• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hockey fans?

1stIDvet

Non-sniper
Minuteman
Nov 3, 2009
Illinois
Anyone here a hockey fan? I'm surprised to find no threads about the playoffs.. I'm a Hawks fan myself. Looking forward to another series, the Kings are tough and Quick is on his game now....what do you guys think?

Yea, too much time in the media room watching Tivo'd games. I enjoy sub .2'' groups and watching Deetroit City get beat by anyone. Justice was served with the overtime Seabrook goal after the debacle in front of the Wings bench and the disallowed goal. Gimme a break, the Hawk player was getting mauled and dragged down to the Red wings dressing room, but that's their style. Myself I'm a Pens fan as they might as well be a Northern version of the Stars with all the Dallas players on their roster.

PENS will get there 4th cup this year. I think the road to it will go through chicago though.

Wings fan myself, so disappointed this season. While I disagree with plh for his wing-hatin', I'll agree that that disallowed goal last night was sour. It was clear to me that the Wings just weren't at the level needed to win this year. Maybe next year.

I'll give the Wings this, they had that Ali ' Shock the World' thing going for a while and really ramped it up at the season's end. Also glad to get Jim Nill, I just wish the Red Wing sweaters weren't always outnumbering Dallas' at our home games as we're going to be seeing more of each other with the realignment

True, true. I'm looking forward to the realignment just for the fact that I'll probably get to see more games locally since I don't have a sports package.

I am a flyers fan and I would like to see the flyers west win it this year. I will be rooting (and have been) for any team that is playing against the crying little bi%#h boy crosby. So as long as the Pens don't win it's good with me

These last 4 all look good however, my hawks really need to score on the power play, is embarrassing.... And the kings are going to hit...hard... So I hope toews and Kanes frail body's can hold up. This series should be a good one.

Wings fan myself, so disappointed this season. While I disagree with plh for his wing-hatin', I'll agree that that disallowed goal last night was sour. It was clear to me that the Wings just weren't at the level needed to win this year. Maybe next year.

The Wings have had the best management and scouting of any NHL team over the last 20 years.

Phil1, I agree with you but stick by my statement. Do you believe that they were consistently better than the hawks through the 7 games?

Phil1, I agree with you but stick by my statement. Do you believe that they were consistently better than the hawks through the 7 games?

Went to seven & OT and that says it all. Someone's got to loose.

To hell with Chicago and the Penguins. It warmed my heart seeing Crys-by all bloodied at the mouth by the Bruins! Boston will crush the dainty little pens. As a die hard red wings fan, I want to the the Hawks and Boston in the cup, where Boston crushes the Hawks.

Huge Pens fan here. It has been a terrific year for hockey. Hawks look good in the West - hopefully, the Pens win tonight and head to Boston even. It always brings a smile to my face to hear those who can't stand the best player in the NHL, Sidney Crosby.

Blair I think your mistaken.. The best hockey player in the NHL is Andrew Shaw. Boston is a good team, shit all 4 teams are good, but I think the hawks have the unfair advantage with Shaw.

Blair I think your mistaken.. The best hockey player in the NHL is Andrew Shaw. Boston is a good team, shit all 4 teams are good, but I think the hawks have the unfair advantage with Shaw.

Shaw is having a monster year, for sure. With only a couple of years under his belt, IMO, it is a bit premature to consider him tops, but a worthy discussion nonetheless !

Ya I know I was just jaw jackin.. Pens not looking so hot, what do they need to change?

Ya I know I was just jaw jackin.. Pens not looking so hot, what do they need to change?

Wow, what a poor performance by the Pens. All the credit to Boston - total domination. Too many turnovers in the neutral zone, bad decision making on pinches, superb defense and the Pens' stars not showing up - oh, and goalie play. That about covers it, lol.

Well the hawks know all about stars not showing up.. Pens goalie needs to step it up or they can kiss the cup good bye. Well see tonight if the hawks can beat the Kings in there home.

