• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Interesting Sniper video.

Haters are going to watch more than fans. Every click generates dollars on YouTube, whether you like the vid or not. Playing the haters to get paid. He’s a tool bag, it he’s not totally stupid.

1E44159F-7321-468F-B2D4-2467E75002B7.png

Reactions: Krob95
Haters are going to watch more than fans. Every click generates dollars on YouTube, whether you like the vid or not. Playing the haters to get paid. He’s a tool bag, it he’s not totally stupid.
I think you are overestimating how much money he gets per viewer as well as the number of haters vs fanbois. 3158 comments on that video and like 50 of them are from haters.

I think you are overestimating how much money he gets per viewer as well as the number of haters vs fanbois. 3158 comments on that video and like 50 of them are from haters.

His channel is making at least $10k/month.

Years and YEARS ago I read an article about Howard Stern. It said that, on average, the stern fan listenened to his show for some amount of time (an hour?)- the actual time is irrelevant. The stated reason that they listened was that “they never knew what he was going to say next.” The same article said the average Stern hater listened for something like 3x longer. The stated reason? “They never knew what he was going to say next.”

My point is that Terkla is creating vids that he wants to go viral. They’re intended to provoke, starting with the title and the thumbnail.

Lunker fanboi- “OMG, you gotta see what Lunker just posted on YouTube!!!”

Lunker hater-“OMG, you gotta see what Lunker just posted on YouTube!!!”

The result is the same- viewers. Stern didn’t care who was listening, or why. Neither does Terkla.

Viral marketing isn’t about a single view. It’s about getting people talking about it-pos or neg- and getting it reposted as many times as possible.

I didn’t watch the second posted video. Terkla is a clown. And, I didn’t post any comments.

His channel is making at least $10k/month.
I am not doubting that he is making a ton of $, my point was that the people talking shit on his 2 sniper videos are negligible. I personally am getting a ton of joy watching these shit show videos. If he makes a dollar from me watching them, that is fine.

I am not doubting that he is making a ton of $, my point was that the people talking shit on his 2 sniper videos are negligible. I personally am getting a ton of joy watching these shit show videos. If he makes a dollar from me watching them, that is fine.

When you have several people sharing his video that have thousands of followers themselves, it’s not negligible. They are responsible for several thousand or more views on the individual video, as well as people digging into his channel looking for more shit shows to look at.

Look at tiger king. For some reason people love watching train wrecks.

Okay, I'm not exactly sure what I was watching in the OP video. The shooter eventually wants his calls in mils rather than MOA. Who is the shooter again?

When you have several people sharing his video that have thousands of followers themselves, it’s not negligible. They are responsible for several thousand or more views on the individual video, as well as people digging into his channel looking for more shit shows to look at.

Look at tiger king. For some reason people love watching train wrecks.
If I was a Mil sniper I'd be pissed at this guy. Hell I'm not and I'm still disgusted. Straight up greed on display.
Anyone not gun savvy or anti gun that watches his crap (based only on OP video) will be reaffirmed in their stereo type of stupid redneck druggy gun idiots.
I see absolutely nothing positive aside from $$ in his bank that will result.

Tiger King type shows don't float my boat (never watched an episode), but it doesn't bother me either. OP video is different, guns are under a microscope & if this is what pops up on youtube when a non gun person goes to find out what all the hubbub is about; it's a horrible optic. I know my first thought after it took 15 rounds to walk on a 300yrd target was (if this guy was an actual sniper with XX number of kills over seas "how many of those where who he was aiming at?"). I dont know his history, for all I know he's an excellent shot and this was, as you suggest a tounge and cheeck click bait stunt. I'd think most viewers also wont know his history and may have similar thoughts, again horrible optic.

Compare to Warrior Poet. He has a great sense of humer, usefull content, and actually represents the mill & 2A cummunity well.

Happy to say I've never clicked on any of that douchebag's videos

If I was a Mil sniper I'd be pissed at this guy. Hell I'm not and I'm still disgusted. Straight up greed on display.
Anyone not gun savvy or anti gun that watches his crap (based only on OP video) will be reaffirmed in their stereo type of stupid redneck druggy gun idiots.
I see absolutely nothing positive aside from $$ in his bank that will result.

