• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Range Report Help with Android SHOOTER app and Drag Models

CleanMoostang

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 30, 2010
Eastern KY
So I went shooting few days ago and my steel ranged 880. But I ran off and left my android phone at home with shooter, so I guessed 10 mils and about 3 shots I hit it at 10.5.

Using the G1 drag model and my MV of 2470 it shows 10.1 for 880yds so I can leave with that, but at 500yds it shows 3.8mil of adjustments. This is a problem because it actually only takes 3mil.

Now, if I switch to G7 it shows 3.2mil for 500, but only 7.5 for 880yds. What am I doing wrong? Thanks for anything guys

Re: Help with Android SHOOTER app and Drag Models

I just started using the program myself so this may not be accurate.
It sounds like a two part question with "why is doing that and how do I fix it".
I think the instruction are saying select a drag model when in the bullet library and Shooter will select a set of BC's based on model selected. I don't know what happen in the software if you then go back and use a different drag.
You can true the drag curve by tapping the BC bubble and adding BC's to use at minimum velocities. Set up an ammo profile using the Sierra library and G1 and you will se 4 different BC's in the data. You could find the velocity at 500 yd and speed up the BC until the drop is closer to real.
What round are you shooting and with what wepon system?

use the g7 if u can, the 4 numbers are ALL used, not just 1...

i need to make a "how to" vid for this and ballistic...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CleanMoostang</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So I went shooting few days ago and my steel ranged 880. But I ran off and left my android phone at home with shooter, so I guessed 10 mils and about 3 shots I hit it at 10.5.

Using the G1 drag model and my MV of 2470 it shows 10.1 for 880yds so I can leave with that, but at 500yds it shows 3.8mil of adjustments. This is a problem because it actually only takes 3mil.

Now, if I switch to G7 it shows 3.2mil for 500, but only 7.5 for 880yds. What am I doing wrong? Thanks for anything guys </div></div>

Are you manually changing the BC numbers when you switch between G7 and G1?