• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s HOW TO LOAD A BOAT ON A PICK UP !

mnjm

Private
Minuteman
Jun 10, 2005
Alexandria MN
HOW TO LOAD A BOAT ON A PICK UP !

1. Load up beer, 2-3 ice chests full
2. Relax, have beer.
3. Hook boat trailer up to truck
4. Drink lots of beer
5. Drive real fast
6 . Hit light pole (needs to be a solid one)
7. Boat will load it self onto truck.
8. Relax, have another beer.

boat1.jpg

boat2.jpg

boat3.jpg

boat4.jpg

boat5.jpg

Not my pics, but got a link from a buddy to another forum:http://www.tcstangs.com/forum/showthread.php?t=78988

Re: HOW TO LOAD A BOAT ON A PICK UP !

I have NOT... I mean NEVER done this to a boat! Anyone who says otherwise was too drunk to remember that day.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Victor N TN</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have NOT... I mean NEVER done this to a boat! Anyone who says otherwise was too drunk to remember that day.
</div></div>

I am wondering (seriously) since it looks as though the trailer tongue collapsed if that didn't cause the accident or if that was done on impact. I haven't seen many trailers buckle like that even with boats on them. My bet is that he was going 35-45. Hell he was probably on his cell or texting

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ahorn</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Victor,
That last sentence kind of leaves it wide open doesn't it???
LOL!! </div></div>

Hahaha... Caught with my hand in the cookie jar... again !

Hell, I'da tied that sucker down, unhooked the trailer and went on down the road. When you get to the ramp just put it in reverse and about the time you get to the water hit the brakes and she'll slide right off. Why waste a trip?

Now thats a bad day!!!

The worst part is can you imagine his wife bitching at him!!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TeppoKa</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I am wondering (seriously) since it looks as though the trailer tongue collapsed if that didn't cause the accident or if that was done on impact. I haven't seen many trailers buckle like that even with boats on them. My bet is that he was going 35-45. Hell he was probably on his cell or texting </div></div>

The boat did not appear to be strapped down in the stern area (Rear) with gunwale straps, when he hit the light pole head on (Dumbass) the boat (Piece of Shit Bayliner) sheared the tower on the trailer and ran over the piece of shit dodge truck, it does appear the coolers with the Beer survived, once they get the POS Bayliner out of the bed of the truck, they can have a few more beers.

Unfortunately the dumbass bayliner owner survived and will likely contribute to the gene pool.

The trailer also looked a bit on the small side for the POS boat.

Nice downriggers though!

Unless somebody removed them or they aren't in the pic, I don't see any stern tie-downs or broken straps.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: REELDOC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nice downriggers though!

Unless somebody removed them or they aren't in the pic, I don't see any stern tie-downs or broken straps. </div></div>

They weren't on the boat, because if they were and they were the proper size and properly attached, the POS wouldn't have come off of the trailer.

If there is no passenger the RH airbag will not go off. It looks like the truck held up good.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bgbill</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TeppoKa</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I am wondering (seriously) since it looks as though the trailer tongue collapsed if that didn't cause the accident or if that was done on impact. I haven't seen many trailers buckle like that even with boats on them. My bet is that he was going 35-45. Hell he was probably on his cell or texting </div></div>

The boat did not appear to be strapped down in the stern area (Rear) with gunwale straps, when he hit the light pole head on (Dumbass) the boat (Piece of Shit Bayliner) sheared the tower on the trailer and ran over the piece of shit dodge truck, it does appear the coolers with the Beer survived, once they get the POS Bayliner out of the bed of the truck, they can have a few more beers.

Unfortunately the dumbass bayliner owner survived and will likely contribute to the gene pool.

The trailer also looked a bit on the small side for the POS boat. </div></div>

Hey Sport! I own a"piece of shit Bayliner", does that make me a "dumbass"? There fine boats for people who can't afford a Silverton or a Hatteris, or what ever floating snob ride you have!

Just because its face first into a light pole doesnt mean drinking was involved, how you know an old lady didnt run a red light. The coolers could be full of fish or camping supplies from some sort of camping out trip with his family. And it doesnt appear to have rear tie down straps. But in all honesty a rear tie down strap can only hold so much. I mean 50mph and fiberglass. And the trailer could have a break away hitch.

Bayliner. In this area, the joke around marinas and boat dealerships is that they are total proof that sh!t floats!

Bob

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: alreadygone</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Bayliner. In this area, the joke around marinas and boat dealerships is that they are total proof that sh!t floats!

Bob </div></div>
Now thats funny!

Devastating - Looks like a photo for "BOAT/US" magazine.

Stern tie-downs only are insufficient when trailering/transporting a boat. Always have a bow tie-down in addition, and I don't mean "winch strap". A vertically loaded line/strap/chain may not have saved this boat, but might have. It will save it in the event of a winch/winch line/winch post failure. It also keeps the bow from bouncing when driving down the road. This was something I learned from a boat dealer I worked for in the 60's-early 70's. He insisted every boat that went out our door have a bow tie-down for the reasons listed above, because he had seen it happen.

Kevin