• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hey western Montana folks

1713627909545.png

The income a family of 4 needs to live comfortably in every U.S. state​

Reactions: fx77
With the large influx of transient people coming to Montana, the Legislature attempted to keep them from voting in 2 (or more) states.
"State Attorneys" (paid by the taxpayers) fought the law. So much for protecting the State that pays their salary.

Here is the mindset of a Liberal city with Liberal Commissioners. "We will cross that bridge when we get to it"... In the mean time build, build, build and let the long time residents foot the bill.

“Well, people don't like the traffic that comes with growth. That's been a major complaint so far. A little disappointed, upset by Reserve Street and how that's functioning. But cities grow and you have to accommodate growth the best you can,” Kidston explained. “We all know housing costs are high. The only to alleviate housing costs is to build more housing. So, it's the nature of things. Until somebody comes up with a better idea this is kind of what we got. “

Reactions: Steve_In_29
Every day I'm looking at a way to cash out of a bunch of high value farmland here in MN and move to MT. Run cattle or drive truck, something else. Give MT an additional 7 Constitution loving conservatives

Reactions: knuckleballz
Every day I'm looking at a way to cash out of a bunch of high value farmland here in MN and move to MT. Run cattle or drive truck, something else. Give MT an additional 7 Constitution loving conservatives
Do your Homework.
Communicate off line with eca7891
He went down that road recently.
Narrow your focus, list your priorities "Needs"... or "Wants"...
Rural living is expensive, as far as supplies go.
Medical care will 2nd tier in rural areas but better in the larger cities. But, homeless are an issue in large cities.

Do your Homework.
Communicate off line with eca7891
He went down that road recently.
Narrow your focus, list your priorities "Needs"... or "Wants"...
Rural living is expensive, as far as supplies go.
Medical care will 2nd tier in rural areas but better in the larger cities. But, homeless are an issue in large cities.
We live and farm in rural MN so understand what is needed. VERY self sufficient family, homeschool, etc. We spend several weeks to a couple months a year in MT/AZ hunting and just getting away. Love it.

Last edited:
Probably not "illegals" that can be deported. More likely asylum applicants awaiting a hearing at some point six years in the future, with work permits, which makes them legals, not illegals.

The federal law on asylum and Congress's refusal to change it have landed us in a bind.

There is no provision in federal law for deporting asylum applicants until after their hearing, and, as I pointed out, the backlog is about six years right now. Congress does nothing. Voters are not demanding any action by Congress. Indeed, the voters most concerned about the situation are fruitlessly focusing on the presidential election in November, thinking that will fix things. It won't. Only congressional action will fix this issue.
Not exactly true, EO fixed it, then EO destroyed it. The permanent fix is to have some laws passed, yes through congress. However it is doubtful either party would do this unless we get a lot of MAGA Republicans in those seats. They are unwilling and lack the integrity and fortitude to make things right. The provisions for deporting maybe not, but the pre-screening and rejecting their claims up front and tell them No Entry does exist, this corrupt president and his cronies have turned it upside down. This is part of a bigger plan to bring America to its knees using our own laws…. It is all part of Marxism and Communism and so many other ism’s

Not exactly true, EO fixed it, then EO destroyed it.

You need to look at those EOs and the court cases ruling on those EOs, and, after devoting considerable study, let us know if you still hold the same opinion.

In the words of Judge VanDyke, a Trump appointee to the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals:

"The Biden administration’s ‘Pathways Rule’ before us in this appeal is not meaningfully different from the prior administration’s rules that were backhanded by my two colleagues. This new rule looks like the Trump administration’s Port of Entry Rule and Transit Rule got together, had a baby, and then dolled it up in a stylish modern outfit, complete with a phone app.”

There was no EO that "fixed it," nor was there an EO that "destroyed it." As Judge VanDyke said, the rules of Trump and Biden are "not meaningfully different." That is a Trump appointee to a federal appeals court and no friend to the Biden administration. In fact, in the same dissent, he accused the two Democrat appointee judges on the panel with him of potentially allowing Biden to get away with more on undermining the asylum statute than Trump because of political partisanship.

