• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hey western Montana folks

Montana population growth slows​

That's barely thirty thousand people over two years, or an average of 15,000 a year. I suppose it may feel like a lot, but that's not a lot.

I live in Georgia, and we have added roughly 100,000 persons a year every year from 2010 until now. Georgia is tiny compared to Montana, like one third the size.

I am not suggesting that you should want to see that sort of population growth, but I have been lead to believe reading here that Montana is being swamped with folks moving in from California and New York and other places, but it does not appear to be true at all.
Could be the 46,000 new jobs Biden created without creating any affordable housing.

When my children were small, the responsibility of "child care" belonged to the parents.
There was never one cent of Government money that went towards caring for my children.
My children are now in their 40's.
What has changed to make parents feel the government (fellow taxpayers) should pay to take care of their kids ?
If a person can not afford to take care of their child then they should not have children.

Reactions: BadDogPSD
Now, the folks in Prairie County, Montana are probably not feeling the squeeze like the folks around Bozeman, Montana and Yellowstone County, Montana.
True. Many small towns in MT are dying. Alot of the farms get bought up by bigger farms, ranches sell, and the smaller ag based economies those towns run on dry up. Younger people move away and never come back. I guess perception is reality...or vice versa?

Living in BozeAngeles the last 30 years I can say unequivocally that things have changed DRASTICALLY here. We have traffic, homeless camps, illegal immigrants, the whole shebang. When I went to MSU, there were about 8,000 students, now there are closer to 15 or 16,000.

I have worked and lived all over the contiguous 48 since I got out of school, I always came back here because all of the issues stated above we quite simply didn't have. We had it so good, and I knew it. The cat is out of the bag unfortunately, and there are gigantic apartment complexes springing up everywhere around here. As a matter of fact, the City of Bozeman has all but de-facto banned single family homes now. High density residential is the word of the day and those places still rent out for quite a bit more than my house payment is. I am not sure how people actually afford to live here, 2500 bucks a month for a 2 or 3 bedroom apt that is 1000 sq ft doesn't sound like the American Dream to me. To each their own I suppose.

Reactions: Hobo Hilton
True. Many small towns in MT are dying. Alot of the farms get bought up by bigger farms, ranches sell, and the smaller ag based economies those towns run on dry up. Younger people move away and never come back. I guess perception is reality...or vice versa?

Living in BozeAngeles the last 30 years I can say unequivocally that things have changed DRASTICALLY here. We have traffic, homeless camps, illegal immigrants, the whole shebang. When I went to MSU, there were about 8,000 students, now there are closer to 15 or 16,000.

I have worked and lived all over the contiguous 48 since I got out of school, I always came back here because all of the issues stated above we quite simply didn't have. We had it so good, and I knew it. The cat is out of the bag unfortunately, and there are gigantic apartment complexes springing up everywhere around here. As a matter of fact, the City of Bozeman has all but de-facto banned single family homes now. High density residential is the word of the day and those places still rent out for quite a bit more than my house payment is. I am not sure how people actually afford to live here, 2500 bucks a month for a 2 or 3 bedroom apt that is 1000 sq ft doesn't sound like the American Dream to me. To each their own I suppose.
I'm not seeing the State or Federal Government giving up any of it's land for high density housing or camps for the homeless.
They could harvest timber and pay for all of the public schools. They did 60 years ago.

1715701931049.png

1715701888124.png

When my children were small, the responsibility of "child care" belonged to the parents.
There was never one cent of Government money that went towards caring for my children.
My children are now in their 40's.
What has changed to make parents feel the government (fellow taxpayers) should pay to take care of their kids ?
If a person can not afford to take care of their child then they should not have children.

It was a trap.
the average schmuck that sold his soul, taking out loans, for bullshit he didn't need or truthfully couldn't afford, has to make his old lady go to work and the kid gets raised in gladiator camp.

Their plan is working, wisen the fuck up America.

They ain't coming for your kid, they got them.

Between gladiator camp and that fucked up phone you bought them, you sold them out.

Hopefully the city of Bozeman’s planning and development committee have enough smarts to require the developers of these multi unit living complexes to make designated moving truck areas. when we lived in Nashville these multiplex units are everywhere, the over-the-road-truck shows up, drops ramps messing up traffic, and they have to unload outside the complex and then reload things onto a small box truck to drive through the apartment complex what a total cluster fuck. Because of the size of some of these places movers are their everyday.
The 3 - 4 generation locals who are doing the planning have never 1) Planned a boom town or 2) Lived in a boom town.
Watching them build, build, build here and never consider the old sewer treatment plant will over load and dump raw sewage into the Bitterroot River. Not a clue.

It was a trap.
the average schmuck that sold his soul, taking out loans, for bullshit he didn't need or truthfully couldn't afford, has to make his old lady go to work
I have never heard of any man making his wife go to work?

Women want to work because they have been told all of their lives that they are not worth anything if they stay at home to be a wife and mother. Feminism has been drilling this into women, and men, since the 1960s, so for half a century and at least three or four generations now.

In 1955, women married at the age 20.1, almost teenagers. Now it is almost 29. That's a median, so half are older.

Girls are told to go to college and get a career instead.

Once again the "Paid Environmentalist" are attempting to stop the improvements to the infrastructure.
I think the power company should shut off their power in December and leave it off for 3 months.
Perhaps that could influence the attitude of the residents.

Another Government boondoggle. Shut down coal mining. Not a problem today but it will be in the future. Once the miners shut down equipment and the workers go somewhere else.......... What will happen when conditions change and coal is needed ? Short sighted Government plan. the reply is usually "We will cross that bridge when we get to it"...

“The electricity that is generated there also powers all of the missile silos at Malmstrom Air Force Base,” Parry said. “And we have battery backup but it's about four hours worth of battery backup.”