• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Gunsmithing Ignore...I'm an idiot

hunterboy56

Private
Minuteman
Sep 30, 2011
Georgia
Does anyone have any experience with the ER Shaw Remington 700 barrels? I'm looking at having my factory sporter barrel swapped out with one but wanted feedback first. I know Shillen or the like would be better, but I don't have the funds currently.
If it makes a difference, the rifle is a Rem 700 in .30-06 and will shortly be in a B&C Medalist tactical stock.

Thanks in advance

Re: ER Shaw Rem 700 barrels

No prob.
smile.gif
Under the shout box on the right coulmn of your screen there us a Snipers Hige Engine Google Search function. Just type what ever you are looking for into that box and you will amazed...

Well sheeit! Chalk up another knucklehead, I've been using the "search" up above between the "active topics" and "FAQ" buttons and that's usually not worth a darn. Learn something everyday.

I've been reading this forum for almost a year now and just realized this beautiful search thingy. Still hasn't helped answer a lot of my questions so I guess I had to join to start threads eh?

I have a shaw on two rifles, wait a while save up a few mor $$$, go with a Brux, Kreiger, Bartlein, Rock or the like for a cut rifle or Hart for a button rifle, do not skimp on the barrel, chambering is the same price regardless of barrel. I understand Shaw makes a number of barrels for OEM, maybe you have one on there now and don't know it.

Just FYI you can do the same on Google just put snipershide in the information your putting in your search. I.E. "er shaw rem 700 snipershide". It is much easier with new search engine right there.

On the OP, I just added one to a savage rifle, but haven't got to shoot it to see how it compares to the factory 10fp barrel. We'll see but prolly not till next week!