• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hmmm.... M80 pull down brass from GRAFs

Since you have no knowledge of how the cases have been stored, I would be suspect on the potency of the primers. They would have to be neck sized with an expander ball (decapping pin removed, if you want to save the primer).

BB-

I am not that concerned about saving the primers at this point... Good LC brass is what I am interested in.

I was thinking of loading some blanks with Reddot and some grits to fire form the cases then run them through the complete case prep cycle.

I ordered 3 bags of the stuff and the cases are 50% '03, 25% '05, and a mix of '04 and '06. Everything has some tarnish on it which makes me want to just bust out the primers and get it done.

So, to fire form or just bail on the primers... thoughts?

FancyFreddy,

As M80 brass, they'll be primed with the standard Mil Spec M34 primers. These equate roughly to a Large Rifle Magnum, such as the WLR, Rem 9 1/2M, etc.. Load them accordingly and you should be good to go. As for storage issues, primers are actually sealed quite well, and a lot tougher to "kill" than most handloaders assume. I'd give a small number of them a whirl, and if they turn in a good showing, load the rest up, no worries.