• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Interesting Sniper video.

That guy owns Googan fishing baits. They are, as best as I can tell, a "lifestyle" brand of fishing baits (overpriced imho) which is mostly followed by kids. They have a "squad" of youtubers who make fishing videos online, most of which are obnoxious. This is all to appeal to a younger demographic, most of whom have probably never even fired a rifle in real life. So say what you will about how poorly this guys shoots, but he is getting rich doing this stupid crap, so credit where credit is due. Members of the hide are not his core demographic.

I‘m not sure I fit in any demographic, and I’m certainly not up on any lingo that doesn’t come from the ‘80s and ‘90s. I do have a friend who watches almost every hunting and fishing YouTube bullshit there is. He’s the one who told me what a “Googan” is. I do make fun of him for knowing this stupid shit.

Reactions: Crabcore
I read the MOA / MIL thing quite different than some of you. I saw it as he said it was a MOA scope and the guy calling seemed to keep wanting to talk MILs so I saw it as “just tell me in MILs and I’ll convert it myself” because he’d naturally be able to do that in his previous occupation. I don’t know anything about the guys he was shooting with, but he is a warrior, like many others, who have risked life and limb to protect us. I personally appreciate that.

Do you, by chance, fap to videos of "the reaper"?

I thought yee yee was a rapper thing / phrase. Those cats who mumble rap or whatever tf you call it.

Edit: I don’t get offended by millennial jokes...

Saw that yesterday and thought about posting it.

First off, both of them have put more bodies on the ground than my exact count of zero. They have spent more time in the shit than my exact time of zero. Hats of to both of them for their service. Don’t want to put that down in any way. Especially nick, he was a damn good accomplished sniper, and his books were shockingly good.

Now,

Watching Lunkers shoot typically makes me want to pull my hair out. This video was especially bad. The 300 yard zero from kneeling, talking in 3 different units of measurement, “take off half those cranks” was major cringe. Lunkers is currently trying to open up that range for instruction. Not sure if he plans on teaching or not but god I hope not. That video was painful to watch. In his past videos he never locks down the cant on his bipod so it’s always flopping around. Drives me nuts.
I agree, it's his inability to call shots correctly. He was the one using three different measurements. And, yeah, I think it was Irving that said to give it to him in mils and he'd convert.

Nicholas Irving after he left the Army went on to teach in a number of private companies, including his own. And, around the world. He is one helluva good shooter and teacher. The guy doing this video ...sucked.

Added: He was so bad, I would've thought Black Rifle Coffee would have asked him to take the shirt off... :rolleyes:

Do you, by chance, fap to videos of "the reaper"?

No, but I do give credit to people who actually do things and have a record of doing things. If you think they he can't shoot or doesn't know shit about shooting, then there's nothing more to discuss. That's clearly not my opinion of the guy. I think he's a stand up guy with a lot of skill who battled (and probably still does) a lot of demons from the things he saw and did in combat. Was he at this best in that video? Nope. Does that discredit everything he's done in the past? Nope. Your mileage may vary.

No, but I do give credit to people who actually do things and have a record of doing things. If you think they he can't shoot or doesn't know shit about shooting, then there's nothing more to discuss. That's clearly not my opinion of the guy. I think he's a stand up guy with a lot of skill who battled (and probably still does) a lot of demons from the things he saw and did in combat. Was he at this best in that video? Nope. Does that discredit everything he's done in the past? Nope. Your mileage may vary.
What’s happening around here 🧐

Hi,

Am I the only one that kept waiting for Optimus Prime to come in and kick their asses????

Nobody is really saying anything about Nicholas' knowledge base or his utilized knowledge base but let us be real here....that video was Horrendous and below a standard that any reasonably knowledgeable person holds him to.

That being said......"Viral" marketing is and has NEVER been about legitimate shit, it is always loud and dumbed down to "Uhh Uhh Uhh, look at what they did" level of intelligence.

Sincerely,
Theis

Hi,

Same thing everyone said about the "runway" pose photo shoot that Chris Costa did.....all while he walked his 50k to his bank......