Tiger King type shows don't float my boat (never watched an episode), but it doesn't bother me either. OP video is different, guns are under a microscope & if this is what pops up on youtube when a non gun person goes to find out what all the hubbub is about; it's a horrible optic. I know my first thought after it took 15 rounds to walk on a 300yrd target was (if this guy was an actual sniper with XX number of kills over seas "how many of those where who he was aiming at?"). I dont know his history, for all I know he's an excellent shot and this was, as you suggest a tounge and cheeck click bait stunt. I'd think most viewers also wont know his history and may have similar thoughts, again horrible optic.

Compare to Warrior Poet. He has a great sense of humer, usefull content, and actually represents the mill & 2A cummunity well.

50% feel the way you do. 50% say he’s bettering himself financially.

Neither side is right or wrong. Just different sides of the coin.

And someone who has no idea about guns won’t even know what they just watched. You have to be in the know to know what’s going on and be offended.

I transcribed his MOA MIL rant as best I could (Holy shit wtf):
1:17
"Lister here motherfucker, let me explain something to you, when you have two gentlemen, that know what the fuck the're doing, they are probably going to do something a certain way. I am gonna say minutes, we will say 300 yards out there, no we will say 500, no we will say 3, if I say 2 minutes high at 3, what the fuck is that? 6 inches, correct? Ok, and if I tell him that he understands minutes and he understands mils, he asked for a correction in mils to me, and he comes back and says 1 and a half mils high, guess what I am going to say, yes cuz guess what 1 and a half fucking mils is, it's what like 5 and a half inches or so, what is that, hes looking through his scope real quick, 5 and a half mils <pshbshsbh sound with lips>, done, what is that, what's 5 and a half and 6 inches, not much, at 300 yards you are probably fuckin hit the target, guess what he fuckin did?"

Edit: Also he keep talking about his holds in MILS but that reticle looks an awful lot like the Impact-29 MOA Reticle from Leupold.
We do not deserve you, hero. How many times did it take you to listen to that clusterfuck of a rant? And how are you still alive?

Needless to say, I couldn’t make it through any of those videos. I’m the furthest thing from god greatest gift to shooting, but at least I sound somewhat educated sometimes when I’m talking about shooting. And the edited out swearing? Is he pandering to children or something who can’t handle hearing swears? Just a bit... odd.

But like it’s been mentioned. He’s making a killing off those videos, right or wrong, gotta give him credit.

• Haha
Reactions: sierracharlie338
Meanwhile he’s laughing at all of us working schlubs. All the way to the bank...

Enriching =/= bettering

You can make a living as a clown, and people mostly love them. But, no one takes them seriously.

We do not deserve you, hero. How many times did it take you to listen to that clusterfuck of a rant? And how are you still alive?
Took about 5 or 6 repeats of that section to get the rant down. You would think someone who is trying to prove a point would would take 2 seconds to google MRAD to MOA and type in 2 MOA. I do love me some drama though, adds some excitement to these boring work from home times we find our selves in.

Dude spends the whole video talking about adjustments in MILs and holding off, because for some reason he treats hold offs like it is hard. But then I notice the signature gold ring on the scope and in the "through the scope" images I saw 4/8/12 which is a hallmark of "this is probably a MOA scope" so I just googled Leupold reticles and found the Impact-29 MOA Reticle, which seems like an exact match to what he is using.

Reactions: Krob95
I won't be buying that book he's touting. After a few minutes I quit the video.

Why buy it..You can read all 15 pages before you finish your coffee at Barns and Nobles.

Shit talking aside about his book I heard Irving's pretty GTG dude.

Wanna look like a fool on the range real easy?. shoot other peoples rifles with questionable zeros and have a dipshit for a spotter.

Last edited:
His site is dormant but he does link to SH, which means he probably is a member here.

I watched the entire video and as someone who's been around the world for the past twenty something years id say its pretty obvious Irving was trying to save face and the guy hosting the video is a piece of shit. Props to Irving for keeping his cool and he sure dont need to prove himself to anyone.

