• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Impact Precision Actions

Thanks. Been looking at the MPA; have never run a chassis before so it’ll be an adjustment.
Man usually it is a simple fix that a gunsmith could do by opening up the trigger area to allow for the hanger clearance. I’m not 100% on what the krg needs but I know someone that has put an Impact in one so I know that it can be done. A lot of times it is something that could be done with a dremel as well, as long as your not taking too much out.

Reactions: arm017
Man usually it is a simple fix that a gunsmith could do by opening up the trigger area to allow for the hanger clearance. I’m not 100% on what the krg needs but I know someone that has put an Impact in one so I know that it can be done. A lot of times it is something that could be done with a dremel as well, as long as your not taking too much out.

Yeah I didn’t measure, but looked to just need a few thou of clearance- dremel and a beer sort of situation.

I have been shooting an Impact Action for a year. I have found it to be smoother feeding and more refined than either of my Surgeon 591s. I also like that i can call Impact or PMAC precision and have a barrel cut without sending in my rifle. It saves me time and money. Nice work!

Bumping this thread back up.

I am saving for the next year or so to get a rifle, and the more I read about this action the more I like it. I have also talked to Tate via email about it.

I have owned a Stiller before, as well as a TL3. I don’t know how sold I am on a changeable/floating bolt head (I won’t be swapping calibers or whatnot) and basically want a do it all rifle in 6.5 creed.

How have these run in grimy and dirty conditions? What benefits would the action give over some of the other competitors on the market? I’m considering this, the Bighorn Origin/TL3, or something else (I have plenty of time to read and research before the time comes To buy).

I am saving for the next year or so to get a rifle, and the more I read about this action the more I like it. I have also talked to Tate via email about it.

I have owned a Stiller before, as well as a TL3. I don’t know how sold I am on a changeable/floating bolt head (I won’t be swapping calibers or whatnot) and basically want a do it all rifle in 6.5 creed.

How have these run in grimy and dirty conditions? What benefits would the action give over some of the other competitors on the market? I’m considering this, the Bighorn Origin/TL3, or something else (I have plenty of time to read and research before the time comes To buy).

All accounts point to the Impact running great in crappy conditions. I got the chance to play with one, the owner said he can run it dry, wet, dusty, muddy, and it rocks on. (The action looked like it'd been through a number of tough days too lol). It was smooth as heck and the bolt lift was oh so nice.
It takes a few cycles to wear inthe coating, but after that, perfection. Imo, better than the TL3 or Stiller, I have plenty experience with those.

Reactions: jkvinyard

I feel like this is where an Impact stands out from the rest. All of them are smooth clean and greased up. Shoot 100 rds at a match all day and compare them and an Impact action will set itself apart on how smooth the action still is.

For you guys that are interested, I still have a few of the original knobs for our actions. If you guys will PM me your address, I'll get them headed your way. Some of the knobs have loc tite in them but I'll chase them with a tap and clean them up before I send them, for the price I'd think you could deal with it! If you can't get in touch with me on here (I get on here about four times a year), get ahold of Vinny, he can get it done.
If there really is that much interest in the old knob, I'd be glad to add the option back. Maybe even a round one. Back in early 2015, we put 30 or so of these actions in the hands of some of the best shooters in the country, guys that use and abuse their rifles and put some serious rounds down their rifles. I don't have the exact numbers but I'd guess 26/30 of those guys preferred the updated knob, the "Pooh knob." It was easier at the time to just commit to the one knob, we were worrying more about the machining and the internal design features on the action that make it reliable and smooth in all operating conditions.
I do appreciate all of the feedback, it helps us out and we take it to heart. We want to be in this for the long haul, I don't mind and would be glad to add some options for the knob!

Tate

Last edited:
All PMs replied to. These are all going out today, thanks again. Please give Vinny some feedback on these. We plan on adding the old style knobs as an option as well as the round style in the near future.

Reactions: tnc
And as if you needed any more reason to make the switch to Impact, the above just goes to show that there are some A++ people running that place.

Awesome stuff guys!!

On the fence here between installing Impact BA on Foundation Stock or MPA Chassis.

I understand the differences and realize this is a point of personal preference... the classic stock vs chassis decision. I run both and honestly kinda want to try my Impact (when I finally get it) in both to see which she prefers; then drop one of my Remmies in the other. Or obviously sell it.

What I’m trying to get at here is whether anybody has had particularly positive or negative experience with Impact and either of these options?

On the fence here between installing Impact BA on Foundation Stock or MPA Chassis.

I understand the differences and realize this is a point of personal preference... the classic stock vs chassis decision. I run both and honestly kinda want to try my Impact (when I finally get it) in both to see which she prefers; then drop one of my Remmies in the other. Or obviously sell it.

What I’m trying to get at here is whether anybody has had particularly positive or negative experience with Impact and either of these options?

I have one in an MPA currently and have had no issues whatsoever. That being said, a lot of guys say that Foundation is the gold standard for good stocks/chassis to pair with the Impact. I’m not sure that it really makes any type of difference, or there is any merit to that idea, but I can tell you that they run excellent in the BAs.

