• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

High speed chase.

Rant Durden

Calmer than you
Minuteman
Mar 18, 2018
I just finished watching another high speed/ low speed chase go on forever and it just makes me so fucking mad. Honestly, if one of these assholes runs somebody over or causes a major crash the response is “well the cops should back off so something bad doesn’t happen.”
Seriously when the fuck did resisting arrest become a right? Whatever your opinion on Mr. Floyd et all is, the common thread is they ALL FUCKING RESISTED ARREST. Had they not and just clicked up, they would be alive and likely out of the pokey by now.
I don’t understand anymore.
Why can’t we just call the nightly news “you’re daily propaganda on cbs/nbc/abc?

I just finished watching another high speed/ low speed chase go on forever and it just makes me so fucking mad. Honestly, if one of these assholes runs somebody over or causes a major crash the response is “well the cops should back off so something bad doesn’t happen.”
Seriously when the fuck did resisting arrest become a right? Whatever your opinion on Mr. Floyd et all is, the common thread is they ALL FUCKING RESISTED ARREST. Had they not and just clicked up, they would be alive and likely out of the pokey by now.
Why can’t we just call the nightly news “you’re daily propaganda on cbs/nbc/abc?

Around the same time I foolishly expected to not have to worry about getting run over by a idiot and idiot cops chasing him over a stolen candy bar.

So it depends.

If the person has the launch codes for a nuke or something, or is a serial killer, by all means run him down

If the person had a expired drivers license, let it go killer, you have their info, their plate, them on video, go catch up with them at 5am or as they get off work or something. Don’t go chase a piddly nothing offense just because the idiot ran, I mean I expect my overpaid cops to have instincts better than a poorly trained dog.

Someone TEMPORARILY getting away from the cops for a victimless crime > causing a deadly crash because you had to get it on.

All new cars will soon have a non bypassable remote disable.. they already have tons of spy shit in them.
And...Heaven forbid that shit ever malf., while driving thru the Rockies, on I-70, at 70-80 mph, and you launch your ass off a cliff. But, yeah, that shit's coming. Mac

Reactions: Bender
And...Heaven forbid that shit ever malf., while driving thru the Rockies, on I-70, at 70-80 mph, and you launch your ass off a cliff. But, yeah, that shit's coming. Mac
Probably on purpose. Oh he is a conservative and he didn’t agree with Facebook post blah blah last week, oh he is on the i70, run him off the cliff.

Probably on purpose. Oh he is a conservative and he didn’t agree with Facebook post blah blah last week, oh he is on the i70, run him off the cliff.

There have been some instances where folks are kind of thinking that may have already been the case.
Hacking the drive systems and braking systems on cars has been proven to be something that can be done by those that know what they are doing.

There have been some instances where folks are kind of thinking that may have already been the case.
Hacking the drive systems and braking systems on cars has been proven to be something that can be done by those that know what they are doing.
Well if that is the case and can be proven then I have no idea why we haven’t mounted up yet. Thats not even remotely acceptable!

Reactions: Bender
Well if that is the case and can be proven then I have no idea why we haven’t mounted up yet. Thats not even remotely acceptable!

Proven, that's the hard part, much like we all know the election was stolen but "proof" that would be accepted by the courts is hard to come up with because of how it was done.

Maybe the person got distracted and accidentally stomped on the accelerator pedal instead of the brake when they were headed to the bend, maybe the car that was following them a couple cars back hacked into the drive system and turned off the brakes.

Here is an article about some proof of concept work that shows it is possible.

Then if for example you have a vehicle with remote "assistance" technology, or something like a Tesla where the car is constantly talking to the computers back at the factory the chances for somebody with money and power to do something become a bit more interesting.

Around the same time I foolishly expected to not have to worry about getting run over by a idiot and idiot cops chasing him over a stolen candy bar.

So it depends.

If the person has the launch codes for a nuke or something, or is a serial killer, by all means run him down

If the person had a expired drivers license, let it go killer, you have their info, their plate, them on video, go catch up with them at 5am or as they get off work or something. Don’t go chase a piddly nothing offense just because the idiot ran, I mean I expect my overpaid cops to have instincts better than a poorly trained dog.

Someone TEMPORARILY getting away from the cops for a victimless crime > causing a deadly crash because you had to get it on.
I like how idiot cops will chase some idiot through crowded streets over an expired license, hitting other cars, blowing red lights, sacrificing and destroying their own vehicles paid for by taxpayers while playing demolition derby blocking him in or doing a pit maneuver, flipping some truck at highway speeds knocking down telephone poles, and then screaming at the driver "DO YOU KNOW HOW MANY PEOPLES LIVES YOU PUT IN DANGER!!?"

