• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hornady 4DOF pressure issue/bug??

alexunderfire

Private
Minuteman
Jun 23, 2011
Malta, Europe
I'm a bit confused. Press unit mbar, vallue 1010mbar. Hud displays/calculated it properly but table shows 1346.64mbar.
If that is yhe case tavle view is pretty useless šŸ˜•.

Some thoughts?
IMG_20201221_111740.jpg

Could be corrected pressure.

I just tried my app and changed pressure is changing come up.

Could be corrected pressure.

I just tried my app and changed pressure is changing come up.

With all the respect corrected to what? If my input is station pressure what it should be corrected? On the other side 1346mb is so high pressure that can not be taken in any kind of ad calculations...

On the 4DOF app, hit the 3 little horizontal bars on top left of screen and select ā€œHelp and Support.ā€ A phone number to call is listed.

Reactions: jp67
The last update fixed the pressure issue but turned my 4mph gun into a 7 mph gun without changing anything. Check your wind drift guys
Anybody else has the same issue?
Thanks

Is there any truth or consensus on this wind drift issue?

Trying to decide whether I should update or live with it the way itā€™s working for me now.

Reactions: LastShot300
Ok... last update on the topic.

I had so unpleasant email thread with Hornady that in nutshell do not care about roll out of application update that will fix obvious software bug. Moreover they do not want to talk about that any more. For all of you having issue with pressure and/or wind drift ..... feel free to live with it or jump to something that works (in the meantime I found some more bugs in calculator).... for me it is a game over.... and something interesting is on horizon.

Pitty, it was promising ..... and just promising.

Regards,
Former hornady customer

P.S.
Back end engine is not proprietary hornady "invention" and seems that they overplayed with it.

Curious! Buddy a few days ago opened his iOS version of the 4DOF app and got a solution for 195 meters displayed calling for 1.18 mil of elevation with 140 grain American Gunner 6.5 Creedmoor ammunition. I knew this calculation was not correct and that it should have been more like +0.4 mil.

We then checked all rifle inputs for correctness and all looked fine. He had used the same profile the week before with no issues and had not changed anything since prior weekā€™s use.

We then closed and reopened the app. Still showed +1.18 mil. We shut it down again two more times without success only to be surprised that after the next app shutdown/startup the unit suddenly started displaying +0.4 mils.

I have no reasonable explanation for this behavior but have heard it happening to others and simply dismissed it as likely user error. However, this time I directly experienced it and am confident there is some strangeness and bugginess going on under the covers.

Any others having issues similar to these described above?

Regards,
Former hornady customer

P.S.
Back end engine is not proprietary hornady "invention" and seems that they overplayed with it.
(y) (y)

I've said the same many times. On the other hand the app itself is worthless, only care about their data which is good but like LL pointed out not necessary with a good engine like the one coming in Genesis soon.

Reactions: alexunderfire