• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

F T/R Competition How do i make my surgeon action single shot?

bwatson8541

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 6, 2009
Baytown Texas
Sorry if this is a stupid question but i have a surgeon 591 action set into a AI 2.0 stock. The primary use for this rifle at the moment is F-TR and i cant justify spending money on a magazine for it when i cant use it.

At a recent match a guy showed me a tray that fit into his Rem 700 that allowed the the bullet to rest in the action until chambered, but i do not know what this was called or where to purchase one. if it will work in a 700 I imagine it will work in my Surgeon.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Re: How do i make my surgeon action single shot?

looks like alot of these are made to fit onto magazines or be permanently fixed to the rifle.

Are there ones that just sit in there? because i would still like to be able to put a magazine in there if need be.

Maybe i just need to buy a mag, but will these followers that im finding fit over the AICS mags?

I think you are going to have to pick up a mag. I'm trying to pick on you but seriously, I gotta ask....You have a custom action, in an AICS stock and you don't own a mag for it? Really?

Really, Its fairly new (to me) bought it used of the hide. Its the first rifle in AICS that i have messed with and wasnt sure for a while which mag to get, then looking at the prices that kind of kept my wallet in my pocket for awhile. but now im all set up i got a scope, and just started reloading, and yesterday was the first time i shot with it in f-class and single loading was a bitch. i figured i would see if there was a cheaper solution than just buying a mag.

plus my target loads are over mag length. but a mag will be nice for hunting.

viper,

AFAIK, those single-load blocks I linked to *are* for AI mag systems. I'm pretty sure the MAK Tube gun repeaters use AI mags, anyways.

Monte

Thanks Monte,

I checked those out and I think that's what I'm looking for. Couldn't of found it without you. I'm going to give them a shout tomorrow and pick one up.

Also. AFAIK? I thInk I get it but what does the k stand for. Kid?

'As Far As I Know'

Just passin' it along. Someone here pointed them out to me a while back when I was looking for something similar. I ended up not going that route (i.e. not shooting that particular gun for F-class), but I happened to remember where it was
wink.gif

i really appreciate it. im always humbled by the wealth of knowledge and experience on this site.

and i was way off on the afaik, thought you meant, Another F!*&ing AI Kid. LOL