Sincerely,
Theis
For sure. Take the money and run is a valid life strategy. Snipers’ Hide is not Irving’s demographic- nor Costa’s. Irving made more money making that video than any of us have by talking about it on the internet. He was a sniper. He was credited with 10s of kills (30 something? I don’t really know.). He was an accomplished instructor. There IS a lot of WAS in the above... And, none of that shows I this video. He looked lost. He was offered a bipod but kept monkey-fucking that pack. Zeroing at 300 off of at bore sight? Can’t hit it from prone so let’s go to the second most unstable position to try again? SMH. There was lots of cut and paste in that video. How many rounds before he got “WOOOOOOO! close enough to scare [the target]?”

I don’t know Nick Irving, and if it had not been for this video, he would have been ”that pretty laid back sniper dude that I saw on Demolition ranch a couple of times.” I am quite confident that Mr. Irving will sleep quietly tonight, blissfully not giving one fuck what I- or anyone else here- think about him. Costa probably sleeps equally well on a pillow stuffed with photo shoot cash. But reputation is fragile, and it is always teetering at the edge of a table. I had never heard of Chris Costa until I saw a video of that Japanese photo shoot. Now, as far as I am concerned, that photo shoot IS Chris Costa. I’m sure there are a lot of accomplished shooters that have never heard of Nick Irving, and this video could well be their first impression. For them, this video will be him. Some would say you’re only as good as you most recent finish.

And he is hanging around with yee yee hat guy.

Birds of a feather flock together...
lay down with dogs and wake up with fleas...
get down to wrestle with the pigs and get up muddy...
your only as good as the company you keep...

Nicholas wasn't the one that posted it. The other guy (coker) was.
Yep, I saw that. And, as I said, he should not have let it be posted. “Deadliest sniper or Fraud.“ Do you really think he didn’t know it was being posted?

Yep, I saw that. And, as I said, he should not have let it be posted. “Deadliest sniper or Fraud.“ Do you really think he didn’t know it was being posted?
It doesn't really fucking matter. You have a lot of balls throwing shade on Nicholas Irving, period! The video wasn't at all good, but you go around acting like you can kick his ass and his history. It appeared to me Irving was being expedient, handling the non-helpful host's calls, or lack of. You wanna critisize, but you've never done what he's done.

And sorry, that attitude is only as good as your last finish means you clearly don't understand the history of Nicholas Irving. Or, quite possibly give a fuck about anyone in the military who's done what they've done. You've never even come close to what he's done. No matter where he finishes today.

Reactions: Changed
And to think, all this time, I thought Yee Yee was code for cocaine or meth.

The old adage, "you are known by the company you keep", comes into mind. I've seen interviews with the shooter. Seems like a solid guy. But, when you put him in a situation where one guy is trying to be serious, and the other is acting like a fool for likes and subs (and possibly coked to the max) it makes them both look foolish. It's all typical of the utoob clickbait BS.

Last edited:
Well now, that’s 10 minutes of my life I’ll never get back but worth the entertainment, maybe. That was almost as painfully entertaining as any one of Nutnfancy’s videos that I couldn’t force myself through. Although, I’m undecided as to who is more Operator AF at this point.

Reactions: LongRangeJunky
99% sure everyone is getting click bait trolled.

That channel had a ton of followers and knows how to get clicks.

Post a little fuckery and get clicks for days. And everyone starts going through your page looking for more shit to make fun of. Views are views.

Good way to throw away whatever reputation you might have had. Character and role modeling behavior counts for a lot more than whatever few dollars YouTube might generate. There is a long life outside of the military, and at least for those taught in the Marine Corps, you don’t go glory seeking.

Reactions: WickedDaddy
Wait......

You thought I gave a single fuck about either of those two in the video?

I do not.

I just found your white-knighting unseemingly and somewhat creepy.

Last edited:
If they had done the proper zeroing procedure, the video would be boring just like any other shooting video, and it wouldn't go viral, nor get heatedly discussed as we are now. They jerked around in that video, threw enough sniper "jargon" in there, teased you with bad WTF misses and some hits, and now they have a youtube video that has almost 400k hits in 3 days, much of it being monetized, not to mention they are also simultaneously hawking/selling a newly released book.

