• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Interesting Sniper video.

What the F are you talking about? White-knighting? Dude, all I did was say he's a warrior and he served this country damn proud. How the F you read all that other BS into that comment is on you, not me.

Forgive me for thinking highly of a military sniper that killed a lot of bad guys. Shame on me. Lesson learned.
Many of the people commenting on this fuckery are combat veterans themselves, and more than one or two are snipers that have seen combat as well.

You seem to want to credit these jackasses for their service...but they do their service no credit. They are presenting themselves as buffoons while identifying with a segment of the military that takes itself very seriously.

You really don't seem to get what is going on here.

here's another one from them.....

This time watching and commenting on footage from overseas.

The first video I saw him in was actually similar to this, but was him commenting on sniper scenes in movies. However it was a little more watchable as it didn't involve the coked up guy.

• Haha
Reactions: 308pirate
Ok, if I have to go to THE URBAN DICTIONARY to find out about a word that is supposedly “used by hunters, fishers (whatever the fuck that means, weasels?), and other country folk“ I am calling bullshit right off the bat. Being a hunter, and a fisherman, and identifying with country folk even if I am not one, I can attest that ”yee yee” is not in popular usage, and that this exclamation is likely to get you punched in the face.

confusing the Internet with real life

I've been a hick assed country boy my entire life. We even live in the boonies, in the woods.

This is the very first time I've ever heard of this Yee Yee shit.

Fucking kids are goofy these days with their phrases.

You know, God test his soul, Chris Kyle was fond of telling sea stories too. I fucking hate Ventura, and I really liked Kyle, but I believe Ventura and not Kyle, and that shit about him shooting looters in Nola was pure fantasy too.
I’ve got a friend, reItaly good guy, who simply cannot tell a story without completely embellishing it even when that ruins the story. I’ll never understand that, but it just is with some people.

I watched the whole video and it was bad, but I think what happened is that he was not prepared and was unfamiliar with his gear.

the military is really good at training people on their equipment, but not great at building deep understanding. Why the mil/Moa discussion, the “reaper” used a mk4 leupold
On top of a mk11/sr25 and that is how he was trained and how he trained his guys,

300yd zero is how he probably set up his rifle, minute of bad guy out to about 400 yds with minimal adjustments to be able to put rounds on target real quick

he obviously isn’t as good with his rifle right now as some of y’all are, but he isn’t shooting competitions or really training that often as precision rifle,

He’s been out of the military for 10 years and who knows when he was shooting last, I know I don’t want to get in a gunfight with him

Respectfully, IMHO nothing in your post is a valid excuse for the unprofessional execution of the video and the exceedingly poor performance that was documented.

This was not a FaceBook Live feed or some other real time capture where they had to pretty much accept what was done.

This was a video that they took time to setup, record, edit and post to a public source.
This means that after leaving the range they actually sat down, watched the video, edited it to the final version posted above, were happy with the content and then decided it was a good idea to upload it..... This above all else makes me shake my head and disregard anything else his name is connected with in the future.

I have definite opposing thoughts on your other points trying to defend the content. I believe you are trying to give him the benefit of doubt in respect for his prior service and I applaud you for that. I just think this doesn't warrant extending them my own benefit of doubt.

./

Respectfully, IMHO nothing in your post is a valid excuse for the unprofessional execution of the video and the exceedingly poor performance that was documented.

This was not a FaceBook Live feed or some other real time capture where they had to pretty much accept what was done.

This was a video that they took time to setup, record, edit and post to a public source.
This means that after leaving the range they actually sat down, watched the video, edited it to the final version posted above, were happy with the content and then decided it was a good idea to upload it..... This above all else makes me shake my head and disregard anything else his name is connected with in the future.

I have definite opposing thoughts on your other points trying to defend the content. I believe you are trying to give him the benefit of doubt in respect for his prior service and I applaud you for that. I just think this doesn't warrant extending them my own benefit of doubt.

./
If it truly was for entertainment purposes only as others have suggested, they should have put a disclaimer on the video. Tragically it wasn’t, I’d bet they were dead serious in the video.

If it truly was for entertainment purposes only as others have suggested, they should have put a disclaimer on the video. Tragically it wasn’t, I’d bet they were dead serious in the video.

It was definitely for marketing/viral purposes. They titled it as obvious clickbait. You don’t use the title “deadliest sniper or fraud” unless you’re making a video purposely to set off emotions.

Some are going to consider it a mockery of their prior profession and others will call it viral marketing.

It was definitely for marketing/viral purposes. They titled it as obvious clickbait. You don’t use the title “deadliest sniper or fraud” unless you’re making a video purposely to set off emotions.

Some are going to consider it a mockery of their prior profession and others will call it viral marketing.
Couldn't agree more.
That video is now close to 500k views in less than a week. Go post a "proper" zeroing technique video and see how many people watch it and how much money youtube will pay you for it... crickets.
That video will continue to pay them dividends for a long time as it gets monetized. Call them what you want, they are the ones laughing all the way to the bank.

They have nothing to prove, goofed around, spent a day shooting and hanging out, had fun and made a video/channel on youtube that helped market their book, and in the process banked more money than most folks here working dead end jobs. Hats off to them, great gig...

Last edited:
Reactions: M8541Reaper
You know, God test his soul, Chris Kyle was fond of telling sea stories too. I fucking hate Ventura, and I really liked Kyle, but I believe Ventura and not Kyle, and that shit about him shooting looters in Nola was pure fantasy too.
I’ve got a friend, reItaly good guy, who simply cannot tell a story without completely embellishing it even when that ruins the story. I’ll never understand that, but it just is with some people.