The courts have struck down both Trump and Biden EOs as violating the plain text of the federal statute.

The more interesting thing about your comments on Congress is that the House sent a representative to the Senate to negotiate the exact fix you suggest, prescreening and rejecting claims up front. That would then become federal law. The Senate agreed to it, and sent it to the House. The Border Patrol Union (which hates Biden, just check out their Twitter - X- page) wanted it and posted on X (Twitter) that it was a "huge improvement" - those words were repeated four times in one post with respect to things in the bill. It was supposed to reduce the average stay in country from 6 years (current) to less than six weeks, with the majority being rejected right out of the gate. Trump tweeted out that it was "garbage," however, and the House announced it DOA.

The House then passed a bill that they knew the Senate would not agree to, which means it was intended to be only a political posture, not a real legislative solution.

Why?

Because this is an election year. The illegal alien crisis has to remain unabated in order to give Trump a boost at the polls. It motivates more of the base to turn out and vote, and a lot of folks in the middle believe the propaganda that this is an EO issue. The vast majority of Americans have no idea about the federal asylum statutes or that EOs issued by both Trump and Biden trying to get around the asylum law have been struck down in the federal courts as violating federal law.

It is the federal law that needs to be fixed.

It will not be touched until after the presidential election, though, because the House Republicans know that this is a winning election year issue. That issue goes away for Trump if they fix it before November.

THAT is what is happening.

It's too bad that the propaganda on this issue has been so successful. The propaganda has actually prevented a real fix.

You need to look at those EOs and the court cases ruling on those EOs, and, after devoting considerable study, let us know if you still hold the same opinion.

In the words of Judge VanDyke, a Trump appointee to the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals:

"The Biden administration’s ‘Pathways Rule’ before us in this appeal is not meaningfully different from the prior administration’s rules that were backhanded by my two colleagues. This new rule looks like the Trump administration’s Port of Entry Rule and Transit Rule got together, had a baby, and then dolled it up in a stylish modern outfit, complete with a phone app.”

There was no EO that "fixed it," nor was there an EO that "destroyed it." As Judge VanDyke said, the rules of Trump and Biden are "not meaningfully different." That is a Trump appointee to a federal appeals court and no friend to the Biden administration. In fact, in the same dissent, he accused the two Democrat appointee judges on the panel with him of potentially allowing Biden to get away with more on undermining the asylum statute than Trump because of political partisanship.

The courts have struck down both Trump and Biden EOs as violating the plain text of the federal statute.

The more interesting thing about your comments on Congress is that the House sent a representative to the Senate to negotiate the exact fix you suggest, prescreening and rejecting claims up front. That would then become federal law. The Senate agreed to it, and sent it to the House. The Border Patrol Union (which hates Biden, just check out their Twitter - X- page) wanted it and posted on X (Twitter) that it was a "huge improvement" - those words were repeated four times in one post with respect to things in the bill. It was supposed to reduce the average stay in country from 6 years (current) to less than six weeks, with the majority being rejected right out of the gate. Trump tweeted out that it was "garbage," however, and the House announced it DOA.

The House then passed a bill that they knew the Senate would not agree to, which means it was intended to be only a political posture, not a real legislative solution.

Why?

Because this is an election year. The illegal alien crisis has to remain unabated in order to give Trump a boost at the polls. It motivates more of the base to turn out and vote, and a lot of folks in the middle believe the propaganda that this is an EO issue. The vast majority of Americans have no idea about the federal asylum statutes or that EOs issued by both Trump and Biden trying to get around the asylum law have been struck down in the federal courts as violating federal law.

It is the federal law that needs to be fixed.

It will not be touched until after the presidential election, though, because the House Republicans know that this is a winning election year issue. That issue goes away for Trump if they fix it before November.

THAT is what is happening.