Those guys are not stupid. That video did EXACTLY what they wanted it to do, and got them EXACTLY what they wanted, and probably more exposure than they had hoped for.

You can’t use “fraud” in video title and then put on a shooting clinic.

Not saying they know as much as a lot of civilian shooters. But they know more than that. Google the guy who owns the page. Not a dummy.

Reactions: frank320
like it or not those boys are American Hero's The reaper has taken more lives than all the people watching this post combined. and saved more i might add. War changes people and nothing wrong with a couple retired soldiers enjoying a day together. silly, for sure! No need to hate on them though! My opinion! Lee

Post a little fuckery and get clicks for days. And everyone starts going through your page looking for more shit to make fun of. Views are views.

Definitely could be this. Wouldn’t surprise me if they were laughing there ass off the entire time and trolling hard knowing their young mostly ignorant audience would eat that shit up.

Also highly likely they aren’t taking it seriously in any way. They did enough of that. Ever want to go shoot and just screw around? Nick even said that it was good just to shoot again. Maybe he wanted to shoot from unsupported positions just because he wanted to.

On the other side, if you are talking about opening up a long range training course and want to be taken seriously, that type of content doesn’t help. Or again maybe it does. The people signing up for his class would be mostly his audience, who had absolutely zero real rifle experience, I’m sure he can get them to get hits far out. Was it the current, “correct” way people like @lowlight are teaching? No. But it caters to his audience

Definitely could be this. Wouldn’t surprise me if they were laughing there ass off the entire time and trolling hard knowing their young mostly ignorant audience would eat that shit up.

Hi,

And the not so young, wanna be super serious shooters are still talking about it on their social medias and forums like this one, lololol

Sincerely,
Theis

• Haha
Reactions: Basher

Also highly likely they aren’t taking it seriously in any way. They did enough of that. Ever want to go shoot and just screw around? Nick even said that it was good just to shoot again. Maybe he wanted to shoot from unsupported positions just because he wanted to.

On the other side, if you are talking about opening up a long range training course and want to be taken seriously, that type of content doesn’t help. Or again maybe it does. The people signing up for his class would be mostly his audience, who had absolutely zero real rifle experience, I’m sure he can get them to get hits far out. Was it the current, “correct” way people like @lowlight are teaching? No. But it caters to his audience

Just look at the comments on YouTube and who’s eating it up.

Their target crowd ain’t the handful of serious marksmen around the country.

Wait......

You thought I gave a single fuck about either of those two in the video?

I do not.

I just found your white-knighting unseemingly and somewhat creepy.

What the F are you talking about? White-knighting? Dude, all I did was say he's a warrior and he served this country damn proud. How the F you read all that other BS into that comment is on you, not me.

Forgive me for thinking highly of a military sniper that killed a lot of bad guys. Shame on me. Lesson learned.

They really missed the mark if they were trying to use this as an opportunity to supplement sales of books (based on their past combat/training experiences) and/or promote future training classes, and/or showcase their pedigree, etc.

HOWEVER, if they were looking to target the "ouch my balls" crowd................NAILED IT!!!!!!

oMDY4SZ.gif

They really missed the mark if they were trying to use this as an opportunity to supplement sales of books (based on their past combat/training experiences) and/or promote future training classes, and/or showcase their pedigree, etc.

HOWEVER, if they were looking to target the "ouch my balls" crowd................NAILED IT!!!!!!

oMDY4SZ.gif

They were actually very successful. It’s #1 in its category on Amazon.

They obviously didn’t care about marketing to serious riflemen.

