• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

I am calling for a Christmas Truce on the Savage-Remington Front lines...

Capt Beach

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 1, 2011
Virginia Beach Va
I am calling for a Christmas Truce on the Savage-Remington Front lines...just like the Allies and the Germans did along the fronts during the Christmas Holidays in both World Wars...when US troops could make out Germans singing Silent Night and the Germans could almost recognize "Oh come all ye faithful"

I love Savages...You on the other hand might love Remingtons or the Remmy clones...we can agree to disagree but this mud slinging (I've done my share) name calling, character assassination over a North vs South, Carolina BBQ vs Texas, Savage vs Remington, Communism vs Capitalism argument does nothing but tear us apart at our fabric...

I'd like to see a Christmas truce...for the next 3 weeks, until after the holidays can we agree to not digress over this issue? For Pete's sake...Its Christmas...

Then after the holidays lets take a look at how calm its been and agree to disagree, turn the anxiety off, back off the Savage or Remmy are POS rhetoric...sure there will always be a rivalry...there's nothing wrong with that...kind of like pulling for your favorite team but the depth and loathsomeness of some of this argument is astonishing...and sad...I will make this commitment to all of you...any ribbing you get from me (if any) over Remington vs Savage will be in that vein...light hearted and funny (hopefully) And should the carnage flare back up...hopefully someone will remember this truce...

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to all my SH buddies...

Capt Beach

Last edited:
Luckily tacticalrifles.net has distracted us all this Christmas time and brought us together to one common hatred thread that will continue to grow into the new year. Thank you tr.net for giving us something we can all agree on

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

And I am calling for those of us who will read this to remember what Christmas is about and where it came from... and that Christ died to save all those who believe in Him!
Our $8k rifles certainly won't be there when were dead and gone. So what will? Pick up your Bibles and read them instead of reloading a few more rounds. See what happens..
Merry Christmas ladies!

Last edited:
Captain Beach,

I agree, although I "don't have a dog in the fight". When a post degenerates to name calling it's time to lock it down or delete it,IMHO.

Wes

If there aren't accurate rifles in Heaven I don't want to go.

And i am calling for those of us who will read this to remember what Christmas is about and where it came from... and that Christ died to save us ALL.
Our $8k rifles certainly won't be there when were dead and gone. So what will?
Merry Christmas ladies!

Even if there aren't it sure would be better than "grinding and knashing of teeth" and eternal seperation from our maker!

Can truce on remington vs savage, but it would not be possible to even suggest Carolina barbeque is comparable to barbeque in THE STATE OF TEXAS.

Christmas Blessings,

BC

Agreed,both Remington and Savage make some good rifles and they both have there share of problems too. But its Christmas quit the whining,and crying about it. Let's take time to remember what Christmas is really all about.

Ps: I own both Savages and Remingtons and I don't complain about either.

Ford VS Chevy ... the truth will set you free!

Merry Christmas from ABEL Racing.

2jfvnm.jpg

I'm all for it as long as we agree Winchester Model 70 is the superior action.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

I'll take Remington and capitalism over Savage and communism any day. Hope everyone has a safe and merry Christmas.

I'll take Remington and capitalism over Savage and communism any day. Hope everyone has a safe and merry Christmas.

Always gotta be one, LOL. Merry Christmas to all. If you celebrate something else or nothing at all, the spirit that established Christmas will still be with you.

And I am calling for those of us who will read this to remember what Christmas is about and where it came from... and that Christ died to save all those who believe in Him!
Our $8k rifles certainly won't be there when were dead and gone. So what will? Pick up your Bibles and read them instead of reloading a few more rounds. See what happens..
Merry Christmas ladies!

Amen!

sent from Jennifer Lawrence's bedroom

I guess I need to be more blunt on gun forums: the picture is of a 2003 Ford Mustang with 2010 Chevy Camaro SS drivetrain; it's getting caged and turbocharged ... Ford tough with Chevy stuff ya know.

I'll be nice to the deviant pedophile necrophiliac communist Hillary loving Remmy owners for a few weeks.

:O

My dearest,

Long has the war against those scum-sucking Remmy shooters lasted. Each day has worn on me, hearing the bullets fired from their godless 700s whizzing by us. Of course they were whizzing by us because they couldn't hit what they were aiming at, but I digress. Anyway, today there was a call for truce so we might celebrate Christmas, or whatever dark holiday they enjoy over there where they shoot 2 Moa and call it good because the gun has a slightly smoother bolt throw, better aftermarket support (to fix the problems the factory gave them), and because it lacks our noble barrel nut, which those heathens consider ugly (and they call us Savages!). Anyway, it gives me hope that we may see an end to this war in my life time, and a future of crisp adjustable triggers from the factory and easy barrel swapping.

Keep me in your thoughts and see if you can find some Varget.