The Pens need a miracle at this point. The Kings need to start getting some help from their top guys or they're going to go home pretty soon. I'd like to see the Kings beat the snot outta Boston but the planets need to align just right for that to happen.

Consistent goalkeeping would be a nice start. A power-play that gets results and/or somebody to cause some havoc in front of the crease-in the goalie's vision.

Some players that want to win the battles in the corners instead of skating around waiting for a set-up pass. Someone to lay some bone crunching hits on Chara.

Some one to finish checks, mix it up in the corners, take the hacks in front of the Boston goal and stand up to Chara who operates with impunity.

Yeah that would do it!

Last night was what playoff hockey is all about.

The Pens needed to send some in to run over Rask early in game 2 too hopefully throw him off. He's been shit hot this series.
They need to do something to get the Bostons defense out of their shotting lanes. Bostons playing awesome defensive and defense has been an issue for the Penguins since Bylsma started coaching the team.
Pens in 7, so the wife can't bitch at me for getting tanked on week nights.

Traveling in Norwalk ct, my hotel does not get the game tonight....WTF! Now I have to watch the convicts play in Miami.

Hardmix

This should be a really good series between Boston and Chicago....no real dog in this fight but I am pulling for the Hawks.

Hardmix

I'm a Wild fan myself but the Hawks would have to be second in line. I went to UND hockey camp and met some of the old players and have a few autographs. I'm just happy that they beat the Kings!

Check out my username & profile picture...it will be a better season with Patty behind the bench no question!:cool:

BTW, I think it's going to be a 6 or, 7 game Stanley Cup Final series...after watching both teams play - I have to give a slight edge to the Blackhawks for goal scoring. However, in terms of hit's, grittiness, and potential 5 minute majors for dropping the mitts - the edge definitely go's to the Bruins.

This series is going to be a good one. I'm a hawks fan, but if Boston wins I won't be all butt hurt, the team is good and the City went through a lot. This is good the sport after that BS lockout.

It was indeed an awesome game. Huge hockey fan here. Anyone know what it ended up finishing for in the ranks of the longest game?

Oh yeah! Boston didn't have a chance!! Can't wait for next season. Maybe the hawks will win 25 straight next season and take the cup...again. I know there's Hawks haters here, but you have to give it to them, they have heart and a drive to win.

First you have players in the "Beautiful Sport" i.e. soccer, dropping like they've been shot at the slightest touch in the hopes of a yellow card.

Then there's hockey.

BOSTON -- Bruins assistant captain Patrice Bergeron was released Wednesday from the hospital, where he had been since the end of Monday's Game 6 with a small puncture in his lung.

Bergeron is also suffering from a cracked rib, torn rib cartilage and a separated shoulder. It is unclear how and when the punctured lung occurred.

Bruins general manager Peter Chiarelli first said the puncture was the result of a nerve block procedure Bergeron had done to decrease pain from a cracked rib so he could play in Game 6. Later, Chiarelli and coach Claude Julien estimated that the lung puncture occurred after Game 6.

"I don't think he could have played if it happened during the game," Chiarelli said. "I just, I don't. I'm not a doctor, but I don't think he could have played if it happened. He was aware of the risk going into it.

Full Story:
Patrice Bergeron (punctured lung) released from hospital - ESPN Boston

Reminds me of Peter Forsberg when playing for the Av's played with a ruptured spleen during the Cup playoffs.
Tough

I've been a Bruins fan since the Bobby Orr days, but there was no shame in losing to these Blackhawks. Only one major penalty on each side in 6 games. A great series of traditional hockey with no goon play. I only wish the B's had held on for the win in the last 2 minutes of Game 6. A Game 7 would have been awesome regardless of the winner.

I've been a Bruins fan since the Bobby Orr days, but there was no shame in losing to these Blackhawks. Only one major penalty on each side in 6 games. A great series of traditional hockey with no goon play. I only wish the B's had held on for the win in the last 2 minutes of Game 6. A Game 7 would have been awesome regardless of the winner.

Playoff hockey is great entertainment.