• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Iron Ridge Arms NEW AR-10 D model Uppers.

Re: Iron Ridge Arms NEW AR-10 D model Uppers.

IMG_8280.jpg

IMG_8148.jpg

Even if its the new spec, its still a bad idea to remove lug engagement area to me....

Skip that op on my order will ya
wink.gif

I think they will be nice once they are colored.

We will offer them in colors, Stnd will be with the ANO Black. the above pics are all in the raw. just off the press…

The upper rails area NATO spec, no fit problems with current US. products, and it has a larger purchase hold area within the new rail system.
Any scope that is attached to the rail will hold in a larger surface area.
The open channel area along the rail will not diminish the function of the rail.
Hope this helps. I will find the spec sheet for the new rail and post it.
Hope to do testing this week if the weather holds. And I can get away from the phones.

We will have some new changes coming to the uppers... we will produce a STD. Flat top with <span style="text-decoration: underline">NO</span> 23MOA built in. And one style upper with the 23MOA.

THX IRA Co.

I know these are further down the road, but will our IR10 lowers work with the new match upper Iron Ridge has coming out?

Awesome.

Any word on a group buy & a group buy price for the original GB's of the lowers?

You said you guys are going to offer side charging handles right?

Cool... I can be there in 45 minutes.....

I'd like a set in bare metal, unfinishes. Don't have the resources to finish it out right now, but I'd leave those out in my office as a modern art masterpiece.

The IRA match Grade uppers and lowers will be sold as a set only or with a complete rifle build only.

They will have the side chargeing handle.

No the IRA match set won’t fit the DPMS or the Armalite type lowers we are making. But we’ll see how things shake out.

No price on the Uppers yet. Still working on the run times.

We will offer a HIDE group buy price.. On the uppers, Upper & lower set ( DPMS Type IRA-D Model ), and Lowers for others that missed the buy.

The only one I think I will be able to offer is the IRA D-Model set. We don’t have the Armalite type uppers right now, But programming is almost done.. So not too far behind.

We hope to start the IRA D-Model upper run next week...I have alloy for 30 units on this first run.

Thx IRA Co.

any plans for a side charger upper that will fit your DPMS lower?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mtmisfit</div><div class="ubbcode-body">any plans for a side charger upper that will fit your DPMS lower? </div></div>

What he said...

cant wait for price

I dont think we will do the side chager type on the Armalite type or the DPMS type lowers.

We will want to keep that option for our Iron Ridge match grade style rifles.

Next up will be the Armalite type uppers, new 23MOA extened rail,New IRA heavy duty quick mount scope mount,
And IRA full floating tube with multi mount rails that the customer will be able to mount in any set-up.. pics to follow soon.
We are setting up the price on line as soon as we can get the rest of the manf numbers, And willl start a pre-Sale list for the IRA DPMS type style upers.
will keep you posted.

Thx IRA Co.

Whats different about the match lowers then the regular lowers? What types of uppers will fit with the current IRA DPMS style lowers beside the other DPMS uppers on the market already?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Iron Ridge Arms</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I dont think we will do the side chager type on the Armalite type or the DPMS type lowers.

</div></div>

Boo.

Any DPMS Upper or IRA DPMS type upper will fit the STD DPMS lower or the IRA D-Model DPMS type Lowers.( it will be very tight, but will work and improve the fit & performance of STD DPMS equip.)No other upper will fit the IRA lowers as of yet. Just the STD DPMS uppers will fit the IRA lowers;

We just have lager plans for the IRA Match Grade Equip.

I think all will be very pleased what we have up our sleeve.

If it wasn't confusing enough with 2 different style lowers and uppers already on the market. Now there are going to be multiple variables for each the DPMS and Armalite lowers. All this time I thought the new upper coming out was going to be side charger, with a canted base.

The IRA match grade upper and Lower will have the side charging handle. That way we will be able to fit all the parts as in the mods to the carrier to accommodate the charge handle.
Major design work has to be done to the upper and the carrier to make sure they function as one unit.

Thx IRA Co.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JRose</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Iron Ridge Arms</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I dont think we will do the side chager type on the Armalite type or the DPMS type lowers.

</div></div>

Boo. </div></div>

One of the reasons I was waiting on an IRA upper was to get a side charger to go with my IRA-D lower.

Guess I'm stuck with an ASA side charger upper.

Ok i already have a IRA-D lower from the original group buy, but now Sign me up for the IRA-Match Lower and Upper, sight un-seen. For this is the entire reason i got the lower for in the first place, to shoot matches with.

If all goes to plan, we may be able to pull it out of our ass and do a side charger on the other models..???
For now we want to get out the:
*IRA DPMS type upper & lower
*IRA Armalite type upper & lower
*IRA match grade Upper & lower w/(side charger).
*IRA uppers w/23-MOA built in the rail.
*IRA extended 23MOA rail
*Heavy Duty-QD mount Scope rail ring combo.
*IRA full float tube with Add on rail options.

So right now we would like to get the current wish list out the door, more interesting goodies to follow. And have a special project we are working on with another company, will have more news at the end of October...? ;-)

Thx IRA Co

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Iron Ridge Arms</div><div class="ubbcode-body">*IRA full float tube with Add on rail options.
</div></div>

will the dpms upper accept all standard dpms parts (bolt, free float tubes, etc.)?