If you’ve got the means to try both, do that and decide which suits you best.

I have one in an MPA currently and have had no issues whatsoever. That being said, a lot of guys say that Foundation is the gold standard for good stocks/chassis to pair with the Impact. I’m not sure that it really makes any type of difference, or there is any merit to that idea, but I can tell you that they run excellent in the BAs.

If you’ve got the means to try both, do that and decide which suits you best.

Did you have to use the low-profile trigger hanger screws to fit it in the MPA chassis? Did those screws come with the action?

Did you have to use the low-profile trigger hanger screws to fit it in the MPA chassis? Did those screws come with the action?

Nope, cleared with whatever screws came in it from Impact. I have heard of having to use the low pro ones to clear the milling in the chassis but all of the ones that I’ve seen in MPAs have dropped in without issue.

There is nothing “negative” about Impact. That’s the reason you buy an Impact!

Both great setups. It might be on principal alone, but I think foundation stock + impact action is like peas n carrots.
Or in Texas - chips and queso. I don't know what they eat in OK. I guess I might be old fashioned, but there is just something nice about supporting good companies/ people. Tate/ Wade/ John-Kyle of foundation are just good people and shooters to boot.

The past week of threads on SH should show the discerning customer how incredible the guys behind this action are. I mentioned in this thread and the classifieds how I was really wanting to swap out a bolt handle for one no longer made. Word gets back to Tate, and he goes out of his way to respond and listen to me and other customers on a fairly trivial item. That just goes deep in my book.

After being 'bent over' from a few of the bigger guys in the industry and seeing friends go through similar trials with other big name businesses/ shops, I won't be supporting that mess ever again. Companies like impact/ foundation/ bighorn where you aren't just another number to them will get my support.

Both great setups. It might be on principal alone, but I think foundation stock + impact action is like peas n carrots.
Or in Texas - chips and queso. I don't know what they eat in OK. I guess I might be old fashioned, but there is just something nice about supporting good companies/ people. Tate/ Wade/ John-Kyle of foundation are just good people and shooters to boot.

The past week of threads on SH should show the discerning customer how incredible the guys behind this action are. I mentioned in this thread and the classifieds how I was really wanting to swap out a bolt handle for one no longer made. Word gets back to Tate, and he goes out of his way to respond and listen to me and other customers on a fairly trivial item. That just goes deep in my book.

After being 'bent over' from a few of the bigger guys in the industry and seeing friends go through similar trials with other big name businesses/ shops, I won't be supporting that mess ever again. Companies like impact/ foundation/ bighorn where you aren't just another number to them will get my support.
I agree with this. If the good folks there are willing to address the small detail like a bolt handle preference, it stands to reason that big issues: design, QC, integrity in materials and production, etc are dealt with in spades. A manufacturer that listens, understands what’s important and delivers, then stands by their product and maintains customer satisfaction well past the sale, earns my business. Loyally.

I agree with this. If the good folks there are willing to address the small detail like a bolt handle preference, it stands to reason that big issues: design, QC, integrity in materials and production, etc are dealt with in spades. A manufacturer that listens, understands what’s important and delivers, then stands by their product and maintains customer satisfaction well past the sale, earns my business. Loyally.
Tate is a good guy and makes a good action.

Any eta on when Impact Precision will have regular standard actions back in stock? I know other places have em', but I like to buy direct when I can.

EDIT: Omg. And as my luck would have it, they just updated their site and have actions in-stock RIGHT AFTER I ask this question lol.

Btw i gave them a call just to ask some questions and got to speak to Tate! Absolutely outstanding customer service, had a twenty minute talk about how the action was designed (specifically the bolt stop design, trigger hanger, and double anti-bind rails) and answered all of my questions in-depth. Super friendly and patient guy.

Last edited:
The Firm builds a great rifle on impact actions
Just started browsing The Firm... they’re stocking all the components options I’m looking for, except the chambered barrel I was planning to purchase from PVA or Stuteville.

I’m going to talk to them about my build, see what they say about pricing.

Who else has experience with The Firm?

Just started browsing The Firm... they’re stocking all the components options I’m looking for, except the chambered barrel I was planning to purchase from PVA or Stuteville.

Andy Folk is first class to deal with

I've got an impact action from Andy at The Firm. I went Impact on his recommendation and couldn't be happier. Getting ready to grab a second one from him for another build.

As for Impact action and stock fit, he had to use some different screws and machine the trigger hanger a little to make it fit in my KRG Whiskey-3, but he got it squared away pretty quickly and I was on my way.

You won't be disappointed with Andy.
We've got two Impact's with Foundations.
As for barrels, he'll get you setup.
As for communication, he stays on it and is very easy to talk to.
Get your barrel from him or Stuteville.
I'd only get it from PVA if he says its already done. Wait times can be brutal.

Reactions: Acer76
You won't be disappointed with Andy.
We've got two Impact's with Foundations.
As for barrels, he'll get you setup.
As for communication, he stays on it and is very easy to talk to.
Get your barrel from him or Stuteville.
I'd only get it from PVA if he says its already done. Wait times can be brutal.
@Dlwheel , thanks for the info! How are the Foundation Stocks? And can you illuminate the difference between the Genesis and the Exodus? Which are you running?