Tacos

I use both with excellent results for the different purposes so the guy in the mirror and I rarely argue bout this or any other non-sense topic. We better not!! lol.
Merry Christmas to you too!

Agreed on the truce. I would just as soon not waste any time discussing Savages anyway. And just a slight correction- TEXAS BARBQUE vs carolina bbq.

My take on BBQ is a cross country tour of St Louis Style Baby Back Ribs, Carolina Pulled Pork and TEXAS BRISKET with a side of their smoked SAUSAGE...

Moboost, i noticed, very nice. What size throttle body is that? What size/type of turbo and what kind of psi u thinking? Also, have u done anything to the bottom end? They're pretty stout as is, unless serious boost is applied. Who ever said distributor, u better get ur eyes checked.lol

I believe you meant Memphis style ribs, otherwise agreed.

My take on BBQ is a cross country tour of St Louis Style Baby Back Ribs, Carolina Pulled Pork and TEXAS BRISKET with a side of their smoked SAUSAGE...

So just a quick question then. Since Savages are butt ugly, and I love my Savage does that make me an ass guy? ha ha. I Agree with the original post. The thing for me I don't see much difference in either one of them since most of us don't keep the original stocks on these guns anyways. Most of us use other chassis, or stocks than the factory equipment so what does it matter since we customize it to our own wants and needs and it looks nothing like what we initially purchased? Anyways have a Merry Christmas.

Brisket from Franklin's BBQ, Austin TX
Ribs from Pappy's Smokehouse, St Louis MO
Pork from anywhere in North Carolina (but ya'll can keep that god awful vinegar-based sauce)
Cheesesteaks from Jim's Steaks in Philly
wash it all down with a Yuengling (or a Shiner, or an Abita Amber)
Dodge trucks
Chevy muscle cars
Rifles with barrel nuts
MERIKA

I heard that's a great beer, too bad you can't get it in the east coast. I'll have to settle for dogfish world wide stout.

Dogfish puts out some really good brews. I love thier world wide stout, which oddly enough I found out had the record for highest abv for a while when it was first released. Merry christmas to all, including ALL of those auto manufacturers from that bankrupt city found in Michigan.

I heard that's a great beer, too bad you can't get it in the east coast. I'll have to settle for dogfish world wide stout.
Dark as night and will knock your dick in the dirt real fast, drink it real slow. I could go to Amherst and get some, calling the brewery now.

In the spirit of peace, harmony & goodwill to all I bought one short threaded barrel tactical model of both. Of course SIG 3000s are the finest ever made, but that's a given.

Dogfish puts out some really good brews. I love thier world wide stout, which oddly enough I found out had the record for highest abv for a while when it was first released. Merry christmas to all, including ALL of those auto manufacturers from that bankrupt city found in Michigan.

It's a great beer, one of my favorites. Last year I found a local store and had a bunch of cases of 2010 so between myself, my mom, and a friend we bought 10 cases at $240 a pop. Needless to say I've got a little bit of world wide. I also just went up to the brewery and came back with 5 cases of old school barleywine, three for myself and two for friends. I'm planning a trip to get immort (came out last month) and more world wide. It's a lot cheaper up there.

I also live 5 minutes from one of the franchise "dogfish head alehouse" locations and 15 minutes from another.

Dark as night and will knock your dick in the dirt real fast, drink it real slow. I could go to Amherst and get some, calling the brewery now.

I read the beer advocate page, it definitely seems very good.

It's a great beer, one of my favorites. Last year I found a local store and had a bunch of cases of 2010 so between myself, my mom, and a friend we bought 10 cases at $240 a pop. Needless to say I've got a little bit of world wide. I also just went up to the brewery and came back with 5 cases of old school barleywine, three for myself and two for friends. I'm planning a trip to get immort (came out last month) and more world wide. It's a lot cheaper up there.

I also live 5 minutes from one of the franchise "dogfish head alehouse" locations and 15 minutes from another.

I read the beer advocate page, it definitely seems very good.

They say it has Ghost peppers in it, but I cant taste them, ghost peppers are very powerful. Different taste for sure, can get it at Brew's Brothers not 1.25 miles from me.

This thread went from a remingcrap vs savajunk truce, to Ford vs Chevy vs Jeep, to beer vs beer (beer connoisseurs crack me up. Lord knows there's only two kinds. Bud Light and Free!)
And lastly..... BBQ!
Gotta love the USA
Merry Christmas everyone!
By the way, my birthday falls on the 18th if anyone wants to send me se 22lr so the grandkid can shoot.......

Figured I'd try

Android versus Iphones. What's your take?

I got the Remington app for my iPhone 5.
IMG1126_zps81092172.jpg

As for the truce, I am not Christian and I do not celebrate Xmas or any other religious holidays. I can understand why savage guys would need a reprieve from sucking so much.

Last edited: