• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hide Aviation

Hope you dumped the shitters as you climbed out over Denver.

Will improve the smell of the dump.
Sadly, it’s a contained system. However, if you were in back laying a growler on the clock, we can do a courtesy flush from up front to help with odors from the cabin. The outflow valve is aft, so, we have that going for us 😂

• Haha
Reactions: powdahound76
First logbook entry for the boy today in KIOW. His idea, I’ve never pushed it on him. He’s been hitting the books pretty good for the written, so, we’ll see...
BD480431-CA79-4FC6-B9BD-44EA56F534D9.jpeg

180 knots right up the tailpipe this morning equates to 652 knots over the ground (749 mph). I don’t believe in all my years I’ve had it that high.
View attachment 8082961
What altitude? What was actual speed at altitude? I don't k ow how to read all of that pilot stuff. Speed of sound goes down some at altitude.
Chart from engineers edge.
SmartSelect_20230224_161949_Chrome.jpg

We’re jus
What altitude? What was actual speed at altitude? I don't k ow how to read all of that pilot stuff. Speed of sound goes down some at altitude.
Chart from engineers edge.
We’re just playing with GS (ground speed) numbers, and @roostercogburn98 was correct, we’re about 20-30 mph short. It’s just for fun. Our Mmo (max operating mach speed is 0.83). @Skunk was correct. Our TAS (true airspeed) is 473, well short of Mach.

Last winter I did JFK-DEN with 200kts on the nose until descent. Pretty sure the semis were passing us on the interstate

Reactions: tnichols
Y'all clearly never flown a 500-series Citation westbound in low-mid 30s in the winter....
Bro, I would take my old job of flying metroliners single pilot into the UP at night with heavy snow rather than fly citations….i know i might be a little off upstairs but my old job was fun as fucking.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: tnichols
IIRC the C-II would cruise at .65 in the mid-30s, the CJ2+ would do the .737 MMo right up to the FL450 service ceiling.

Kind of bittersweet seeing this thread pop up.

Saw a cardiologist back in ‘21 for what felt like unusual chest pain. Did the usual workup (stress test, ultrasound, blow flow study, lab work, etc.). Everything came back normal aside from slightly elevated BP and cholesterol, nothing alarming (and I have documented white coat syndrome). Doc said to lose some weight, which I did, and we dismissed the pains as likely musculoskeletal in nature. Reported it on my 8500 and never thought anything more of it.

FAA caught wind and asked for office notes. Sure, no problem, they told me I was fine. Got my copies from the cardiologist. He put “generalized atherosclerosis” in my file. Never said a word of it to me in his office. Sent them to the FAA, figuring they might ask me to do a few things, no big deal.

FAA sends a letter back, which I get 12/31. NYE. My birthday. “Send in your medical in 14 days or face enforcement action. Do all these tests. Give up your left nut. Maybe we’ll give your medical back in forever. Baiii.”

I call the cardiologist back in AZ that I saw in ‘21. He can’t back up the diagnosis. No tests were done to come to a conclusion of atherosclerosis, he can’t tell me where he got the diagnosis from, can’t explain why I wasn’t told jack shit about it. Awesome.

I schedule with a cardiologist here in Indiana, nearly a four month wait. We finally see him, super nice dude, down to earth. Does an EKG, “it’s as normal as it gets, this must all be hogwash.” Tells me to get this $49 CT scan to check my heart and such, and if it comes back clear we may be able to shorten this nightmare, so we do it.

Turns out I’m in the 100% percentile for calcium deposits. Meaning 100% of males my age have fewer deposits than I do. Freakin’ sweet! We run a nuclear stress test. Despite exceeding the FAA minimum for it, the imaging is abnormal. We do a cath. My LAD is blocked 80% and we likely caught it just in time to avoid a Widow Maker, took two stents to open it up.

Folks, I’m in my late 30’s. Not a marathon runner but not in awful shape, my diet could be better but again, better than most. Never smoked or drank in my life. I’m a statistical outlier.

Moral of the story: get yourself checked once in awhile. Some how, some way, God has a sick sense of humor and used the FAA’s draconian medical bull crap to save my life lol. Were I not a pilot, we may never have known and I would have just dropped dead one day, or gone to bed and never woke up (happened to a buddy of mine who just turned 50 in January of ‘22). It SUCKS having the FAA send that letter. 12/31/22 was the worse day of my life, right up until we got the cath and stents done and realized how close we came to me going to the Big Dark.

I know we pilots don’t want to see docs because it could spell the end. We moved about this time last year, specifically for a flying job. My career is on hold and just got a lot more complicated, but I’m still here to enjoy my family. Nobody hates the FAA Medical Certification Division more than I do, but listen to your body. What was dismissed back in ‘21 turned out to be a big deal, and had I just brushed those VERY early warning signs off, I might not be here today.

Anyway, on a happier note, I do have a commercial student now so for as long as he’s training, I can fly. Went up on Tuesday for the first time since December last year. Maybe this nightmare will be resolved before he’s done and I can resume my life as I once knew it lol.