@Dlwheel , thanks for the info! How are the Foundation Stocks? And can you illuminate the difference between the Genesis and the Exodus? Which are you running?

I’ve had my Foundations before the Exodus was released. I’ve not touched and Exodus, so take this as is. I don’t really think there’d be much difference. As far as the rail system, I use Paul’s Ingenuity rail which I highly recommend for the bi-pod/tri-pod setup. I don’t use the wedges much. I don’t know how you’d get a more solid, vibration free stock. They look nice; they feel nice. IMHO, an Impact Action in a Foundation Stock, is about as good as it gets.

As far as the Firm, Andy and his team are XC guys. Everyone of them are knowlegable and very helpful.

I had a genesis and now have an exodus. Biggest difference(if you get an Exodus with the butt hook) is the forearm is narrower on the Exodus and the grip to trigger distance is shorter on the Exodus.

What makes the Foundations pair so well with the Impacts? I’ve been looking hard at the Manners EH1, but the talk about the Foundations has me intrigued

What makes the Foundations pair so well with the Impacts? I’ve been looking hard at the Manners EH1, but the talk about the Foundations has me intrigued

If we are being honest - because the "cool kids" are doing it and the two companies do a good job promoting each other. It's a good PR campaign.

Both are great products, but there is nothing magical about the pairing.

I wouldn't get too hung up on having to pair the two. If the stock and action work for you, then great. If a different stock or chassis works better for you, then run that. Run what works best for YOU. Don't get too hung up on what certain circles are running.

The more I read about the impact actions and foundations stocks, then more I am convinced there will be one in my future.
I’m with you here but tend to think I’m just really caught up in the hype and drinking the koolaid! Yet I believe it IS a good match and DOES really perform and fit as advertised. While I’m springing for something I know I will be more satisfied if what I believe will work out actually proves to work out... it’s realky gratifying when that happens.

If we are being honest - because the "cool kids" are doing it and the two companies do a good job promoting each other. It's a good PR campaign.

Both are great products, but there is nothing magical about the pairing.

I wouldn't get too hung up on having to pair the two. If the stock and action work for you, then great. If a different stock or chassis works better for you, then run that. Run what works best for YOU. Don't get too hung up on what certain circles are running.
Of course not. I wanted a Manners but wait time was 6-8 months. So I went with Foundation. Glad I did. But I’m sure I would have been happy with Manners. I’ve had TL3’s in Foundation and MPA. All good.
The TL3 is great. I just think the Impact is better.

For those of you that shoot matches is the AICS mags vs AW mags a big drawback here? I would think the shorter 10rd mag is big advantage prone, and especially for prone reloads. I saw some pictures of an impact in a MPA chassis and was not sure how that would work.

For those of you that shoot matches is the AICS mags vs AW mags a big drawback here? I would think the shorter 10rd mag is big advantage prone, and especially for prone reloads. I saw some pictures of an impact in a MPA chassis and was not sure how that would work.

I havent noticed any real advantage to AW mags over regular AICS. People are even putting extensions on their AICS mags. Ive never been so low that my AICS was hitting the dirt and not allowing me to get a shot off. AW shortness might be convenient, but far from needed in a practical shooting sense imo. I like the fact theyre easier to store. Thats about it. I mostly run AICS. I dont like wondering whether or not my next action/chassis will be compatable with my AW mags. I always know my AICS mags will work with anything.

As for the Impact in an MPA chassis, others have reported it fitting fine. I see no reason why it wouldnt work, why do you ask? I really like the competition MPA chassis with the magwell cut. That pretty much eliminates any advantage the AW has over the AICS when reloading in prone because you just tilt the mag out from the side.

Reactions: kthomas
I really just meant about the length of length of the mag to the vertical grip. Not if it would actually fit in the chassis. I should have re-read my post, my wording is confusing.

Thanks for the input!

Reactions: ruger311
I’m running a 6bra and 6.5x47 Impacts in Foundation stocks. Both run Arc mags (with MK followers) flawlessly. Both also have 27 inch hv barrels and 419 brakes. It’s already been mentioned how smooth the Imacts are so I don’t need to expand on that. Joe at Exodus built both and these combinations flat out shoot.

I’m running a 6bra and 6.5x47 Impacts in Foundation stocks. Both run Arc mags (with MK followers) flawlessly. Both also have 27 inch hv barrels and 419 brakes. It’s already been mentioned how smooth the Imacts are so I don’t need to expand on that. Joe at Exodus built both and these combinations flat out shoot.
Share some pics with us! Ol Joe sure can build em!

Anyone know when Impact 737r 308’s available again? Emailed Impact but have not received response yet. If anyone knows where I can get one in the next month or so, I would greatly appreciate the info. Thank you.

Anyone know when Impact 737r 308’s available again? Emailed Impact but have not received response yet. If anyone knows where I can get one in the next month or so, I would greatly appreciate the info. Thank you.

I was told within a week. Im not sure how the guy above ordered one though.

Reactions: RAWHDE