• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Rifle Scopes Horus H 37 better than NP-R1?

wcrenz

Private
Minuteman
May 3, 2010
Central Ohio
I have searched all the forums and the net on the subject of Horus. I like the idea of switching to MOA/MOA like the NF with NP-R1, but the idea of having a grid in the bottom of the scope seems like a great idea. I have been shooting MOA turrets with Mil dots for years and am ready to switch. In your experience what was the cats ass when you made your switch?

Can anyone tell me if its worth the $900.00 extra that Leupold is charging. They are not doing any conversions at the time. I called to price the comparison of new scope to conversion and even the rep was shocked they are charging a $900 upcharge for the reticle on a new scope. They would not give me a price on the conversion. I love the NF and the perfect scope for me would be a First focal NF in 5.5-22 with the Horus. NF said they will not offer high power first focals till January. I don' think that the NF 3.5-15 H-58 is strong enough for my application.

Does anyone know of a MOA retcile put togeather in the Horus style. NF said they sell far more MOA scopes than MIL. I asked them about developing this and they said they had no plans at this time.

I am going to sell the scopes I have and want to get the same of everything on my tactical rifles!

Re: Horus H 37 better than NP-R1?

If you are working with NF and MOA I would recommend their velocity reticle over the Horus... it is MOA and it is designed to work with your rifle based on your MV, especially if you plan on leaving it on one rifle. You can use the turrets to adjust with, and if you zero the mid range lines at distance, (500 yard holdover @ 500 yards) it is extremely accurate. Then there is no confusion, its adaptable and has holdovers, etc.

But I would stick with a complete NF system, rather than mixing.

Re: Horus H 37 better than NP-R1?

I did like that reticle. The only thing that concerned me was I had the dope on my .338 from a match in march I won and yesterday it was way off. The only thing I can figure is the temp of the cartridge. That might throw out a velocity reticle. Guess you never know till you try.

I no longer trust my pact chronograph.