• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Im about to buy a bell and carlson stock.

socalkid

Private
Minuteman
Nov 15, 2008
Southern California
Hello,

Im about to buy a Bell and Carlson Tactical Medalist stock for my Savage 10FP but Im not sure witch one it is. 2999 or 2997? My rifle is 4.25' from bolt to bolt.

Thanks,

Chris

Re: Im about to buy a bell and carlson stock.

Caliber? A 10FP is a 10FP no matter what cartridge its chambered for.

The critical difference is when the 10FP was made...

4.250 - You need the old style for the staggered feed magazine.

The new centerfeed action screws are spaced 4.410.

Problem I'm finding is that the supplies of old style B&C medalists are drying up fast...

You need 2999-97 for a short action non centerfeed action. Provided yours is not a centerfeed. I ordered mine from Shooters Discount a few months ago and that was the order number I used.

Jay, I know nothing about a savage, just thought a little more info might help. Had it been a 700 we would be done.

Mike

Shooters Discount is GTG, good service,price and fast delivery.
usually have what you need in stock. I got a 2999 for my Savage.
I had to open up the barrel channel alittle, but no problems

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bowtie4x4295</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Jay, I know nothing about a savage, just thought a little more info might help. Had it been a 700 we would be done.

Mike </div></div>

No offense meant Mike...as I re-read my post I can see how it could be taken...didn't mean it to come out that way...Sorry.

Just checked...Shooters Discount has nothing in stock except centerfeed B&Cs...

None taken Jay, just stating that I know less than nothing about Savages, was thinking in Remmy terms..my fault.

Mike