• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Help needed Reloading/ duplicating Hornady 6 Creed 108 eld-m match

jackinfl

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 19, 2008
Fort lauderdale, Fl
As the title says, I need some help. I am very happy with how this factory ammo is shooting in my rifle. I want to recreate this round to the best of my ability. I have H4350, Varget and Federal GM210M primers on hand. I also have 600 pcs of 1x fired Hornady Brass. I have 108 eld-m projectiles.

I have a Forster Co-Ax and a set of Forster 6mm Creed dies on back order.

Can anyone get me started on which powder and charge weight? I will mimic the factory seating depth.

Thanks in advance.

I don't believe that you will be able to get the same powder that factory ammo uses, but you likely can find a powder that will duplicate the velocity of the factory load. Have you shot the factory loads over a chronograph?

I run around 41.0 of H4350 which gets me close to the speeds you desire. Same cases and primers as you. Ruger RPR.

Reactions: jackinfl
I’m also about to start loading with Hornady brass and 108 eld-m, but I’ve been looking into the StaBall 6.5 powder. Anyone have experience with it and h4350? Any insight is welcome.

I’m also about to start loading with Hornady brass and 108 eld-m, but I’ve been looking into the StaBall 6.5 powder. Anyone have experience with it and h4350? Any insight is welcome.

Based on this I would say that staball is a bit slower powder for that bullet than the h4350.
1581348771337.png

But Ive also seen reports in the staball thread, mainly with this one starting here and ending here, that maybe bumping the charges up on the ball powder a bit more to get better case fill may be a good idea.

So what I would do is to load your initial load test up from 40-45gr in .5 gr increments and see where you find pressure. Im hoping you find it and then we can stop there and pull the remaining rounds. But, since this is a newer powder, testing a wide range to discover exactly where your safety margins are will be a very reassuring exercise for your reloading with it in the future.

As the title says, I need some help. I am very happy with how this factory ammo is shooting in my rifle. I want to recreate this round to the best of my ability. I have H4350, Varget and Federal GM210M primers on hand. I also have 600 pcs of 1x fired Hornady Brass. I have 108 eld-m projectiles.

I have a Forster Co-Ax and a set of Forster 6mm Creed dies on back order.

Can anyone get me started on which powder and charge weight? I will mimic the factory seating depth.

Thanks in advance.
Same as Hornady ?

Well then develop multiple loads. lol

I had a batch full cases that shot 2945 and another - at 3060 ish in the same barrel. That said the ammo in each batch was relatively consistent.

The entire idea of a hand loading is not to load just like the factory. :)