Last edited:
If illegal aliens and other criminals knew they won't be pursued, they would just always run. No bail/catch release policies isn't helping either.

I’ve yet to understand what advantages there are to designing a car where the pedals and steering are not directly connected mechanically to their respective systems.

Anyone who has built classic cars and upgraded their old systems to modern but still mechanical or hydraulic systems knows you can get excellent brake feel, excellent steering, etc from these systems. Easily the same or better than current electronic systems without adding a hacking risk.

I’ve yet to understand what advantages there are to designing a car where the pedals and steering are not directly connected mechanically to their respective systems.

Anyone who has built classic cars and upgraded their old systems to modern but still mechanical or hydraulic systems knows you can get excellent brake feel, excellent steering, etc from these systems. Easily the same or better than current electronic systems without adding a hacking risk.
BECAUSE...People would actually have to DRIVE them. .Gov wants to be able to control ALL things.
We are losing our freedoms by the day. BIG Tech., is going to be the death of us at some point in our future. It all started with that gadget we carry around in our F'n hand, day in, day out. Mac

Fly by wire makes sense in very large and primarily automated systems, a car not so much.

Biggest thing is fly by wire throttle for use with traction control, but that’s only needed for house wives and children, start to slid both feet wide, start to spin both feet in etc

But I’m also not a big fan of electric seats, traction control, etc. I blame it on the fat people, and the “kids” who actually don’t want to get their drivers licenses.

Reactions: Mater2009
BECAUSE...People would actually have to DRIVE them. .Gov wants to be able to control ALL things.
We are losing our freedoms by the day. BIG Tech., is going to be the death of us at some point in our future. It all started with that gadget we carry around in our F'n hand, day in, day out. Mac

Look up the cathedral, the guy who talks about it is not the best guy, but his points on this subject are spot on.

Gov doesn’t really do anything, they lack the originality or mental firepower, they just pander and follow the leader, see academia and the TV

the cathedral
Describes the broadly left leaning 'media academia complex' in which Western Liberal democracy is steeped. In broad terms, the juxtaposition of cultural Marxism and what is seen as democracy's intrinsic tyranny where takers get to out vote makers.

It is a term coined by dark enlightenmentbloggers and gaining increasingly widespread usage.
Since the Cathedral has ascended to global supremacy, it no longer has need for Founding Fathers, who awkwardly recall its parochial ancestry, and impede its transnational public relations. Rather, it seeks perpetual re-invigoration through their denigration. The phenomenon of the ‘New Atheism’, with its transparent progressive affiliations, attests abundantly to this. Paleo-puritanism must be derided in order for neo-puritanism to flourish – the meme is dead, long live the meme!”

Fly by wire makes sense in very large and primarily automated systems, a car not so much.

Biggest thing is fly by wire throttle for use with traction control, but that’s only needed for house wives and children, start to slid both feet wide, start to spin both feet in etc

But I’m also not a big fan of electric seats, traction control, etc. I blame it on the fat people, and the “kids” who actually don’t want to get their drivers licenses.

That’s exactly it, my father took me out to a parking lot when it was snowing and had me drive until I figured it out how to resolve slides and manage braking in snow.

First snow of the year I’ll drive past a few wrecks being cleaned up by people with all of these devices but without basic understanding of how to adjust.

Reactions: TurboTrout
The problem with solely saying that chasing someone over a petty offense is not worth it is most people don't flee for JUST a petty offense. They also have warrants, narcotics, in a fresh non-reported stolen vehicle and other factors as well. Sure, there are people who just run a stop sign and flee vs getting a written warning or ticket, but that's also a small population in that way. Criminals are much harder to catch in the act vs on a "routine" traffic stop. Even the big time dope dealers speed, fail to use turn signal or other petty offenses which leads to them being stopped.

In my area, juveniles are stealing cars regularly. They know most agencies around here won't pursue them anymore. Reason number one is the juveniles are worse drivers than adults, so they pose an even bigger risk when fleeing. Number two is the juvenile court system for this county is a joke. "oh you stole a car and fled from police?"..."ok call your parent or guardian and tell them to come pick you up."

So it depends.

Broken windows theory. If people know that you will not case them, they will always commit crime and always run.
That and most criminals are caught doing small minor offenses which turn into a major arrest.

