• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

High Quality Poncho?

g3ninfinite

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 21, 2007
Los Angeles County
Last edited:
I like the old GI issue ponchos. You can buy 6 or so old school ponchos at surplus for the price of one of them Hazard 4 ponchos .

Last edited:
I have no experience with the Hazard 4 poncho but after trying one of their Evac Plan-B Sling Packs my opinion of their product overall is that you can do better for equal or less money. The Plan-B wasn't terrible but when you compare it to a comparable offering from SOTech the quality differences are pretty striking, and... the SOTech pack was less $$!

Amen Gunga

Go to e-bay or some surplus store and get the old 60-70 style ponchos. It will do every thing you listed and then some.

Get the old style poncho liner to go with it in case it gets nippy.

Not a poncho, but I bought a set of the GI gortex rain suits a while back, and love it.... It's in digital multicam.... It can be worn in warm temps without the sweating you get with other suits.... Excellent option unless you're stuck on a poncho...

Not a poncho, but I bought a set of the GI gortex rain suits a while back, and love it.... It's in digital multicam.... It can be worn in warm temps without the sweating you get with other suits.... Excellent option unless you're stuck on a poncho...

Do you have a link for this? Only thing I'm finding with that description wont fit over an external armor carrier + assault pack.

Check out the O.P.S.E.C. poncho from survival-solutions.com. It'm multicam, US made, and made to go over a pack.

The Jerven bag is a poncho on steroids. ;-)
I saw it on IWA fair in nuremberg. Very light but made in a strange camo and the price.. puh.
And for hunting it´s a little bit too noisy.