Yes, the IRA D-Model upper-DPMS type will use factory parts, we recommend that all owners of Armalite or DPMS type rifles use factory parts with their rifles or with the New IRA type AR uppers & lowers.

Thx IRA Co.

Would like to see a DPMS style side charger to go on my IRA lower. Been holding off building this lower for you guys to make one. Now I might have a lower that has lost interest to me if I have to step up to a Match grade set. Keep us updated, but IMO you will sell lots of side charging DPMS style uppers. Patiently awaiting further news.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jr_V</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Would like to see a DPMS style side charger to go on my IRA lower. Been holding off building this lower for you guys to make one. Now I might have a lower that has lost interest to me if I have to step up to a Match grade set. Keep us updated, but IMO you will sell lots of side charging DPMS style uppers. Patiently awaiting further news. </div></div>

Very interested in your Heavy Duty-QD mount Scope rail ring combo. Do you have any details of the specs?
1. Will it be for both 1" and 30mm rings? Maybe you could do it with inserts so it could be used for both without having two models. Similar to SWFA S.S.A.L.T. 30mm / 1" Scope Mount.
2. Will it have a built in 23 MOA? I know your new upper will have an optional 23 MOA, but the majority of flat-top uppers have no MOA built in. There may be more of a demand for a wider market of uppers that would prefer to have a QD mount with built in 23 MOA.
3. Will it return to zero when removed?
4. Will it be be at 1.5" high on centerline?
5. Will it have the enough clearance to use BUIS?

Still in the work up phase, & Proto-type model. But Should be yes to all of the above questions. we are working on 4 models.
we will keep you up-dated as the models come along.

thx IRA Co.

The lightening cut down the center of the rail will destroy the lug on a larue mount. I've got a mount that is hosed because of this. If you want, I'll post pics. Larue mounted products are a huge part of the AR market. Just saying.

I add a +1 to omitting the lighting cut.

how long do you think until there are some black ones finished for sale?

I think I got the wrong email addy down -- I pmed you for the right one. Let me know. Thanks!

Made some New changes to the top of the upper, we have a open channel in the center and closed on the ends, I have a few pics coming. looks great,
The New specs for the rail are in the NATO specs, The section of rail that optics hold on to are a bit different then the stnd. type rails, the area of purchase on the contact points are much better then the Stnd. rail config.
BUT all optics and hardware will mount to the new NATO rail type.

Thx IRA Co.

If the lowers are paintable I would like one? and I cant sent emails to a phone number. how else can I contact you.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mtmisfit</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JRose</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Iron Ridge Arms</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I dont think we will do the side chager type on the Armalite type or the DPMS type lowers.

</div></div>

Boo. </div></div>

One of the reasons I was waiting on an IRA upper was to get a side charger to go with my IRA-D lower.

Guess I'm stuck with an ASA side charger upper. </div></div>

Just got word from ASA - their side charger is the Armalite pattern.

We will be working on the IRA match Grade uppers w/side charging handle before we do the other models. We need to work out the details on our model first before we can do mods on the other type of uppers. Some of our concern is the side cut that has to be done on factory carriers from Armalite & DPMS equip & make sure the side charger will work w/out doing or re-Harding the carrier. So it’s a lot of testing that has to be done before we can do mods on the other factory parts.
Once we start the IRA match grade set we will have a better Idea on working out the details.. Its just a time factor, we are all working like crazy people to get out some of the new products.

Thx IRA Co.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Iron Ridge Arms</div><div class="ubbcode-body">No Info on the Barrel Manf yet we have a few in mind.
Noveske
Bartlein Barrels
Pac-Nor
Mike-Rock
we are still in the works with barrels manufactures.

Barrel Extensions... we are Manf here in house. we are not able to find the quality we need so were doing it on our own.

IRA Co.</div></div> SSKINDUSRTIES.COM may be a consideration for barrels .Top quality!

Any update on upper receiver availability? Either one.. match.. regular.. dpms.. armalite.

We are getting ready to post the New Iron Ridge D-Model uppers Pre order list on the Hide, just finishing the details now on the price & time line. thx

IRA Co.

are you guys still planning on doing your own barrel extension?

what about any of the other components? bolts? carriers?

Awesome on the pre-order... i'll take one
grin.gif
that way it will match my Hides group buy lower

Please post new thread when your decision has been made.

Rich

Working on it now, will have new pics of the IRA D-Model upper product and Price Info:
We are Manufacturing the IRA barrel extensions, they will be going on the barrels we chose. We only have a few in stock for more testing and just put together a IRA proto-type rifle in the 16" and 18". So far everything is working great; we are doing more testing on the Rifle to make sure we get the performance with a Suppressor.

Thx
IRA Co

did you decide to incorporate the forward assist? i noticed on the website pics the 'finished' version shows a forward assist with only a shell deflector on the unfinished uppers.

also, if i'm planning on my gunsmith doing the barrel for me, will the barrel extension be available for purchase with the upper?

I called about a lower and I was wondering if the lowers you are selling on here for 200 bucks can be painted?