It's too bad that the propaganda on this issue has been so successful. The propaganda has actually prevented a real fix.
This chart only represents the Mexican border and the illegal aliens they caught, no get always no Canada border. I think you’re wasting your breath the charts speak for themselves. There is some truths to your speculations that could be debated. However I will refer you to this chart for any future debates

Attachments

• IMG_0476.jpeg
    IMG_0476.jpeg
    839.8 KB · Views: 10
There is no speculation whatsoever in my post, nor do I take issue with your chart. The problem for you is that the chart has nothing to do with what I wrote. Apparently there is a lot going on that you just simply do not understand (not from lack of intelligence, just from either a lack of interest or a lack of investigation leading to a lack of knowledge, sort of like, hey, here is a chart, and that is enough for me. I am not looking further). My guess is that you have no real idea of what the executive orders are from each president and what the courts have done with them.

I quoted Judge VanDyke, a Trump appointee, hoping it would spark some interest.

It certainly did for me.

I used to think what you think. Judge VanDyke's writing woke me up to what is really going on, and, once I read the court opinions and the history of the executive orders that social media and Fox News are always going on about, I now have a very clear view of both the law and the current state of affairs.

You can get that, too.

Or you can decide I am wasting my breath and your little chart summarizes all federal asylum law and court cases and executive orders all in one handy little graphic and refuse to expand your knowledge beyond wherever it was when you read what Judge VanDyke had to say.

Your choice.

Most Americans choose ignorance. I sincerely hope you do not, but I certainly understand if you do. It's a lot of work to become knowledgeable, in this case requiring many hours of searching and very deliberate and conscious focus. Most are just trying to work and spend time with family and get by. I get it.

Reactions: Hobo Hilton
Probably a good development.
I know several kids who were home schooled, got an AA degree at a junior college and got snapped up by companies that rejected the DEI culture.
They did have to leave Montana and relocate but they are knocking down big bucks, saving their money and will eventually return. Not a bad plan.

saving their money and will eventually return
Depends on where...Even for folks that make a good living BozeAngeles is a tough road to hoe. GF, Billings, are probably more in reach. I really wish I would have realized how good we had it when interest rates were so low, I really should have snatched up a few rental properties.

I live in a very modest house in a semi decent neighborhood. I built an addition on to it when my kiddo was young and self performed pretty much everything or had buddies who were licensed electricians help me on that side. I went from a 3 bedroom 2 bath to a 4 bedroom 3 bath, all on one level. Realtors have told me numerous times I could sell my house for a small fortune, which is still really hard for me to believe since it is far from a trophy home. Most decent homes now here you are looking at a minimum of a 250-350k down payment and then a monthly payment that is 3-4k. I don't know very many folks who can swing that.

Depends on where...Even for folks that make a good living BozeAngeles is a tough road to hoe. GF, Billings, are probably more in reach. I really wish I would have realized how good we had it when interest rates were so low, I really should have snatched up a few rental properties.

I live in a very modest house in a semi decent neighborhood. I built an addition on to it when my kiddo was young and self performed pretty much everything or had buddies who were licensed electricians help me on that side. I went from a 3 bedroom 2 bath to a 4 bedroom 3 bath, all on one level. Realtors have told me numerous times I could sell my house for a small fortune, which is still really hard for me to believe since it is far from a trophy home. Most decent homes now here you are looking at a minimum of a 250-350k down payment and then a monthly payment that is 3-4k. I don't know very many folks who can swing that.
Hind sight is still 20 / 20. The one's I speak of are smart. They know they must pay their dues as they advance in the working world. They have family here who have a grapevine of information of properties that will come available some time in the future. Properties change hands daily that have never been listed on the market. They are knowledgeable on "The Right of First Refusal". A hedge that cost nothing more than the lawyer fee to draw up the agreement. Everything runs in cycles. I have lived through 4 real estate cycles and passed on some killer deals. If anyone thinks this bubble will not burst, they are mistaken. When the out of state money stops flowing there will be many left high and dry with real estate and a pipe dream.