• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Inflation.......... ?

You can’t really buy cheap “beginners “ vehicles anymore.

I work in the auto industry, rumblings indicate that despite the ever-rising prices, manufacturers are working to make vehicles only last 6 years. I really do miss my 74 Dodge pickup.
I traded an '04 Jeep Rubi on my '17 ZR2. Did the "Jeep Thang", since '98 (lifts/tires/etc.).
Never really had any major problems with any of my vehicles that I've kept for numerous years, but, I don't beat the crap out of them either (every day drivers), and I could wrench on them also, when needed. Hell, you don't even throw a grease gun on anything anymore. Let it wear out, buy a new part.
Not to say anything about "New Tech.", which can/is great, but, there's that.
But, yeah, I think about the days of my '78 Ford 3/4T, "Camper Special", sometimes.
Mac(y)

Reactions: Redheeler
Sept 28 (Reuters) - U.S. natural gas futures climbed more than 2% to a seven-year high on Tuesday as record global gas prices keep demand for U.S. liquefied natural gas (LNG) exports strong.

DF04B81F-2883-4BF6-84B7-22B276332DE9.png

When the government started paying people not to work, we knew this was coming:

‘Stagflation is here,’ following months of rising prices, BofA analysts say​

Posted by: Market Watch in Market News 16 mins ago

Markets are “finally getting concerned about stagflation,” they said, though have yet to act upon it after data points to U.S. inflation remaining at a 30-year high.

Women of low moral character are asking for gas money now. How rude.

This will filter down to the consumer in the middle of winter:

LONDON, Oct 4 (Reuters) - The world's top commodity trading houses are being told by brokers and exchanges to deposit hundreds of millions of dollars in extra funds to cover their exposure to soaring gas prices, seven sources with direct knowledge of the matter told Reuters.

• Sad
Reactions: NoDopes
a 250 ft roll of 10/3 went up 48 bucks overnight, then anouther 30 something th e following day.
theyre killing us
I'm a retired electrician, I would not want to tell a customer of those price increases.
Had to edit that I must have been drunk on the first try.

Last edited:
  • Sad

So, when is this transient inflation going to end?
Saying that it's transient/temporary doesn't put groceries on the table.
The container ships are parked offshore and waiting. The narrative is that there's not enough truck drivers to transport the products. So who's noticed the lack of trucks on the highway?

So, when is this transient inflation going to end?
Saying that it's transient/temporary doesn't put groceries on the table.
The container ships are parked offshore and waiting. The narrative is that there's not enough truck drivers to transport the products. So who's noticed the lack of trucks on the highway?
It's not lack of drivers...... It's lack of good pay for drivers. Suddenly everyone is talking about the importance of CDL drivers.... Well, relax some of the outrageous obstacles a CDL driver must deal with. There are so many rules, regulations and cameras that it is like having a cop riding in the right seat taking notes on everything a CDL driver does. Video cameras in trucks showing 360 degrees around the truck as well as a camera in the drivers face and electronics through out the cab and trailer, GPS, etc........... I'm old enough to have hauled cargo and got paid by the "Ton / Mile"..... You old guys will remember we could make some good money in those days...

Now people who never held a CDL are making the rules, enforcing the crazy rules and now are crying because there is a CDL driver shortage.....

We just let them keep digging the hole deeper. America is closer to a third world country than most realize.

Attachments

• Downward spiral 1.jpg
    Downward spiral 1.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 32
  • Donkey cart 2.jpg
    Donkey cart 2.jpg
    166.9 KB · Views: 36
Will there be a glut of products in the market to drive down the prices when they figure out how to move the cargo?
I seriously doubt that happening.
It's not lack of drivers...... It's lack of good pay for drivers. Suddenly everyone is talking about the importance of CDL drivers.... Well, relax some of the outrageous obstacles a CDL driver must deal with. There are so many rules, regulations and cameras that it is like having a cop riding in the right seat taking notes on everything a CDL driver does. Video cameras in trucks showing 360 degrees around the truck as well as a camera in the drivers face and electronics through out the cab and trailer, GPS, etc........... I'm old enough to have hauled cargo and got paid by the "Ton / Mile"..... You old guys will remember we could make some good money in those days...

Now people who never held a CDL are making the rules, enforcing the crazy rules and now are crying because there is a CDL driver shortage.....

We just let them keep digging the hole deeper. America is closer to a third world country than most realize.
What are they going to do with all the 2021 trucks and cars that are sitting waiting for chips? All these people buying new $95K trucks are going to be SOL if the market has a million vehicles dumped for pennies on the dollar. Or are the taxpayers going to be on the hook again for "To big to fail" bailouts?

Reactions: Hobo Hilton
People will have to get used to higher food prices, the boss of Kraft Heinz has told the BBC.