Reactions: n2stcks
I was the sent this video by a good friend of mine who was an SS in the USMC. Obviously, his response was inundated with the same responses most of us have had, ergo, "what the fuck was that?" I watched a follow up video with this Lunker guy (I believe his name is Rob, but I could be wrong). Anyhow, he takes a Christensen Arms hunting rifle, topped with some Leupold, maybe a VX-5/6, and I believe it is chambered in 300WM and goes after targets at 300 and 500.

This dude just starts sending lead downrange with reckless abandon. The fucking target was at 300 yards, and it took him a number of shots to connect on it. You all know what 300 yards is for a 300WM. Most folks shooting irons at 300 with an AR in 5.56.

If you guys want further cringefest, watch this shit...350 Walmart Rifle vs 5000 Sniper Rifle

I ended up yelling at the damn screen because these fucking guys did an absolute disservice to that Ruger American. The Lunker guy called it a "2 to 3 minute" rifle because he couldn't hit diddily fuck all with a motherfucking crate of ammo. That pissed me off because my wife got me that exact same rifle as a Christmas present, and for 400.00, it is a rather capable rifle. Furthermore, he ends up not even shooting the "$5,000.00 Sniper Rifle," so that sucked.

I noticed that he likes to state how he has "no dope" on any of these LR rifles he's shooting in these videos. If I am a Youtube personality with that many subscribers, I might take the time out of my day to actually chrono the fucking ammo I am going to shoot and verify it. I am also going to put a bipod on the fore-end.

I definitely don't want to take away from the fellow's service record, but I also gotta' call em' how I see em'. If you can't shoot, you can't shoot. It's not a huge deal, but with that many subscribers and wanting to give instruction, one could reasonably conclude that you'd be best served by knowing your content inside and out.

No you don't. There's people out there paying for meth habits by selling videos of themselves finger-popping their buttholes. There is a limit. I don't care if they are making a buck doing it.
Asking for a friend, but is there good money in finger-popping videos?

Reactions: S308W
No you don't. There's people out there paying for meth habits by selling videos of themselves finger-popping their buttholes. There is a limit. I don't care if they are making a buck doing it.

This post is fucking useless without links.

• Haha
Reactions: M8541Reaper
Another video, this time a pro comp shooter discussing what he thought of the video. His reaction (around 5.45) to them mixing up mils and moa is especially telling.

He loses points with his bubble level comment.

Pro shooters can shoot but can they snipe?

Did you all catch this part by the spotter in between corrections..

"When I was in WWII we could locate the dago snipers by the heavy cologne they wore...that and the gold necklaces with a massive cross shining in the sun kinda gave them away."

• Haha
Reactions: M8541Reaper
Who are the snipers of shame? Why are they driving people to watch this video? More clicks equal more YouTube revenue. Do they have an actual beef, or are they some sort of viral marketing click troll?

Part 1

Whats his bubble level leveling?

There is only one right answer....well really I guess the right answer is "To each his own" and whether or not they can accept individual inner happiness or if they feel their way is "the only way" and want to beat dead horses.

Part 2

Shooting is only the last step in a bunch of other things a Sniper has to be good at in order to get to that point. Someone can be trained to shoot, even some other Sniper guy stuff can be trained but the most important thing is already in the person and that either exists or it doesnt - it can not be trained. Perhaps enough stress innoculation can create it to some level but thats hard to do - its easier to just let those that have it self select than prove it.

Lots of really, really good shooters can often be heard telling a cop or soldier "I couldnt do what you do".

They realize they dont have that something which isnt trained, learned or the result of muscle memory.

Doesnt make them special or god like/worthy of adulation just a facet they have that makes them succeed same as a really good shooter has natural hand eye coordination that makes their training that much better and has them standout amongst a group of otherwise equals.

Last edited:
Part 1

There is only one right answer....well really I guess the right answer is "To each his own" and whether or not they can accept individual inner happiness or if they feel their way is "the only way" and want to beat dead horses.

Part 2

Shooting is only the last step in a bunch of other things a Sniper has to be good at in order to get to that point. Someone can be trained to shoot, even some other Sniper guy stuff can be trained but the most important thing is already in the person and that either exists or it doesnt - it can not be trained. Perhaps enough stress innoculation can create it to some level but thats hard to do - its easier to just let those that have it self select than prove it.