Reactions: 34SF
Then if for example you have a vehicle with remote "assistance" technology, or something like a Tesla where the car is constantly talking to the computers back at the factory the chances for somebody with money and power to do something become a bit more interesting.
Like getting 'Clintoned'.

None of which is worth risking other people's lives by chasing them 100MPH pass a school yard.......in most cases they got their info and can get them at a later time.
I can’t speak for everyone, but I don’t personally know of anyone who would chase at that speed near a school. Secondly, when someone flees, 90% of the time the registered owner is not the driver. Additionally, the registered owner may have sold the car and didn’t make sure the buyer registered it under their name. This doesn’t even factor people using stolen plates and putting them on a car they commit crimes with.

Therefore, just because you have a license plate doesn’t mean you have accurate information to follow up with later on.

Considering your average person does not just flee for a minor traffic offense, you have to ask yourself “why is this person committing a felony to get out of a petty misdemeanor?” Then asking yourself, is this person worth apprehending and to what extent.

I can’t speak for everyone, but I don’t personally know of anyone who would chase at that speed near a school. Secondly, when someone flees, 90% of the time the registered owner is not the driver. Additionally, the registered owner may have sold the car and didn’t make sure the buyer registered it under their name. This doesn’t even factor people using stolen plates and putting them on a car they commit crimes with.

Therefore, just because you have a license plate doesn’t mean you have accurate information to follow up with later on.

Considering your average person does not just flee for a minor traffic offense, you have to ask yourself “why is this person committing a felony to get out of a petty misdemeanor?” Then asking yourself, is this person worth apprehending and to what extent.

Exactly

I've watched COPS since it first aired and have seen almost every episode. Most all chases end with the arresting cop admonishing and taunting the apprehended driver with "...You ran because you had a misdemeanor ticket. Now you have a felony, blah, blah..."

Or "If you had just pulled over I would have probably just issued you a ticket and you would be on your way. Now, you're going to jail and I'm going home, blah, blah"

Reactions: Steel+Killer
We are living during "The Fall of an Empire".... Those of us who are Senior Citizens are shaking our heads. The young people are accepting these events as the "norm".
It will only get worse.
Senior citizen? Ppfffftt

I prefer to think of my self as:

Advanced experience individual.

But is headshaking. Im so glad Im not 18 and facing whats coming.

All new cars will soon have a non bypassable remote disable.. they already have tons of spy shit in them.
Ah, that's where the aftermarket comes in.

We'll just have to put in an aftermarket master cylinder and ditch the abs, aftermarket ECM with dash, and delete the big brother monitoring.

May as well add a bunch of horsepower with the capabilities of the new ECM.

Reactions: 308pirate
I've watched COPS since it first aired and have seen almost every episode. Most all chases end with the arresting cop admonishing and taunting the apprehended driver with "...You ran because you had a misdemeanor ticket. Now you have a felony, blah, blah..."

Or "If you had just pulled over I would have probably just issued you a ticket and you would be on your way. Now, you're going to jail and I'm going home, blah, blah"
You’re basing a TV show with a select few recordings worth showing on TV for views as your policing reality. They wouldn’t bother showing an officer attempting to make a traffic stop and cancel a pursuit.

You could make the argument that the officers were a little more motivated to chase the ball with a camera crew on board of a popular TV show, but you can’t simply base pursuits as being unreasonable because stupid people made stupid decisions.

Reactions: TexPatriot

So it depends.

Sorry, calling bullshit on this. A high percentage of the time minor infractions don't turn into much but In my life time I rolled the largest LSD but in CA history (many moons ago), two AH with murder wants, and a AH with a child abduction want in pursuits of idiots. Of course, most of them didn't amount to much more than evasion and reckless but when an expired tag or a rolled stop turns into something more, I think it matters. You don't know until it's over and they never evade because they're late for church.

So it depends.

Are you drinking?!?! Dude, theft is theft. You are playing the slippery slope of follow this rule but let that one slide.... thats how we got where we are right now.... people like you.... you know who drives around with expired liscences? Criminals, when they run, its because they have a reason to... when some asshat steals a candy bar we all take up the cost of it later... you need to grow a spine dude.

We are living during "The Fall of an Empire".... Those of us who are Senior Citizens are shaking our heads. The young people are accepting these events as the "norm".
It will only get worse.
Sucks for us middle aged guys! And yeah it’s only going to get worse. Easy for the younger gen to accept it as norm because they don’t know any better!