Reactions: Secant
I watched the whole video and it was bad, but I think what happened is that he was not prepared and was unfamiliar with his gear.

the military is really good at training people on their equipment, but not great at building deep understanding. Why the mil/Moa discussion, the “reaper” used a mk4 leupold
On top of a mk11/sr25 and that is how he was trained and how he trained his guys,

300yd zero is how he probably set up his rifle, minute of bad guy out to about 400 yds with minimal adjustments to be able to put rounds on target real quick

he obviously isn’t as good with his rifle right now as some of y’all are, but he isn’t shooting competitions or really training that often as precision rifle,

He’s been out of the military for 10 years and who knows when he was shooting last, I know I don’t want to get in a gunfight with him

Reactions: Not a Clue
Based on these estimates, LunkersTV makes at least 10k a month from youtube alone, then add in 3rd party advertisers and what not., it adds up quickly.

Dude makes a nice living shooting guns, having fun and living the life... bet some of you guys with salty comments are just jealous. :)

I didn't watch the video but I served with Irving in sniper section 3rd Ranger Battalion and went to ranger school and sniper school with him.

He was a tiny guy but a good shot back then just like all the other guys in the section were. We went to the range constantly as that was our job.

Last I heard, he's a millionaire so he made his goal. But at what cost? Most of the Ranger community talks shit about him because of his profiteering off the ranger image. But in the same breath many other rangers have as well with books, websites, and pod casts. He just made it big.

Rangers used to have a motto of quiet professionalism which most still hold to and the salty old rangers hold onto with a vengeance unfortunately some have cast that aside in the dreams of big $$$.

Most of us feel disappointed when someone from the community tries hard to profiter off the image in a public manor.

I have no feelings one way or another, I haven't seen or spoken to him since 2009-2010ish. I'm glad he's financially sound and alive though. So many of us have died in combat or at home that I'm glad to hear when someone is doing well.

Well said @WildBill3/75 . I will not knock his or the other dude's service, this is purely about the video that Irving did with Lunkers. Few things on this video and Lunkers...

1. This video is an embarrassment to all military trained snipers, let alone a sof sniper with Irving'sexperience.

2. Since Irving decided to write a book about his exploits as a sniper, he has a duty to represent his community well. This video brought shame to his community.

3. Irving is complicit in this video airing.

4. Lunkers isn't smart enough to do that shittily consistently as he does in his videos as some plot to make money. He is fucked up majorly and needs to get off drugs and the other meds that I'm sure the VA is giving him for his obvious issues. He needs help, because what he is doing and what they are prescribing him is an abortion.

Last edited:
I didn't watch the video but I served with Irving in sniper section 3rd Ranger Battalion and went to ranger school and sniper school with him.

He was a tiny guy but a good shot back then just like all the other guys in the section were. We went to the range constantly as that was our job.

Last I heard, he's a millionaire so he made his goal. But at what cost? Most of the Ranger community talks shit about him because of his profiteering off the ranger image. But in the same breath many other rangers have as well with books, websites, and pod casts. He just made it big.

Rangers used to have a motto of quiet professionalism which most still hold to and the salty old rangers hold onto with a vengeance unfortunately some have cast that aside in the dreams of big $$$.

Most of us feel disappointed when someone from the community tries hard to profiter off the image in a public manor.

I have no feelings one way or another, I haven't seen or spoken to him since 2009-2010ish. I'm glad he's financially sound and alive though. So many of us have died in combat or at home that I'm glad to hear when someone is doing well.

Thank you for your service WildBill. It's greatly appreciated.

Reactions: WildBill3/75
Well said @WildBill3/75 . I will not knock his or the other dude's service, this is purely about the video that Irving did with Lunkers. Few things on this video and Lunkers...

1. This video is an embarrassment to all military trained snipers, let alone a sof sniper with Irving'sexperience.

2. Since Irving decided to write a book about his exploits as a sniper, he has a duty to represent his community well. This video brought shame to his community.

3. Irving is complicit in this video airing.

4. Lunkers isn't smart enough to do that shittily consistently as he does in his videos as some plot to make money. He is fucked up majorly and needs to get off drugs and the other meds that I'm sure the VA is giving him for his obvious issues. He needs help, because what he is doing and what they are prescribing him is an abortion.
I agree. He’s def medicated. He needs to stick to fishing. I think the ASA said it best.

Took me a while to figure that out.