• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Interesting Sniper video.

That guy in the video is a great shooter. I have seen some of his other videos and he made it look easy. I was guessing Australian but if his name is Piet Ill call him South African. I hope all he ever has to shoot is gongs.

If he has an eyeball he has a pretty good level. If he has a plumb line or a structure he is reasonably confident is 90 degrees to gravity to confirm even better.

Im guessing he made his hits proving my point the level isnt necessary. A scope mounted level is excess but nice I guess. A rail mounted level is unnecessary - Ive come to that decision from someone that shoots guns from the last century and "Level, Level" is less important than other factors such as shooter to rifle interface nirvana.

Puting the expense of a level toward a wind calling class would be money better spent.

It was posted that a pro shooter could be a sniper but "they dont want to".

Thats the difference.

Even among the people that "want to" there is high attrition. The initial want, than the ability to maintain "the want" is the thing that has to be initially present.

Ive never been on a range where bullets come back and I never want to be despite taking jobs that make that a possibility.

Lots of really good shooters dont even want to experience "possibility". I think that is what they acknowledge in themselves when they say "I couldnt do what a cop or soldier does". They dont have "the want" nor even the desire for "possibility".

Could they if pushed, say drafted, - some definitely will - but its the Walter Walsh or Lafayette G. Pool with an existing "want" that are going to get as many home as they can and thrive in the terrible shit.

If I had to take Reaper dude or Jerry Miculek with me tomorrow to someplace shitty Id take been there done that rather than shoots cardboard with amazing speed and accuracy.

I wont just assume one can do the job of the other or vice versa and neither does the shooter in the video if he added comments to that regard.
You've never been on the 2 way range, that pretty much explains everything. 🤣 deploy more and type less.

There was a video on here a long while ago of Nick Irving shooting in a comp.

His reputation than was solid and even in recent comments regards this it seems people that knew of him appreciated his abilities.

This is the internet though and everything is suspect.

If he is not the story he presented from his time in service than that sucks.

If he was that than this video may be clickbait or perhaps a sign of someone needing help.

Greg Boyington was something else in the war theater but when he came home his experiences, the transition and thirst really contrasted with the "Hero" side of his personality.

You've never been on the 2 way range, that pretty much explains everything. 🤣 deploy more and type less.

My deployment time is long passed.

If you have done so were the studs in garrison always just as studly deployed?

In a perfect world people perform to the level of their training.

The people that make you stand in awe do shit they were never trained to do and exceed expectations.

It’s one thing to post some fuckery on YouTube for clicks, likes, and to pump up sales of your book. It’s quite another to sling accusations without corroborating data. I’m now more interested in what these snipers of shame have, outside of mud slinging. Not interested enough to go slumming on instagram or Twitter, however...

It’s one thing to post some fuckery on YouTube for clicks, likes, and to pump up sales of your book. It’s quite another to sling accusations without corroborating data. I’m now more interested in what these snipers of shame have, outside of mud slinging. Not interested enough to go slumming on instagram or Twitter, however...

Yep.

Thats a big accusation.

Id rather hear he sucks cocks than lied about his service.

Ryan_hey on insta challenged them to show up at a match, he would pay their fees, reaper bitched out a the cracked dude never responded.
5DC04473-3B94-4385-A680-88F644A105CD.jpeg

And we give fuck why?
You sound like a drama queen New Jersey woman.

And FYI he said Ok as long as they dance first.. sounds fair to me for shit talking.
If you don’t give a fuck why did you respond to me? I’am trying to point out it isn’t just clickbait these guys don’t know what they are doing. The reason why I’am concerned about it is because the guy with the channel is actually going to teach people and teach them a bunch of shit.

If you don’t give a fuck why did you respond to me? I’am trying to point out it isn’t just clickbait these guys don’t know what they are doing. The reason why I’am concerned about it is because the guy with the channel is actually going to teach people and teach them a bunch of shit.
No, he's not going to "teach" them. But, anything they will learn will be shit...

^^^^ Exactly. Be ready for a surge of morons who won’t listen to anything, because they took a class from a former army sniper.

I get what you're saying but have you seen the waves of crap on youtube these days or met some of these clowns? Some of it so bad I have to have a liquid lunch.

Reactions: 308pirate
It is not a good video but it is also just a couple guys fucking around and having a good time. Irving is a good shooter and just enjoying his fame for a while and capitalizing on it. This video did exactly what they wanted it to do. I can assure you his attitude and approach would be different in a combat or even competition scenario.

20 seconds of watching Lunkers and I agree....if he isn't coked up then he's either on meth or has a serious metabolism issue. He speech and cadence of same makes my eyes vibrate.

Personally, I couldn't stand to watch the guy.

Irving, I will give the benefit of the doubt and kind of think that this was Lunkers' badly planned shit show and that the result lies at his feet.