I'm of the mind that high speed chases shouldn't be allowed to continue any longer than it takes to end them by whatever means necessary. Nothing to do with why they ran, everything to do with the people around them they are threatening with a deadly weapon.

A chase ending crash is not the fault of those pursuing.

Reactions: Slash0311
Solid Rant. Full username still under review.

IConsidering your average person does not just flee for a minor traffic offense, you have to ask yourself “why is this person committing a felony to get out of a petty misdemeanor?” Then asking yourself, is this person worth apprehending and to what extent.

Gotta remember how many never reach the "average" bar.

Caught in the middle of a HS chase about a year ago. Turns out the kid ran because...well, he wasn't average. No wants, no warrants, nothing in the car, wasn't even speeding. The car and driver matched the description of someone the cops had tried to stop the night before. I watched him make a very feeble attempt to fight off the Belgian Malinois; that was entertaining. I guess he just wanted the street cred.

DS pal was hit by a guy as he fled (nothing serious). As the DS approached he slammed it in gear and fled. Caught a few miles away, no wants, warrants, nothing in the car. Went to jail and lost his new Audi. Pal wanted to ask if he knew another individual he was looking for.

The problem with solely saying that chasing someone over a petty offense is not worth it is most people don't flee for JUST a petty offense. They also have warrants, narcotics, in a fresh non-reported stolen vehicle and other factors as well. Sure, there are people who just run a stop sign and flee vs getting a written warning or ticket, but that's also a small population in that way. Criminals are much harder to catch in the act vs on a "routine" traffic stop. Even the big time dope dealers speed, fail to use turn signal or other petty offenses which leads to them being stopped.

In my area, juveniles are stealing cars regularly. They know most agencies around here won't pursue them anymore. Reason number one is the juveniles are worse drivers than adults, so they pose an even bigger risk when fleeing. Number two is the juvenile court system for this county is a joke. "oh you stole a car and fled from police?"..."ok call your parent or guardian and tell them to come pick you up."
I spy someone else who works in Illinois. 😂

Those of you advocating for not chasing fleeing vehicles are, I’m sure, the same ones who complain about Chicago’s abhorrent crime rate. No-Chase policies have paved the way for the state of the world we live in currently. Give an Inch, and assholes take a Mile.

A major problem in the Chicagoland area right now is crews of juveniles running around in stolen high performance Dodges/Jeeps (SRT’s, Scat Packs, Hellcats, Trackhawks, etc...). Most are armed, and commonly responsible for repeated shootings, robberies, carjackings (usually taking more high end vehicles to assist them in their continued criminal efforts) and more. They flee with impunity (usually until they total the vehicle because they don’t have the driving experience/learned skill to handle those type of cars). They frequently swap out the registrations with plates stolen off similar vehicles or unattended dealer plates. Even my suburban county has had issues with these crews. As LE, all you know is that you have a speeding Dodge Charger or Jeep Grand Cherokee until they flee, and often even after that we can only suspect it was a stolen vehicle. Difficult to know much more until they’re in custody.

Without catching them in the act, there’s very little chance of finding out who was driving those vehicles. If by chance you end up locating a vehicle that hasn’t been burned out; Juveniles aren’t gonna have DNA samples in CODIS, and fingerprints are nearly impossible to pull out of modern vehicles with what has become the typical textured interiors. That’s the Catch-22. Sure, if you let the supposed “minor violators“ go when they run, it might just be a minor violation. It also might be an 18 year old who’s already on parole and in possession of a stolen gun. Tomorrow he could kill someone during a carjacking gone bad. Some here will say this kind of thinking is a “pre-crime”/Minority Report mentality, but I see it as a fairness and consistency issue. Why should criminals be immune from the laws that the rest of us agree to adhere to?

I’ve personally been involved in a chase that began as a violation for no lights on a trailer in a neighboring county. It spanned multiple counties, chase being terminated and eventually picked up elsewhere by another agency until he finally stopped (I take credit for stopping him, because the driver was too damn cold driving on the tollway with his broken out window, courtesy of yours truly...he was stopping and letting officers approach, then taking off, repeatedly). Arresting officers pulled a clearly mentally unstable individual from the vehicle and found countless bomb making materials and a baffling amount of 20 gallon propane tanks located both in his vehicle and enclosed trailer).

Don’t make excuses for criminals. You can’t know the extent of their criminality until they’ve been caught. If they don’t flee, no one gets hurt. How can any other outcome possibly be the fault of the police?