Lots of really, really good shooters can often be heard telling a cop or soldier "I couldnt do what you do".

They realize they dont have that something which isnt trained, learned or the result of muscle memory.

Doesnt make them special or god like/worthy of adulation just a facet they have that makes them succeed same as a really good shooter has natural hand eye coordination that makes their training that much better and has them standout amongst a group of otherwise equals.
They say they couldn't do what soldiers do because they don't want to do it. They would rather be free and do the things that they want. Instead of standing in a formation and not being able to wear gloves because 1 guy forgot his.

I couldnt do what strippers do but that doesn't mean they have some innate thing that makes them exist or not exist.

I for one, know that titles mean nothing and whether you can perform at that moment is what really matters. One guy took 2 shots, the other had 2 set of eyrballs and 15 shots. You choose who you'd rather have on your team.

They say they couldn't do what soldiers do because they don't want to do it. They would rather be free and do the things that they want. Instead of standing in a formation and not being able to wear gloves because 1 guy forgot his.

I couldnt do what strippers do but that doesn't mean they have some innate thing that makes them exist or not exist.

I for one, know that titles mean nothing and whether you can perform at that moment is what really matters. One guy took 2 shots, the other had 2 set of eyrballs and 15 shots. You choose who you'd rather have on your team.

Lets just disagree.

Reactions: scharfschutze762
Who are the snipers of shame? Why are they driving people to watch this video? More clicks equal more YouTube revenue. Do they have an actual beef, or are they some sort of viral marketing click troll?
this video isnt monetized id assume ( I honestly didnt watch it as 10 seconds of Lunkers and im done).

Part 1

He didn't say, you must have a bubble level in order to keep your rifle level. He said "One thing to note, I didn't have a bubble level. So I am not sure if my scope is 100% level, we sort of eyeballed it but that is kind of how we do a lot of things on this channel." All this means is that he is not confident with keeping his rifle level without a bubble level. Also note, I saw a video with Phillip Velayo (sniper and accomplished competitive shooter) using a bubble level in competition:

Part 2

Here is what Piet said in the comments: "In this video I take up the challange to zero my rifle at 355yards shooting from my elbows. The point Im trying to make is that it shouldnt take an exessive amount of rounds to be able to accomplish this. In no way shape or form do I pretend to have the complete skill set to be a sniper. Having said that, the video in question. There was no recon, rucking in 20miles, or any of the other skillsets one needs to perform at that level. Its for that reason that I focused on the shooting aspect alone. I have the utmost respect to every single person that has or does serve their county. I wish we had that opportunity in my country."

I don't think any of the civilians criticizing The Reaper or LunkersTV thinks they would be a better sniper then they would. And we all know being a sniper is more than just shooting but that doesn't make that video of them trying to zero a scope at 300 yards any less of a shit show.

Reactions: sleeplz
Part 1

Part 2

Ok, that's what I thought you meant (part 1). As @_Raining mentioned, he was referring to leveling the scope on installation. Not about needing a level to make a shot. We all know they are not absolutely necessary. In certain terrain they are a good supplement.

Part 2 - Piet is a solid shooter, his opinion/video has a valid point. And, regardless of his ability to take "the shot" in a military setting, he is leagues better in terms of his technical ability. That is not to disparage either of these gentlemen or their "kills" or their "skills".

Put them in Piet's arena, and he would smoke them. Put Piet in their arena, and he would probably be smoked. I get that point.

The video of Nick shooting would have been a lot different if someone who knew how to spot and call misses would have been there. And, especially if that person had four less cups of coffee (or whatever) as the actual dude spotting.

Reactions: pmclaine and S308W
Without denigrating his service, let's find a few of them and show them this video...

I'e got a rough bore site, and I'm going to go ahead and get it dialed in from there at 300. All from the kneeling position.

I tried to understand that too, and watched some of his other videos. He says in one of them that the majority of his confirmed kills were from kneeling.... so maybe that had something to do with it? Showing off perhaps, comfort zone? IDK man... just trying to make sense of it.

But I was also under the impression that military snipers are trained to use their 300 dope when they have extended ranges and make adjustments from there, is that wrong?