It's not their antics that bother me, it's that I think they're trying to be serious, and play it off as a joke. Also, I've read Irving's book, enjoyed it, and these videos really make me question the authenticity of it. I don't really care if Irving could finish top 50 in a PRS match; but, even being associated with that Lunkers guy really tarnished his image to me.
Call me disappointed more than anything. There's plenty of ways to keep the cash flowing in without making an idiot of yourself. Hell, you can be an idiot, but still be an educated idiot. They could have easily made a goofy ass, grab assing video that was of high entertainment value for the yee yee crowd, while still winking at their knowledgeable audience. Instead, it comes off as two doofuses who are/were poorly trained and now they're opening a shooting school.
If it was a joke, it wasn't funny. Best of luck to both of them in the future. If they really are as shooting dumb as the video makes them out to be, the cash cow will eventually dry up after the chatter stops.

Reactions: S308W
regarding this most recently posted video above: it's interesting to note how the shooter indexes his trigger finger prior to releasing the shot. The gentleman finds the top of the trigger, then transitions to the mid length section of the trigger to release the shot.

i'll have to watch some other shooters and compare.

regarding this most recently posted video above: it's interesting to note how the shooter indexes his trigger finger prior to releasing the shot. The gentleman finds the top of the trigger, then transitions to the mid length section of the trigger to release the shot.

Respectfully, those minute details come far behind the basic fundamentals of natural point of aim, relaxed head position, being straight behind the rifle with the eye centered in the optic, loading the bipod (which is more subtle than most people think), use of the hands to pull the rifle back, pressing the trigger without influencing the shot, and following through.

Time is better spent working on all of the above during dry fire over looking to see how others find a spot on the trigger.

Reactions: JakeM
I came across this article with Nick...
And consider Rifles Only matches among the best.

Like I said he dont need to prove himself to anyone except jesus.

Id like to start a poll

Did he make up his own nickname or was it given to him?

I know it's apples to oranges, but I'm in the industry. The best commercial fisherman I know would get wasted in a sport fishing competition, and vica versa.

I typed more but deleted it.

To those of you who are scoffing at the those who are raising concerns over Nicholas Irving's legitimacy, you should know, that I am here right now because I am former military myself and believe Nicholas could potentially be a fraud. He says sh*t about war that just doesn't happen or is false af, and the more I heard the more I had to look into him. For instance, he once said he used an enemy AK-47 in Afghanistan. That is next to f*cking impossible, especially for a sniper who's already engaging way too far away to ever pick up an enemy AK. I understand he has been a gunner and grenadier before too, but so have I. The Taliban engages at long distances. BDA's are needed to confirm kills because we almost never know if we hit them, save for troops with higher power scopes, but even they have doubts when they score kills. That's how far away we are from ever touching their guns, and then your unit will likely light you up for touching one anyway unless your life was on the line and you were out of ammo. Something about this dude isn't adding up. He's either a pathological liar, or a fraud (many pathological liars join the military trust me). He could be either, yes. But if he's a fraud, you'll never be able to prove it. I guarantee he has his sh*t covered if you ever look into it. Some of you may know what I am referring to (look at his callsign).

The bottom line, at the very least, is that Nicholas Irving is VERY suspect. And now you actually have a combat vet, who served in the same war he did, arriving here trying to find answers. You do the math.

Last edited:
  • Angry
Reactions: sandwarrior
To those of you who are scoffing at the those who are raising concerns over Nicholas Irving's legitimacy, you should know, that I am here right now because I am former military myself and believe Nicholas could potentially be a fraud. He says sh*t about war that just doesn't happen or is false af, and the more I heard the more I had to look into him. For instance, he once said he used an enemy AK-47 in Afghanistan. That is next to f*cking impossible, especially for a sniper who's already engaging way too far away to ever pick up an enemy AK. I understand he has been a gunner and grenadier before too, but so have I. The Taliban engages at long distances. BDA's are needed to confirm kills because we almost never know if we hit them, save for troops with higher power scopes, but even they have doubts when they score kills. Something about this dude isn't adding up. He's either a pathological liar, or a fraud (many pathological liars join the military trust me). He could be either, yes. But if he's a fraud, you'll never be able to prove it. I guarantee he has his sh*t covered if you ever look into it. Some of you may know what I am referring to (look at his callsign).

The bottom line, at the very least, is that Nicholas Irving is VERY suspect. And now you actually have a combat vet, who served in the same war he did, arriving here trying to find answers. You do the math.
Then fucking identify yourself here necro thread asshole and call him out for a face to face. Nobody fucking knows who you are Mr. Im actually a combat vet and a fucking mathmatician.

Chris Kyle was a genuinely good dude, a brave Seal, and a skilled sniper…but also sort of a pathological teller of tall tales… There is a rash of that shit going around.

