• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

I need some good advise about my rifle

Walsh

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 5, 2009
Tuscaloosa, Alabama
Ok I have three different roads to take with this rifle. For the time being it is just a plain 700 SPS Varmit barreled action in need for aome clothes.

1. I buy an Eliseo RTS tubegun stock and add irons, sling - $1300

2. I buy a McMillian or Manners fiberglass stock, convert to ADL and add irons, sling - $1000

3. Buy a AICS or RTS tubegun and add a 1-4x scope (Vortex or the new S.S. if it gets released with a good reticle), barrel cut back to 16.5" with a flash hider, sling - $1500

The reason that I will possiblly convert to ADL with the McMillian or Manners is because you can hold the rifle better in some positions, no expensive magazines to loos or drop at inopportune times, and because of it's simplicitic function.

I will pretty do much everything with this rifle, and do not go to any competitions, except competing with nature itself when I deer hunt.

I will mostly hunt with this rifle, and keep in mind that I love iron sights.

Please help me out guys, this has been driving me crazy.

Re: I need some good advise about my rifle

I think you have already answer your own question on that one in terms of choice for the stock.

The last option is out by your reasoning. Also, the AICS stock can be heavy to hump around. Can't say much aout the Eliseo RTS tube gub stock, but you can't go wrong with either the McMillan or Manners.

What do you mean "the last option is out of your reasoning"?

Thanks,
P.B.Walsh

I meant to say the last is option is out based on your statement. The AICS will need a magazine. As you said, it is expensive, can be lost....

Yea, I think that for my situation, I am losing faith in the holy grail of the DBM.

Thanks guys and please keep up the excelent advise,
P.B.Walsh