• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

I need a name for a rifle action company. Help me and win.

operator45

Sergeant
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Apr 4, 2005
San Antonio, TX
Guys we are getting ready to tool up to make Remington style short actions of the highest quality and i need a kick ass marketable name. So here is the deal you help me come up with a good name and the first production receiver is yours free with serial #000000 or what ever you'd like it to be. We will be focusing on a short action at first with rifle to come after we are making an action. Our business plan is to make them for other rifle builders to fill the void of a great company that has been only concentrating on complete rifle builds and no longer sells just there actions.

What we will do is take the best 15 names of my choosing and then the Snipershide can do a poll for for the top 3 names. If one name stands out above the others significantly that will be the winner. If it is a tight race I will pick the winner from the top three. I will have prizes for the top 15 names and very significant prizes for the final 3. The winner will get the first production receiver made along with an invite to come spend a day or two at our shop Shooting machine guns and having a good time at our expense.

The actions will not be made by American Reaper Arms but will be made by another company that i am starting. So no association with American Reaper Arms is preferred. As American Reaper Arms will become retail only.

One aspect I will be judging on is that the name can be related to the different models of rifles we will make at some point. I am very patriotic as well. I will also be doing a thread on must have features of nameless Action.

Thanks Scott

Last edited:
This is an awesome idea, Scott.

*Republic Ordnance Factory
*Delta Precision Arms
*Alpha Ordnance
*Confederate Ordnance Factory

Colonial
Revere
Continental
Custer
Confederate
Amerigo
Shipley

Cascabel
Cabrakan
Coyopa
Yaluk
Molimo

Since you stated you considered Shadow Precision Arms:
Erebos
Orfeo
Kamenwati
Semira
Maori

Last edited:
One aspect I will be judging on is that the name can be related to the different models of rifles we will make at some point.

For example Surgeon (action) Scalpel (rifle model)? Is that what you mean by the name being related to rifles you'll make?

How about the Outdoorsman Arms.

Rifle names could be
Tactical outdoorsman
Hunter outdoorsman
Extreme outdoorsman
Survivalist oudoorsman
Everyday outdoorsman

Last edited:
This is good guys keep them coming. Also don't PM me just post ideas here so you can be visible in the running. Thanks

I kinda like Hammer Arms.

Hit the nail on the head with the new Hammer rifle action.

The you cold have new like,
Claw Hammer
Sledge Hammer (future long action 338 Lapua or 338 Edge you know slEDGE)
Rip Hammer
Thor's hammer (hahaha)
Buck hammer
Varmint hammer.

Last edited:
Active Duty U.S.A.
Innovative Action
PFC Primary Force Company
U.S.A. Ultimate Specialized Actions

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Company name: "Spectre Gunworks" or "Bear Arms" (with a bear logo hehe, play on words...sort of patriotic too. pro 2A).
Firearm names: "Wraith" or "Kodiak"

Figured I'd throw in my tid-bit of creativity :D

found·er 2 (foundr)
n.
One who establishes something or formulates the basis for something: the founder of a university; the founders of a new nation.

Founders Action...
ie an action so good, it establishes THE standard or basis by which all others must be compared.
Obvious patriotic relevance.
You could name the rifles after some of the more patriotic founders of our great nation..
Founders Franklin, for example

"Arbiter Actions"

Arbiter is defined in two ways: 1.) person with power to decide a dispute : judge 2.) a person or agency whose judgment or opinion is considered authoritative and final.

So it will be simply the final authoritative action out there, the Arbiter Action.

Name of company - Shogun Actions, Shogun Works or Shogun Action Works

Names of actions:

The Samurai
The Katana
The Spear
The Sai
etc...

The logo can be something like this or any other Shogun mask

Since you mentioned you're very patriotic then maybe

Name of company

U.S Steel Action Works or United Steel Action Works or United Steel Actions (Notice the first letter of the first three words are U.S.A)

Name of actions:

Destroyer
Abrams
Apache
Tomahawk
Battle (I thought Battleship was too long)
Devil Dog
Ranger
Delta
Punisher (in memory of Chris Kyle)
Blackbird

aaannd the list goes on because were the baddest country on the planet

Attachments

• Shogun.jpg
    Shogun.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 27
  • USA.jpg
    USA.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 22
  • USA2.jpg
    USA2.jpg
    16.2 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:
"The Padlock Action" makes it sound sturdy as well as "locking up" tight.
Also you could build off of the lock/key theme....Different locks for different actions, and different keys for different rifles.

Last edited:
My suggestion is to name it "Badass Rifles". Then every time someone says it's a Badass rifle, you're getting free publicity.

The Lakota, a Nebraska original.

Lakota -

Spearhead
Arrowhead
Longbow...etc

Crazy Horse
Black hawk
Kicking Bear
Warrior Model
Sitting Bull
Spotted Tail
Hunter Model
Dogmen
Plainsmen

Lots of options with this one. Warrior Culture, kings of the plains Indians, American Originals.

Last edited:
Off the top of my head: Paragon Arms.

Models like: Epitome, Exemplar, Ideal.

Along the same lines: Benchmark Arms or Benchmark Precision Arms.

But I think the best names have a story behind them. Background of the company, owners' names, etc. would be helpful in coming up with something.