Broken windows theory. If people know that you will not case them, they will always commit crime and always run.
That and most criminals are caught doing small minor offenses which turn into a major arrest.

Kinda like how the death penalty states have like zero capital crimes, because it’s such a deterrent?

But I’m also one who thinks victimless crimes should be capped at a fee and not record, I’d also abolish puritanical laws as well as the NFA and income tax.

Reactions: Bullfrog08
Are you drinking?!?! Dude, theft is theft. You are playing the slippery slope of follow this rule but let that one slide.... thats how we got where we are right now.... people like you.... you know who drives around with expired liscences? Criminals, when they run, its because they have a reason to... when some asshat steals a candy bar we all take up the cost of it later... you need to grow a spine dude.

Nope

And do you wear one of those little puritanical hats when you type stuff like that?

Sorry but putting my life in danger for a traffic ticket, or to recover some stolen crap, or because he had a warrant for smoking the wrong type of leaf, I’m just not down with that. I don’t care.

If you’re going to reckless drive through my neighborhood at unsafe speeds, it better be to catch a murderer, or someone about carry out a mass attack or something.

My life, and the lives of my family, are worth more than your stupid stolen TV, or desire to get it on over a traffic ticket.

Then you have not thought much about the problem.

Proven, that's the hard part, much like we all know the election was stolen but "proof" that would be accepted by the courts is hard to come up with because of how it was done.

Maybe the person got distracted and accidentally stomped on the accelerator pedal instead of the brake when they were headed to the bend, maybe the car that was following them a couple cars back hacked into the drive system and turned off the brakes.

Here is an article about some proof of concept work that shows it is possible.

These exploits require an attack vendor - poorly-implemented infotainment systems being the usual route. They require a vehicle with an improperly implemented gateway between communication buses. They almost always take advantage of commands that are used during service, and those commands are almost always disabled at higher speeds (typical 15 MPH or so). In other words, this combination of vulnerability is pretty uncommon, which is why almost all of these stories involve a particular Jeep product of a particular vintage and low speeds.

We're now implementing a variety of cybersecurity measures in the auto industry. I won't go into details in a public forum, but it will be pretty tough stuff to crack. It's also gonna make service and modification extremely difficult, and I can't say that I'm particularly happy about that outcome.

• Angry
Reactions: Texasflyer
Apple said the same thing.. and thier shit gets hacked constantly.. even if it takes a year or so.

Side question. Do anarchists also believe in no taxes and no law enforcement? The end result of that is Mad Max or south side Chicago.. take your pick.

I like how cops will chase some idiot through crowded streets over an expired license, hitting other cars, blowing red lights, sacrificing and destroying their own vehicles blocking him in after playing demolition derby or doing a pit maneuver, flipping some truck at highway speeds knocking down telephone poles, and then screaming at the driver "DO YOU KNOW HOW MANY PEOPLES LIVES YOU PUT IN DANGER!!?"
so what level of crime can i commit and not have the cops chase me over it?.....

i mean, if i can just commit a crime and run away with no repercussions, why bother making it a crime?

Nope

And do you wear one of those little puritanical hats when you type stuff like that?

Sorry but putting my life in danger for a traffic ticket, or to recover some stolen crap, or because he had a warrant for smoking the wrong type of leaf, I’m just not down with that. I don’t care.

If you’re going to reckless drive through my neighborhood at unsafe speeds, it better be to catch a murderer, or someone about carry out a mass attack or something.

My life, and the lives of my family, are worth more than your stupid stolen TV, or desire to get it on over a traffic ticket.
if you have stolen crap, the police should just shoot you in the fucking face.

if you are stealing other peoples shit, fuck your life....learn how to be a civilized member of society and well consider your life having value.

Apple said the same thing.. and thier shit gets hacked constantly.. even if it takes a year or so.

Oh, car stuff gets hacked all the time - that's pretty much the foundation of the modern aftermarket, and is also an important process in reverse-engineering parts for the service industry.

But there is a substantial difference between figuring out how to alter fuel and spark tables in an ECU, and somehow taking remote control of the brakes and steering via an existing wireless connection. Once again, many cars don't have the architecture or functionality required to make that happen, and the ones that do have safeguards in place.

All that being said, anything can happen if there is sufficient motivation. Could a nation-state do some evil things if they had source code and physical access to a target vehicle? Sure! But there are probably easier ways to make something bad happen to the occupants.