Guy could not tell a sea story without heavy embellishment, and made shit up that just didn’t happen. I liked Chris Kyle. I fucking hate Ventura. I believe Ventura, and Kyle could not have been in New Orleans either, period. Sooo…. I would not be so quick to accuse anyone of stolen valor just because what they say doesn’t ring true to you. Real deals make shit up and embellish too, and sometimes fraudsters can do their homework. Shit, we all got taken not to long ago by a Ukrainian arms dealer who turned out to be a Louisiana landscaper. Real life is complicated. Just sayin’…

Then fucking identify yourself here necro thread asshole and call him out for a face to face. Nobody fucking knows who you are Mr. Im actually a combat vet

Chris Kyle was a genuinely good dude, a brave Seal, and a skilled sniper…but also sort of a pathological teller of tall tales… There is a rash of that shit going around.

Guy could not tell a sea story without heavy embellishment, and made shit up that just didn’t happen. I liked Chris Kyle. I fucking hate Ventura. I believe Ventura, and Kyle could not have been in New Orleans either, period. Sooo…. I would not be so quick to accuse anyone of stolen valor just because what they say doesn’t ring true to you. Real deals make shit up and embellish too, and sometimes fraudsters can do their homework. Shit, we all got taken not to long ago by a Ukrainian arms dealer who turned out to be a Louisiana landscaper. Real life is complicated. Just sayin’…
I appreciate the way you responded like a calm adult, unlike most people lol. When I made this post I had read a good deal of this thread, but then I did some more reading and one guy claims to know a thing or two about Reaper 33's service, so I can admit maybe I was looking too hard for shenanigans and perhaps that is part of the reason I found them. However, Chris Kyle (on top of his tall tales) also admitted to loving to kill, and that it was fun. His obsession with it is a blemish for me on what would otherwise be a very impressive career. It may be OK for now, with OEF and OIF, but one day we will regret championing pathological killing in our military ranks. I know because I was the exact same way at one time, and I've seen nothing short of the devil come out of me in the healing process that God finally provided me. There's a reason lifetakers have such twisted, demonic dreams, and I'll leave it at that. I'm sure every Sniper's Hide atheist in the world is already going to jump down my throat for this too so, lol. But thanks again. It's such a pleasure to speak with calm people on this page.

Last edited:
  • Angry
I appreciate the way you responded like a calm adult, unlike most people lol. When I made this post I had read a good deal of this thread, but then I did some more reading and one guy claims to know a thing or two about Reaper 33's service, so I can admit maybe I was looking hard for shenanigans and perhaps that is part of the reason I found them. However, Chris Kyle (on top of his tall tales) also admitted to loving to kill, and that it was fun. His obsession with it is a blemish for me on what would otherwise be a very impressive career. It may be OK for now, with OEF and OIF, but one day we will regret championing pathological killing in our military ranks. I know because I was the exact same way at one time, and I've seen nothing short of the devil come out of me in the healing process that God finally provided me. There's a reason lifetakers have such twisted, demonic dreams, and I'll leave it at that. I'm sure every Sniper's Hide atheist in the world is already going to jump down my throat for this too so, lol. But thanks again. It's such a pleasure to speak with calm people on this page.
I can just say with your late lame response to this thread, if anyone is fake, it's you. What the reaper did was pretty well documented. You come on here like 'armchair johnny' and proceed to tell us how it really is. IMO, you're nothing but a plant on here. A pathological revisionist historian. You need to leave.

Reactions: SirDrinksAlot
I can just say with your late lame response to this thread, if anyone is fake, it's you. What the reaper did was pretty well documented. You come on here like 'armchair johnny' and proceed to tell us how it really is. IMO, you're nothing but a plant on here. A pathological revisionist historian. You need to leave.
Trust me I tried. Apparently they don't cancel your account for anything whatsoever. You can go ahead and think what you want, it fazes me zero. I see that some of his service is "well documented" now, sure, but the reason I'm on this thread at all was because I have caught him lying about crap and I wanted to look into it. I on the other hand will not lie about my service, nor give any accounts of any events that a real soldier, unlike yourself, would ever call bullshit on.

Mils.. .no moa.. give it to me in mils... err moa, 3 mils good I got it.

Sounded like moe, larry and curly!

Wow, is it a full moon? Between the guys begging for a USSS visit, the shoot them in the face guys and now this...

What in the wide wide world of retard is going on around here?

Someone unleash the Karens? Are the folks over at ARF-com banning folks and sending them here?

Dang... the window licking is epic.

Sirhr

Dunno, mate. Looks to me that he's just keeping his trigger finger out of the trigger guard and up against the bottom of the stock until he's ready to shoot.

I must admit, once he's ready he goes for the trigger shoe and breaks the shot immediately. No grass growing under that guy when he's shooting.

I read just a bit about Nicholas and personally I still think its a shame that he let himself get hooked up with Lunker, for no matter how long, who seems to suck the intelligence out of anybody in a 100 mile radius.