Last edited:
Bear Actions

Teddy bear = rimfire (or extra short centerfire)
Black bear = short action
Grizzly bear = long action
Brown bear = magnum action (or Polar bear)
Kodiak bear = 50 BMG action
Cave bear = ???

Right to bear (arms) = many opportunities for your marketing slogans and print ads

Panda bear = oops, can't use that one :) Doesn't matter, pandas aren't real bears anyway.

Edit, didn't see Quickdrawn's use of bear above me.

Last edited:
Bald Eagle Precision "No predator is as accurate as a Bald Eagle"

Actions:
Wingspan
Talon
Vision
Raptor

I need a name for a rifle action company. Help me and win.

Patriot Precision
Forged Precision

Last edited:
Precision Fire Arms

Down the road a suppressor ready rifle could be Suppressing Fire Rifle
And I'm sure down the road you could think of names from when you were in the military like the alpha or the bravo

Bear Actions

Teddy bear = rimfire (or extra short centerfire)
Black bear = short action
Grizzly bear = long action
Brown bear = magnum action (or Polar bear)
Kodiak bear = 50 BMG action
Cave bear = ???

Right to bear (arms) = many opportunities for your marketing slogans and print ads

Panda bear = oops, can't use that one :) Doesn't matter, pandas aren't real bears anyway.

Edit, didn't see Quickdrawn's use of bear above me.

Plus you could have a "Build-a-Bear" section on your website to design rifles. ;)

Sphincter Gunworks.....So accurate it'll make your butt pucker.

Just a little humor guys.

Last edited:
The Lakota, a Nebraska original.

Lakota -

Spearhead
Arrowhead
Longbow...etc

Crazy Horse
Black hawk
Kicking Bear
Warrior Model
Sitting Bull
Spotted Tail
Hunter Model
Dogmen
Plainsmen

Lots of options with this one. Warrior Culture, kings of the plains Indians, American Originals.

I like this one a lot. However it may be a good idea to give us a little of your personal background that means a lot to you to make it more meaningful to you.

or

Precision Ordinance Works......Perfection IN Gunsmithing (POW....PING) and then name the actions very simple #1, #2, #3 ect

Last edited:
Crucible Arms.

The Scout.
The Ranger.
The paratrooper.
The Pathfinder.
The Recon.
The Patriot.

I like the Lakota idea, quite a bit.

My spin would be the company name Lakota Rifle Works.

Hunter
Warrior
Tomahawk
Chief (magnum action?)

TDI......Tack Driver Industries

Last edited:
Rock Solid Arms
Action names or action size: Granite-for 308 case head, Boulder-for magnum size rounds, Agate-state stone of Nebraska-for 223 size rounds. Alternate for magnum actions could be Mammoth-the state fossil of Nebraska.
Grades: Flint, Quartz, Onyx, Obsidian.

Last edited:
Battle Axe Arms
Warrior Arms
Conquest Arms
Ancient Arms

The Hoplite
The Centurion
The Spartan
The Mongol
The Viking
The Crusader (probably have an issue with this one because of GAP's action)

Last edited:
Medieval Customs (forged by fire or under fire, gunsmith/blacksmith)

Medieval Actions

Some rifle packages/models

Mace

War Hammer

Long Sword

Pike (for collecting heads/hunting)

Battle Axe

Lance

----------------------

War Hammers:

A war hammer is a late medieval weapon of war intended for close combat action, the design of which resembles the hammer.

The war hammer consists of a handle and a head. The handle may be of different lengths, the longest being roughly equivalent to the halberd, and the shortest about the same as a mace. Long war hammers were pole weapons (polearms) meant for use against riders, whereas short ones were used in closer quarters and from horseback. Later war hammers often had a spike on one side of the head, thus making it a more versatile weapon.

War hammers were developed as a consequence of the ever more prevalent surface-hardened steel surfacing of wrought iron armours of the late medieval battlefields during the fourteenth and fifteenth centuries. The surface of the armour was now as hard as the edge of a blade, so a blade tended to ricochet. Swords, or the blade of a battleaxe, were likely only to give a glancing blow, losing much of the impact, especially on the high curvature of the helmet. The war hammer could deliver the full force to the target.

War hammers, especially when mounted on a pole, could damage without penetrating the armour. In particular, they transmitted the impact through even the thickest helmet and caused concussions. A blade or spike tended to be used against other parts of the body where the armour was thinner, and penetration was easier, than through the helmet. The spike end could be used for grappling the target's armour, reins, or shield, or could be turned in the direction of the blow to pierce even heavy armour. Against mounted opponents, the weapon could also be directed at the legs of the horse, toppling the armoured foe to the ground where he could be more easily attacked.

-----------

Long Sword

The longsword, with its longer grip and blade, appears to have become popular during the 14th century and remained in common use, as shown through period art and tale, from 1250 to 1550. The longsword was a powerful and versatile weapon. For close personal infantry combat, however, the longsword was prized for its versatility and killing capability.

MORE NAMES (will edit and add descriptions of some when I have time)

Bladed Hand Weapons

Swords
Arming Swords
Broad Swords
Falchions
Long Sword
Daggers & Knives
Anelaces
Stilettos
Poingnards
Rondels

Blunt Hand Weapons