I spy someone else who works in Illinois. 😂

Those of you advocating for not chasing fleeing vehicles are, I’m sure, the same ones who complain about Chicago’s abhorrent crime rate. No-Chase policies have paved the way for the state of the world we live in currently. Give an Inch, and assholes take a Mile.

A major problem in the Chicagoland area right now is crews of juveniles running around in stolen high performance Dodges/Jeeps (SRT’s, Scat Packs, Hellcats, Trackhawks, etc...). Most are armed, and commonly responsible for repeated shootings, robberies, carjackings (usually taking more high end vehicles to assist them in their continued criminal efforts) and more. They flee with impunity (usually until they total the vehicle because they don’t have the driving experience/learned skill to handle those type of cars). They frequently swap out the registrations with plates stolen off similar vehicles or unattended dealer plates. Even my suburban county has had issues with these crews. As LE, all you know is that you have a speeding Dodge Charger or Jeep Grand Cherokee until they flee, and often even after that we can only suspect it was a stolen vehicle. Difficult to know much more until they’re in custody.

Without catching them in the act, there’s very little chance of finding out who was driving those vehicles. If by chance you end up locating a vehicle that hasn’t been burned out; Juveniles aren’t gonna have DNA samples in CODIS, and fingerprints are nearly impossible to pull out of modern vehicles with what has become the typical textured interiors. That’s the Catch-22. Sure, if you let the supposed “minor violators“ go when they run, it might just be a minor violation. It also might be an 18 year old who’s already on parole and in possession of a stolen gun. Tomorrow he could kill someone during a carjacking gone bad. Some here will say this kind of thinking is a “pre-crime”/Minority Report mentality, but I see it as a fairness and consistency issue. Why should criminals be immune from the laws that the rest of us agree to adhere to?

I’ve personally been involved in a chase that began as a violation for no lights on a trailer in a neighboring county. It spanned multiple counties, chase being terminated and eventually picked up elsewhere by another agency until he finally stopped (I take credit for stopping him, because the driver was too damn cold driving on the tollway with his broken out window, courtesy of yours truly...he was stopping and letting officers approach, then taking off, repeatedly). Arresting officers pulled a clearly mentally unstable individual from the vehicle and found countless bomb making materials and a baffling amount of 20 gallon propane tanks located both in his vehicle and enclosed trailer).

Don’t make excuses for criminals. You can’t know the extent of their criminality until they’ve been caught. If they don’t flee, no one gets hurt. How can any other outcome possibly be the fault of the police?
No, but it’s concerning that Minnesota is now becoming Illinois (no offense). I need to leave this state. Our governor has openly pandered to certain hot topic groups lately via social media. How he was re-elected is beyond me when Minneapolis was literally burning on TV.

Come on, you know full well the speed limit on i70 is 85-100mph.

No, but it’s concerning that Minnesota is now becoming Illinois (no offense). I need to leave this state. Our governor has openly pandered to certain hot topic groups lately via social media. How he was re-elected is beyond me when Minneapolis was literally burning on TV.
No offense taken. Illinois is a contagious festering shithole. Thanks to our legislature/governor, obstructing will (soon) no longer be a criminal offense unless there is an additional misdemeanor criminal offense being charged. Feel like wandering through an active crime scene? Go for it, I can’t do anything. Don’t want to stop for me or provide your ID when I have reasonable suspicion you’ve just committed a felony, but still haven’t met the prob? Go for it, I can’t do anything. Want to refuse to roll your window down or get out of the car on a traffic stop? Go for it, I can’t do anything.

And that’s just one small part of the state’s excellent new law enforcement “reform” bill.

This state is going to get much worse, very soon.

Nope

Your a moron woke tard. There is just no getting thru to your mentally deficient mush brain. Must be smooth like a marble....

No offense taken. Illinois is a contagious festering shithole. Thanks to our legislature/governor, obstructing will (soon) no longer be a criminal offense unless there is an additional misdemeanor criminal offense being charged. Feel like wandering through an active crime scene? Go for it, I can’t do anything. Don’t want to stop for me or provide your ID when I have reasonable suspicion you’ve just committed a felony, but still haven’t met the prob? Go for it, I can’t do anything. Want to refuse to roll your window down or get out of the car on a traffic stop? Go for it, I can’t do anything.

And that’s just one small part of the state’s excellent new law enforcement “reform” bill.

This state is going to get much worse, very soon.
Basically nullified Penn V Mimms it sounds like.

Reactions: Anb618