9BC3E95A-299D-43AA-B0D4-855469B59149.jpeg

Last edited:
Man, that's a SAGA. But I'm glad you caught it in time to stay on the green side of the grass. I hope you can get back to the type of flying you crave ASAP.
@_Windrider_ That's a sweet picture. Belongs on a wall in your house somewhere.

A75791CE-18DC-4FBE-9382-2963C751F8FC.png

This was a couple of months ago over the North Pacific. 200 knots on the tail. Fastest I’ve seen.

Last edited:
Saw a cardiologist back in ‘21 for what felt like unusual chest pain. Did the usual workup (stress test, ultrasound, blow flow study, lab work, etc.). Everything came back normal aside from slightly elevated BP and cholesterol, nothing alarming (and I have documented white coat syndrome). Doc said to lose some weight, which I did, and we dismissed the pains as likely musculoskeletal in nature. Reported it on my 8500 and never thought anything more of it.

FAA caught wind and asked for office notes. Sure, no problem, they told me I was fine. Got my copies from the cardiologist. He put “generalized atherosclerosis” in my file. Never said a word of it to me in his office. Sent them to the FAA, figuring they might ask me to do a few things, no big deal.

FAA sends a letter back, which I get 12/31. NYE. My birthday. “Send in your medical in 14 days or face enforcement action. Do all these tests. Give up your left nut. Maybe we’ll give your medical back in forever. Baiii.”

I call the cardiologist back in AZ that I saw in ‘21. He can’t back up the diagnosis. No tests were done to come to a conclusion of atherosclerosis, he can’t tell me where he got the diagnosis from, can’t explain why I wasn’t told jack shit about it. Awesome.

I schedule with a cardiologist here in Indiana, nearly a four month wait. We finally see him, super nice dude, down to earth. Does an EKG, “it’s as normal as it gets, this must all be hogwash.” Tells me to get this $49 CT scan to check my heart and such, and if it comes back clear we may be able to shorten this nightmare, so we do it.

Turns out I’m in the 100% percentile for calcium deposits. Meaning 100% of males my age have fewer deposits than I do. Freakin’ sweet! We run a nuclear stress test. Despite exceeding the FAA minimum for it, the imaging is abnormal. We do a cath. My LAD is blocked 80% and we likely caught it just in time to avoid a Widow Maker, took two stents to open it up.

Folks, I’m in my late 30’s. Not a marathon runner but not in awful shape, my diet could be better but again, better than most. Never smoked or drank in my life. I’m a statistical outlier.

Moral of the story: get yourself checked once in awhile. Some how, some way, God has a sick sense of humor and used the FAA’s draconian medical bull crap to save my life lol. Were I not a pilot, we may never have known and I would have just dropped dead one day, or gone to bed and never woke up (happened to a buddy of mine who just turned 50 in January of ‘22). It SUCKS having the FAA send that letter. 12/31/22 was the worse day of my life, right up until we got the cath and stents done and realized how close we came to me going to the Big Dark.

I know we pilots don’t want to see docs because it could spell the end. We moved about this time last year, specifically for a flying job. My career is on hold and just got a lot more complicated, but I’m still here to enjoy my family. Nobody hates the FAA Medical Certification Division more than I do, but listen to your body. What was dismissed back in ‘21 turned out to be a big deal, and had I just brushed those VERY early warning signs off, I might not be here today.

Anyway, on a happier note, I do have a commercial student now so for as long as he’s training, I can fly. Went up on Tuesday for the first time since December last year. Maybe this nightmare will be resolved before he’s done and I can resume my life as I once knew it

Glad you got your stress test/cath, and stents. "Unstable angina" (chest pain out of nowhere) should always be addressed with a stress test (especially in the age of jabs); what puzzles me is that your prior stress test in 2021 was totally normal after that episode of CP.

I got a wake up call regarding calcium buildup in my aorta after a car accident and low back issues when I was 40. Turns out over a decade of supplemental calcium without taking supplemental K2 was the most likely factor!! Can't emphasize making sure loved ones that take calcium are taking a supplement that has K2 or are taking additional K2.

Guys, take chest pain seriously. If your doctor doesn't, find another doctor. Sadly , one of the "good" thing about the jab (and its sequelae) is that chest pain is being taking seriosuly in every age group. I know y'all are big and strong and it might not be "that bad", but think of those counting on you and take care of yourselves.

Reactions: JR_77 and tnichols
Life ain’t all bad, though. One of my students suckered me into joining as a core member at American Huey here in Peru, IN. Gotta admit, having the chance to help preserve and share the memory of the fine men and women who flew these amazing machines in Vietnam is an opportunity I never saw coming. Very much looking forward to helping out as often as I can, the people here are amazing!

IMG_8759.jpeg

IMG_8771.jpeg

No, it was December about an hour SE of Anchorage on our way back to DFW. I just saw this thread so thought I’d post it. Here was a view out the window.

View attachment 8136437
Nice. They were pretty good in the lower 48 last week. I was over Nebraska and could see it plain as day. Not quite that spectacular but they were sweet

The amount of 'AWESOME' there, is inestimable. Your son has accomplished SO MUCH in his very fulfilled time SO FAR..... it's hard to imagine where he'll be or what he'll be doing in 8 years from now.

Excellent parenting. And I bet he can read/write cursive, too! (secret-code to most, nowadays)