• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

I'm sorry I didn't appreciate you, .308 Win

Charlie Papa

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 4, 2005
Rural TN
You were always so easy-going, non-temperamental. Easy to work with, easy to find tooling, data, components for. Hell, you even used the cheapest Lapua brass!

But I wanted too much, was never satisfied. Always looking at the other cartridges, longing for a higher BC, more velocity...

I was an idiot. Can you ever forgive me?

Re: I'm sorry I didn't appreciate you, .308 Win

.308 and I have been together for 25 years, except for about a month back in the 90's when I ran off with a 300 win mag.

I was in with a bad crowd from Camp Perry back then and everybody was doing it.

There are sexier cartridges, but I'll never stray again.

The .308 is the Bootycall of the shooting industry.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: NTRP-CKA</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The .308 is the Bootycall of the shooting industry. </div></div>

Epic quote.

I'm battling this RIGHT NOW. 260 is really calling my name. I'm not bailing on 308, but wanna add a "moderate" 6.5......a 260

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: NTRP-CKA</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The .308 is the Bootycall of the shooting industry. </div></div>

Yeah, it has easy written all over it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pwc001</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: NTRP-CKA</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The .308 is the Bootycall of the shooting industry. </div></div>

Yeah, it has easy written all over it. </div></div>

The .308 may be easy, but the .223 is more of a whore, if you get one that shoots you <span style="font-weight: bold">BETTER</span> stick with it or risk catching something.

Ha Ha. I too am periodically seduced by the tramps that are the 'better' rounds. Once I work out the high acquisition and maintenance of these tarts and their minimal benefits, its off back home to that wonderful round 308 Win.

Been with .308's from 1964 on. It's never let me down, always ask very little in return and never seen/had a target it was afraid to throw lead at.

The 700 Remington in .308 Winchester, is the small block Chevy of the rifle world.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Charlie Papa</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You were always so easy-going, non-temperamental. Easy to work with, easy to find tooling, data, components for. Hell, you even used the cheapest Lapua brass!

But I wanted too much, was never satisfied. Always looking at the other cartridges, longing for a higher BC, more velocity...

I was an idiot. Can you ever forgive me? </div></div>

The .308 is a great cartridge, but it also never spawned any ugly children. The .243 Win, 260 Rem, 7mm-08 and the .308 make one of the more useful quartets. None of them are hard to load, finicky or ridiculously temperamental.

Come to think of it, for a hunter, the 338 Federal nor the .358 Win have any flies on their carcases yet.

Bob

You are well on your way, you were lost now you are found. Here is a variation on a program that may help others come to realize how good they really have it and embrace the bosom of our true love, the 308 (I like to call her 7.62x51)

1. We admitted we were powerless over other sexy cartridges—that our lives had become unmanageable keeping up with bullet designs, bullet and charge combinations, velocities, wildcat chamberings.
2. Came to believe that the 308 is greater than ourselves and it will restore us to sanity.
3. Made a decision to turn our will and our lives over to the sensible and ever present 308.
4. Made a searching and fearless inventory of our safes and past experiences to realize what has always been there for us.
5. Admitted to friends, to ourselves, and to the forums of the world the exact nature of our wrongs.
6. Were entirely ready to have the sensible shooting community remove all these defects of character.
7. Humbly asked our 308 to remove our shortcomings.
8. Made a list of all persons we had harmed by straying from the 308, and became willing to make amends to them all.
9. Made direct amends to such people wherever possible, except when to do so would cause a pissing match on the internet.
10. Continued to take personal inventory and when we were wrong promptly admitted it.
11. Sought through the powder in the air and meditation in a good prone position to improve our conscious contact with our 308 as we understand the power of and inner beauty of the 308, praying only for knowledge of how we can meld as one.
12. Having had a spiritual awakening as the result of these steps, we tried to carry this message to cartridge junkies, and to practice these principles in all our affairs.