Miguel Patricio said the international food giant, which makes tomato sauce and baked beans, was putting up prices in several countries.
Unlike in previous years, he said, inflation was "across the board".
The rising cost of ingredients such as cereals and oils has pushed global food prices to a 10-year high, according to the UN World Food Organisation.
Kraft Heinz has increased prices on more than half its products in the US, its home market, and Mr Patricio admitted that is happening elsewhere too.
But big food producers like Kraft Heinz, Nestle and PepsiCo "will most likely have to pass that cost on to consumers" according to Kona Haque, head of research at the agricultural commodities firm ED&F Man.
"Whether it's corn, sugar, coffee, soybeans, palm oil, you name it, all of these basic food commodities have been rising," she said.
"Poor harvests in Brazil, which is one of the world's biggest agricultural exporters, drought in Russia, reduced planting in the US and stockpiling in China have combined with more expensive fertiliser, energy and shipping costs to push prices up."

$4 gas in the east coast is when people will start dumping their big trucks and SUV’s.

$4 gas in the east coast is when people will start dumping their big trucks and SUV’s.

Which is fully the goal, force everyone into "new" electric technology which also costs a fortune per vehicle (see any beginner grade <$2000 electric used cars around for your teenagers?), is totally reliant on a finite mined resource mainly under the control of hostile governments (lithium), still uses petroleum to manufacture, and does not appreciably lower the true carbon footprint per mile (especially once adoption reaches the point where generation capacity must be massively expanded and will require new gas fired power plants, since no one will support nuclear).

It's a scam, and always has been.

Which is fully the goal, force everyone into "new" electric technology which also costs a fortune per vehicle (see any beginner grade <$2000 electric used cars around for your teenagers?), is totally reliant on a finite mined resource mainly under the control of hostile governments (lithium), still uses petroleum to manufacture, and does not appreciably lower the true carbon footprint per mile (especially once adoption reaches the point where generation capacity must be massively expanded and will require new gas fired power plants, since no one will support nuclear).

It's a scam, and always has been.
I’m hoping to scoop up a nice large truck when those on a shoestring budget can’t afford $100 fill ups.

Triple whammy of high fuel costs, high food costs, and sky high rent will have some nice luxury goods on the market for cheap in the next couple of years, if not by mid next year.

Depending on how bad things get I don't know that a nice new truck will matter in the scheme of things. I guess if you never have any parts breakage it may work out. I think the people that are hoarders that have spare 351s and carb motors stocked up to go with 80s and early 90s bodies may be prepped for what is around the corner. Hard to keep things running with no modules or sensors available. Cannibalization will only go so far before you have to scale back complexity to a simpler time. Guys with salvage yards and classic car collections may be just fine. I'm thinking of the way the rest of the world tends to operate. No new cars, lots of beaters, lots of old cars with parts from multiple years and clever people keeping them running. The fabricators and industrious will move up the hierarchy chain and the pencil pushers or some of the lesser chiefs may be scrambling.

Reactions: BAMAboy18
Depending on how bad things get I don't know that a nice new truck will matter in the scheme of things. I guess if you never have any parts breakage it may work out. I think the people that are hoarders that have spare 351s and carb motors stocked up to go with 80s and early 90s bodies may be prepped for what is around the corner. Hard to keep things running with no modules or sensors available. Cannibalization will only go so far before you have to scale back complexity to a simpler time. Guys with salvage yards and classic car collections may be just fine. I'm thinking of the way the rest of the world tends to operate. No new cars, lots of beaters, lots of old cars with parts from multiple years and clever people keeping them running. The fabricators and industrious will move up the hierarchy chain and the pencil pushers or some of the lesser chiefs may be scrambling.
I need to build an apocalyptic rat-rod! I've been hanging on to a '72 Dodge motorhome with a 318 & dually rearend. And I have 3 Dodge vans, I want to transfer a van body to the MH frame. I need to get on the ball and pickup the parts to rebuild the powertrain & maybe the steering/brakes.

Winter heating bills are going to hurt people this year, but at least there are no more mean tweets.

Stagflation Is All Anyone in Markets Wants to Talk About Now​

Ever so slowly, the Federal Bank Presidents are changing their forecast.... The wording is very slick, like Teflon. Not only will prices remain high, the fear is that prices will continue to go up... I like the cute little term "Unanchored"... I relate it to an old sailing ship in a storm and the gail forces are blowing the ship upon the rocks. Seldom does an anchor in a storm reattach itself.

Oct 12 (Reuters) - U.S. inflation is above the Federal Reserve's 2% inflation target and policymakers need to watch carefully to ensure that pandemic-induced pressures do not cause long-term inflation expectations to become unanchored, Atlanta Fed Bank President Raphael Bostic said on Tuesday.

True... Oil (WTI) and Natural gas are up 95% for the year. There will be quite a ripple effect into next year.
I topped off my propane tanks at the the beginning of spring for $1.00/gal. Mid summer they came out with new winter contracts at $1.50/ gal cash, $1.65/gal 10% prepaid. I’d bet this fall/winter cash price will be even higher.

