• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

How would your life change

I'd be happy as a pig in slop with my 700P and L Mk4 10x. The world was smaller then.

Reactions: 1J04
My shooting skills development would slow way down. And I would still think I was really awesome at it.

Remember when you didn't have to have a 6mm Snowflake custom rifle and 3000 dollar scope to have fun? Sigh.

Used to be I could have fun at the range with a bone stock Rem 700 and a 3-9 leupold. Not since the internet...

Lots we wouldn't know...but, ignorance is bliss.

I think I could be perfectly happy living in 1960's Mayberry.

Ignorance most assuredly is not bliss. It is almost always, sooner of later, painful. So is too much info. Kind of Catch 22.

I grew up in Mayberry, or a very similar place. I miss it but it would be tough going back.

My phone is work supplied so I would be happy to give it up. I would also be happy to give up all internet/on-line garbage related to my job. I would miss being able to do worthwhile things on-line, such as gun boards and research into new things.

My phone is work supplied so I would be happy to give it up. I would also be happy to give up all internet/on-line garbage related to my job. I would miss being able to do worthwhile things on-line, such as gun boards and research into new things.
We would still have the old BBS's and the screeeching modem song.

Ignorance most assuredly is not bliss. It is almost always, sooner of later, painful. So is too much info. Kind of Catch 22.

I grew up in Mayberry, or a very similar place. I miss it but it would be tough going back.
I'd go back in a second if it could happen. Life real back then, not like the plastic people you have to endure these days.

I'm living in a place smaller than Mayberry went back to Bklyn a few weeks ago OMFG never again ....I'm farm living now, no phones or Web would be fine ...... would need a Ham radio

I'd uh prolly never known of Mia Kahlifa............... :love: al-akhbar gluck gluck gluck

Reactions: Mwalex
I lived for a long time without the internet or cell phones, or personal computers for that matter.
If the world reverted back to those times, I'd do just fine.

I'm living in a place smaller than Mayberry went back to Bklyn a few weeks ago OMFG never again ....I'm farm living now, no phones or Web would be fine ...... would need a Ham radio
I also live in a place smaller than Mayberry, with real down to earth people, not the plastic type found in the bigger city's. Ham radio is a real part of my day, get all the local, national an international updates from real people, w/o an agenda.

I guess the biggest question would be Why?

Are you not using the internet much / not having cell phones much due to the tracking being done on you?
Was there a huge collapse in civilization to where those services can't be rebuilt quickly?
Are you trying to use alternative non corporate controlled communication methods?

I would probably have half as many guns as I have, one forth of the ammo, probably no reloading equipment or supplies, and I wouldn't have a $2000 rifle on order. In other words, I'd be rich!!!

But, like MinnesotaMulisha said, I'd get a lot more shit done.

Think farther back. "Sarah, get me the courthouse."

Any of you guys remember this old show?

RB operator.jpg

As far as party lines go, as a kid we knew all the local happenings without ever speaking to anyone.

Reactions: 1J04
Remember when Rush Limbaugh was radical and it was nearly impossible to find any alternatives to mainstream media? Or to look anything up?

I do think we should have an age limit on social media and bring back Sunday Blue laws.

I would miss the convenience of access to information. But I have intentionally kept my life simple. I left a good job I had in a bigger city to move back to rural WV where I grew up. I have no social media, etc. I work outside everyday and 95% of my time on a cell phone is spent accessing my company program for service calls I run every day for work. It would impact my wife and kids more than myself because I have never really indulged in technology other than for work and to build guns. My life's pretty boring already so it wouldn't be that much of an adjustment. I would have to farm to feed my family, I would have to barter or trade services for the rest. I would struggle the first year but would be able to manage. At least I have the ability to survive where I'm located now. It's a lot harder to do than it sounds.

Id still be looking for the bolt hiding in the puddle of oil underneith the front of the cam of my 22re, 14years later.