Your friend named Biden by chance......

Sniffs hair a lot?

Let's see...300 yards has virtually zero drop. How many MOA (!) did he dial in the first minute? Gomers.

From a 100 yard zero, which Irving admitted he didn’t have, Strelok says ~11 inches of drop to 300 with a 6.5 creedmoor firing a 147 eld-m at 2700fps. With a “rough bore sight,“ you could be feet off the target at 300, which he was. I think the general ass-clownery of the whole video was the bigger issue...

But whatever, it ain’t hurting me- except that now that ass clown Lunker shows upon my recommended feed on YouTube.

Reactions: STUKA
Don’t know much about Robert Terkla but do know of The Reaper (aka Nicholas Irving) and there are a number of 3 Bat guys who will vouch he is the real deal but then again I’m just a F.A.G. living the easy life drawing a govt paycheck.

Nicks way better at doing than talking about what hes done. totally get it, hes not the only one.
lunker is just a dude. join the army youll meet a million 11b's just like him.
Id look to neither of them for tactical advice via youtube.

Unfortunately, it kinda was a joke. As @Dthomas3523 pointed out, it makes them money the more you click.

I looked a little further into Robert Turkla and he was a sniper, with serious combat time. But, watching this was difficult as were his other videos pertaining to military and combat. His speech is like that of a couple of veterans I know up here who just can't slow down and put full sentences together that are explanatory. They've been through some serious shit and are on some medications. Terkla has capitalized very well on his ideas and that's good.

So, I will only go so far as to say this video, and others, suck. And, yeah, having looked at some other videos of his, my whole sideboard gets populated with his stuff.

I am just a fat civilian, would love to hear some thoughts on this video from you military guys.

As a former sniper, this video was a load of crap. So, where should I start?

1. The spotter (if that's what you want to call him) was as useless as an ashtray on a friggin motorbike. I swear I heard a windage adjustment go something like "just give it a couple of cranks".
2. I'm sure Irving is a good shooter/sniper, however, this was definitely not one of his better days.
3. To me, this looked like what we in the Australian Army would refer to as 'a yippee'. Basically shooting all over the place, just to get rid of ammunition the Pl Sgt didn't want to take back to the barracks.

All-in-all, not one of the sniping community's
better days.

100% clickbait, unfortunately clickbait works very well. I couldn't make it past 34 seconds, I could tell it was a waste of my time and that I would only get irritated watching it. I don't want to get irritated, I want to enjoy my coffee. These guys probably make a healthy living peddling BS videos too.

I am just a fat civilian, would love to hear some thoughts on this video from you military guys.

I am a retired SFC

I am a retired SFC, was a sniper with the 75th Ranger RG. Can't elaborate on anything else I did in the Army. I do know that these 2 CLOWNS are out for a quick buck! Nothing they showed on this video makes any sense. No DOPE cards, didn't identify ammo, bullet weight, powder drams,... I could go on & on about their negatives but I don't do that anymore. Erase everything you seen, zero your rifle to 100 yards and do your Math.

Reactions: Lazyfaire
I am a retired SFC

I am a retired SFC, was a sniper with the 75th Ranger RG. Can't elaborate on anything else I did in the Army. I do know that these 2 CLOWNS are out for a quick buck! Nothing they showed on this video makes any sense. No DOPE cards, didn't identify ammo, bullet weight, powder drams,... I could go on & on about their negatives but I don't do that anymore. Erase everything you seen, zero your rifle to 100 yards and do your Math.
Which BN?

Reactions: Forgetful Coyote
I am certainly not one to bash the military, especially meat-eaters... but just about any accurate modern sporting rifle with a ranging reticle and true dial clicks can be zeroed with 1 shot.

There was a Sofrep video series (yes I know everyone thinks B. Web is a piece of shit)...where Irving listed the sniper schools he attended while in the service. He's had quite a bit schooling. He even attended Rifles Only on the government dime.

That Ranger related series is quite good. But apparently some of the episodes have been deleted by whoever for whatever.

Haven't watched the offending video as I've seen the Lunker vids in the past and he clearly offers nothing of interest to continue further views on his vids.
You might be referring to the Warfighters History channel series?

What is it with YouTubers and an aversion to using a bipod??
Screen Shot 2020-08-28 at 4.23.30 PM.png

I am far from an expert and I made it about 3 mins in before I had to turn it off. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Lol. This new video is being shared by a lot of industry folk. I didn’t think people would fall for the click bait again.

Fool me once.....

I transcribed his MOA MIL rant as best I could (Holy shit wtf):
1:17
"Lister here motherfucker, let me explain something to you, when you have two gentlemen, that know what the fuck the're doing, they are probably going to do something a certain way. I am gonna say minutes, we will say 300 yards out there, no we will say 500, no we will say 3, if I say 2 minutes high at 3, what the fuck is that? 6 inches, correct? Ok, and if I tell him that he understands minutes and he understands mils, he asked for a correction in mils to me, and he comes back and says 1 and a half mils high, guess what I am going to say, yes cuz guess what 1 and a half fucking mils is, it's what like 5 and a half inches or so, what is that, hes looking through his scope real quick, 5 and a half mils <pshbshsbh sound with lips>, done, what is that, what's 5 and a half and 6 inches, not much, at 300 yards you are probably fuckin hit the target, guess what he fuckin did?"

Edit: Also he keep talking about his holds in MILS but that reticle looks an awful lot like the Impact-29 MOA Reticle from Leupold.

Last edited:
Reactions: Krob95 and JakeM