• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Home coffee roasters

The coffee that got me going when I started roasting, I bought a crap ton of, and have never seen again. When I found it, I bought it, didn't matter who had it. It was Ethiopia Idido Misty Valley, haven't seen it in years.
@Belt fed
Not sure if this is the same Misty Valley, what little research I did indicates that it might be. At any rate, it is absolutely delicious. Never realized coffee could actually taste like blueberries.

D8D1AB8F-F631-459A-A267-BE43561DD2C7.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: Steel head
@Belt fed
Not sure if this is the same Misty Valley, what little research I did indicates that it might be. At any rate, it is absolutely delicious. Never realized coffee could actually taste like blueberries.

View attachment 7758669
And many more fruits, nuts and other yummy flavors

I’m sipping on a blend right now called blueberry muffin and it’s incredibly delicious 🤤

Reactions: triumph001
Fresh roasted christmas gifts! I ordered 17 lbs of green coffee three weeks ago, I am down to my last 4 pounds. Might have to upgrade some equipment if I keep this pace up. Coffee tour of the world the next couple days with our family and friends. Merry Christmas all!

E78BBC4D-5B83-49B4-BAEA-86DA71C58427.jpeg

Just wanted to thank you guys for this thread , finally got me to start roasting coffee, purchased the SR800 after some trial and error I am sitting here drinking the best americano. Ethiopia Honey Genji roasted just to 2nd crack run through the Breaville express.

Reactions: triumph001
Just wanted to thank you guys for this thread , finally got me to start roasting coffee, purchased the SR800 after some trial and error I am sitting here drinking the best americano. Ethiopia Honey Genji roasted just to 2nd crack run through the Breaville express.
How has the hobby progressed? I tend to roast less in the summer, when it hits 100 daily I just cant consume as much coffee as I can in fall, winter and spring.

I did a few half pound batches yesterday. A couple new and one old standby of mine from the Dominican Republic. @Steel head once raved about a Guatemalan Antigua from Volcanica coffee roasters. I found some green beans from that area and gave them a try. He wasnt wrong!

1DC1ADC7-7211-466D-B7E9-B84F188DA875.jpeg

thread resurrection:

I was looking into roasting but with my work schedule and number of days away from home, I decided to find a bean roaster in Medellin.
Found a shop a short uber/taxi from the hotel (or an hour walk). Picked up a sealed bag (on the right) to try out in my basic espresso machine I purchased in December. The bag on the left is from Managua Airport (I reluctantly contributed to the Commie Ortega's Economy)

1706113598753.png

1706113852153.png

got some bubbles with this grind. (San Sebastian)

1706113925607.png

Last edited:
How has the hobby progressed? I tend to roast less in the summer, when it hits 100 daily I just cant consume as much coffee as I can in fall, winter and spring.

I did a few half pound batches yesterday. A couple new and one old standby of mine from the Dominican Republic. @Steel head once raved about a Guatemalan Antigua from Volcanica coffee roasters. I found some green beans from that area and gave them a try. He wasnt wrong!

View attachment 7935639
I’ll second (third?) the Antigua!