• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

High Caliber Sales factoid....

KJO

Sergeant
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Jan 18, 2006
Freedom, Indiana
Hope this isn't a bother for anyone but over the past cpl weeks we've sold 8 MK12's to a movie supply company in CA for use in the upcoming film of "Lone Survivor".

Just thought it was pretty cool that we'll know that those rifles in the movie were touched by us...

Glad to see Marcus Luttrell and his team member's families get recognition -- hope Hollywood doesn't bastardize the facts too badly....

Thanks for listening...

Kevin
[email protected]

Re: High Caliber Sales factoid....

Kevin,
That is great and well deserved. I also share your hopes. My MK 12's are still shooting great! My favorite by a wide margin. What MOD did they go with???
RTH

Thanks guys

It was the MOD1 -- Independent Studio Services presented several to a retired mil tech panel for review; got their approval and ordered the rest. 6 are fully functional and 2 have solid barrels.

For those that haven't -- the book is a great read...

K

Nice to hear they are trying to at least be authentic. Hope they don't go Hollywood on us.

You certainly got your name out there! Congrats.

Glad there using authentic weapons hope its realistic tired of BS movies

MA6.jpg

Here is a photo of one of Matt Axelson with a MK12 MOD1.

I had no idea they used real gun parts in Hollywood. Wow.

Outstanding Kevin!!!

I'm a big believer in what you guys do at HCS in terms of your Special Purpose Receiver program rifle/upper builds...your a true expert on this subject, and your outfit cuts no corners while building them.

HCS deserves every bit of positive credit it receives:)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KJO</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Glad to see Marcus Luttrell and his team member's families get recognition -- hope Hollywood doesn't bastardize the facts too badly....</div></div>

It seems they're going in the right direction with this blib of news, very cool HCS.

Great Book! Chris Kyles book American Sniper is a good read as well. And nothing but love for the MK12

Not only does High Caliber Sales build great rifles and Mark 12 Uppers but Kevin is also one of the nicest and most honorable people to deal with you will ever meet. I can't say enough good things about how they do business.

Last edited:
from the movie's trailer, the rifles look damn good.

That is awesome, congrats!

My HCS Mk12 Mod01 is my best shooting, all time favorite rifle. And I've owned some real peaches. Surgeons, EDMs, SIGs, HKs, Winchesters, LMTs, Springfields and on and on. I like the Mk12 so much I am building a second one to pass down to my nephews should the kits from Kevin and Alan ever become unavailable. I have already re barreled my first one. Got 6000 fun tickets down the tube. Get one while you can, you won't be disappointed. Life is short, don't shoot junkers.

Not only does High Caliber Sales build great rifles and Mark 12 Uppers but Kevin is also one of the nicest and most honorable people to deal with you will ever meet. I can't say enough good things about how they do business.

+1, one of the best vendors I have ever dealt with

I just got my HCS mk12 upper and am foaming at the mouth to get it built up and dialed in. Still need a PST 2.5-10x32 and a 12th model...

I'm curious if the 6000 was all the mk262 ammo?
Also wondering about your typical use for this barrel in terms of rates of fire? IE: timed course fire vs. 3 gun course fire vs mag dumps
Thanks,

My HCS Mk12 Mod01 is my best shooting, all time favorite rifle. And I've owned some real peaches. Surgeons, EDMs, SIGs, HKs, Winchesters, LMTs, Springfields and on and on. I like the Mk12 so much I am building a second one to pass down to my nephews should the kits from Kevin and Alan ever become unavailable. I have already re barreled my first one. Got 6000 fun tickets down the tube. Get one while you can, you won't be disappointed. Life is short, don't shoot junkers.

I'm curious if the 6000 was all the mk262 ammo?
Also wondering about your typical use for this barrel in terms of rates of fire? IE: timed course fire vs. 3 gun course fire vs mag dumps
Thanks,

Was wondering the same thing. 6k rounds seems quite low.

To answer the above posts: the bolt showed the start of stress fracturing and the barrel was throwing flyers at 6000 plus. Most shooting was cover/suppressive fire from an overwatch position. Fire one round, see if the sum bitch got the message. Estimated 2000 rounds in full auto 5-10 round bursts, an occasional "fu*k these bastards full magazine death in a hail of bullets" moment. Alan Brown seemed to think it was about time to replace the barrel at 6000 given his experiences at NSW Crane. The Ops Inc Model 12 shows no sign of weakness to date, but a little heat discoloration. Might be a guy could get 10K out of a barrel in the singe fire, deliberate fire mode or target shooting. Most ammo was Mk262 OTM, a smattering of blue label reloads and some what have you when nothing else was available. My recommendation: buy the upper from HCS asafp, buy a spare barrel and stock up on all the BH Mk262 you can afford to sit on. Africa is calling.