Reactions: Hobo Hilton
I own a Ben Franklin cast iron wood burning stove, bitch won't let me put it in.
I grew up poor, woke up lots of mornings seeing my breath. I am a hot blooded heater, I love the cold!
Living in S. Alabama I don't think I could live without AC...

Even Kitty Litter is going up in price....
Oil-Dri Company of America mentioned larger costs for resin, lumber and pure gasoline dented its fourth quarter outcomes.

Oil-Dri Corporation of America is a leading manufacturer and supplier of specialty sorbent products for the pet care, animal health and nutrition, fluids purification, agricultural ingredients, sports field, industrial and automotive markets. Oil-Dri is vertically integrated which enables the company to efficiently oversee every step of the process from research and development to supply chain to marketing and sales. With over 75 years of experience, the company continues to fulfill its mission to Create Value from Sorbent Minerals.

Straight up fucking clown world

• Haha
Ever so slowly, the Federal Bank Presidents are changing their forecast.... The wording is very slick, like Teflon. Not only will prices remain high, the fear is that prices will continue to go up... I like the cute little term "Unanchored"... I relate it to an old sailing ship in a storm and the gail forces are blowing the ship upon the rocks. Seldom does an anchor in a storm reattach itself.

Oct 12 (Reuters) - U.S. inflation is above the Federal Reserve's 2% inflation target and policymakers need to watch carefully to ensure that pandemic-induced pressures do not cause long-term inflation expectations to become unanchored, Atlanta Fed Bank President Raphael Bostic said on Tuesday.
It's only transient until it's not!!!
Bwaahaha!! Where's that fucking choid clown?

All the container shi
Ps
So, gov. says 5.4% inflation. I say real inflation is 15-25%.
Don't quote my statistics (82% are made up on the spot anyway)
But my grocery and gas costs are up 50%! It's bad when you notice the rise in cost for the cheap crap! I am frugal (paying more for the gallon because it's only twice the price of the quart), but to the point in life that I don't mind spending money on the quality stuff, but looks like I'm gonna have to start buying great value and sure fine. Ramon noodles and pork-n-beans.
Did I mention Bow season opens in the morning!

So, do you sell your stock because of the already started recession or do you buy because prices are going to continue to skyrocket?

Reactions: Texascbr
So, do you sell your stock because of the already started recession or do you buy because prices are going to continue to skyrocket?
I would think if you were afraid of skyrocketing inflation and the dollar becoming devalued you would move out of fiat to something not as likely to lose value. Guns, ammo, canned goods or other stock to weather a supply hiccup for a couple of months might be a good hedge.

Other option might be crypto, gold or silver. The metals markets are highly manipulated, so I don't know how good of a hedge that is. Consumables seem like an easy side-step and one my grandparents believed in storing for a rainy day.

You apply for as many credit cards, home equity loans and cash in your life insurance...... Gather all the credit you can get your hands on and buy into the stock market. If it goes bad, you can join 300 million other Americans at the retraining centers. If it goes good you can look back and say "That was one hell of a ride".... Yes, I am being sarcastic. Pass me some of those small rifle primers.

Hobo

I‘m fixing to find a way to put my Audi 3.0 TDI engine in a SUV or truck. Most likely a Land Cruiser. Or a Tacoma. That fuggin engine should last a long time.

Reactions: Texascbr
We will see times where an old tractor is more valuable than an old car. Look at the photos from third world countries showing a family riding in a tractor wagon with produce heading to the local market. A small tractor will till ground to provide small farmers and gardeners with workable soil... Those wise visionaries are restoring some old tractors, not to be show tractors but to be work tractors. They have basic electrical systems, some have hand cranks, basic carburetors and a simple hydraulic system. Parts can be found with a bit of digging. Photo shows one of the many tractor junk yards. A man doesn't really appreciate a small tractor until he has to turn garden soil with a shovel. JMHO

Attachments

• Cub Tractor 1.jpg
    Cub Tractor 1.jpg
    14.3 KB · Views: 33
  • Tractor junk yard.jpg
    Tractor junk yard.jpg
    391.4 KB · Views: 33
Reactions: devildog93
Probably right. I spent my younger years on my grandparents farm every summer. Not enough to be a great farmer, but good enough for a start. I would have paid closer attention if I knew there was going to be a test later. Hopefully I saved some useful information. We keep driving this off the cliff I figure I will need those skills more than the rest. Probably won't be doing too much electronics at that point.

We will see times where an old tractor is more valuable than an old car. Look at the photos from third world countries showing a family riding in a tractor wagon with produce heading to the local market. A small tractor will till ground to provide small farmers and gardeners with workable soil... Those wise visionaries are restoring some old tractors, not to be show tractors but to be work tractors. They have basic electrical systems, some have hand cranks, basic carburetors and a simple hydraulic system. Parts can be found with a bit of digging. Photo shows one of the many tractor junk yards. A man doesn't really appreciate a small tractor until he has to turn garden soil with a shovel. JMHO
Allis Chalmers 616 here and a '77 Troy bilt horse tiller!