I tried to understand that too, and watched some of his other videos. He says in one of them that the majority of his confirmed kills were from kneeling.... so maybe that had something to do with it? Showing off perhaps, comfort zone? IDK man... just trying to make sense of it.

But I was also under the impression that military snipers are trained to use their 300 dope when they have extended ranges and make adjustments from there, is that wrong?
The kneeling comment could probably be due to the rooftops with short walls or in farmland trenches. So think kneeling supported on a wall or to clear an irrigation trench. The 300/500 is a method commonly used, or at least was in 2006. Stuff constantly evolves so who knows what’s the better/smarter way now. So if we were moving to a site, we’d have our 300 dope dialed and once in a hide, we’d either keep it on 300 or set it to 500 or 100 (all of this obviously depends on the areas we were moving through and the system you were carrying. Nothing more than just holdover/under. But if there’s a target at 750 (say you’re observing dudes digging, you have yet to be compromised, and not in a shit storm of fuck) you’d dial what you had for that range, rather than play the holdover game. I couldn’t think of a reason to not dial if the situation was “low” risk/justified in doing so. If you mean extended ranges because you couldn’t dial, the M8541’s had enough travel to dial within the abilities of M118LR in pretty much most environments found in the sun tan capital of the flat earth.
...or maybe I watched too much of that video and I’ve killed my remaining brain cells. 🤷🏻‍♀️

He didn't say, you must have a bubble level in order to keep your rifle level. He said "One thing to note, I didn't have a bubble level. So I am not sure if my scope is 100% level, we sort of eyeballed it but that is kind of how we do a lot of things on this channel." All this means is that he is not confident with keeping his rifle level without a bubble level. Also note, I saw a video with Phillip Velayo (sniper and accomplished competitive shooter) using a bubble level in competition:

Here is what Piet said in the comments: "In this video I take up the challange to zero my rifle at 355yards shooting from my elbows. The point Im trying to make is that it shouldnt take an exessive amount of rounds to be able to accomplish this. In no way shape or form do I pretend to have the complete skill set to be a sniper. Having said that, the video in question. There was no recon, rucking in 20miles, or any of the other skillsets one needs to perform at that level. Its for that reason that I focused on the shooting aspect alone. I have the utmost respect to every single person that has or does serve their county. I wish we had that opportunity in my country."

I don't think any of the civilians criticizing The Reaper or LunkersTV thinks they would be a better sniper then they would. And we all know being a sniper is more than just shooting but that doesn't make that video of them trying to zero a scope at 300 yards any less of a shit show.

That guy in the video is a great shooter. I have seen some of his other videos and he made it look easy. I was guessing Australian but if his name is Piet Ill call him South African. I hope all he ever has to shoot is gongs.

If he has an eyeball he has a pretty good level. If he has a plumb line or a structure he is reasonably confident is 90 degrees to gravity to confirm even better.

Im guessing he made his hits proving my point the level isnt necessary. A scope mounted level is excess but nice I guess. A rail mounted level is unnecessary - Ive come to that decision from someone that shoots guns from the last century and "Level, Level" is less important than other factors such as shooter to rifle interface nirvana.

Puting the expense of a level toward a wind calling class would be money better spent.

It was posted that a pro shooter could be a sniper but "they dont want to".

Thats the difference.

Even among the people that "want to" there is high attrition. The initial want, than the ability to maintain "the want" is the thing that has to be initially present.

Ive never been on a range where bullets come back and I never want to be despite taking jobs that make that a possibility.

Lots of really good shooters dont even want to experience "possibility". I think that is what they acknowledge in themselves when they say "I couldnt do what a cop or soldier does". They dont have "the want" nor even the desire for "possibility".

Could they if pushed, say drafted, - some definitely will - but its the Walter Walsh or Lafayette G. Pool with an existing "want" that are going to get as many home as they can and thrive in the terrible shit.

If I had to take Reaper dude or Jerry Miculek with me tomorrow to someplace shitty Id take been there done that rather than shoots cardboard with amazing speed and accuracy.

I wont just assume one can do the job of the other or vice versa and neither does the shooter in the video if he added comments to that regard.

Last edited:
Reactions: Changed