• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Its getting wild on the Highways

Maggot

"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood"
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Jul 27, 2007
    Virginia
    To the point I almost hate to drive. NOt to mention the road rage crap. I was going down a country road yesterday about 55 and a fucking car hauler driver looked me right in the eye at less that 200 feet and made a left turn right in front of me. I had to lock the brakes down and he never even looked. It crossed my mind to go back and confront him but I just couldnt see any good result coming out of that so I drove on. Rant over.

Watch moment tanker truck exploded on Michigan interstate ...

https://www.kansascity.com › national › article252800943

5 hours ago — The Troy Police Department has released dash cam video of the moment a tanker truck loaded with 14000-gallons of fuel crashed and ...

Truck crash causes bridge to shift 6 feet in Georgia – Boston ...

https://www.boston25news.com › news › trending › tru...

4 hours ago — Truck crashes into bridge, causing it to shift 6 feet in Georgia Authorities shut down a stretch of Interstate 16 in Georgia on Thursday, July 15, 2021, after a truck crashed into a bridge, ... (Georgia Department of Transportation) ... the roadway as soon as possible to minimize impact to the traveling public.”.

I agree with wh20crazy. It's always been nuts.

Insurance on semi trucks has skyrocketed in the last year. I'm not sure if that will help or not.

Reactions: wh20crazy
    I've gotten that full eye contact look too and then had Karen in her SUV turn right in front of me, except I was on my Harley causing me too lock up the brakes and skid sideways. Of course Karen was too self important to look back. Fuck Karen.

It's been every man for himself on the highway since before I got a license to drive. But, I grew up on the Die-35 corridor in central Texas, so I may be a bit more acclimated to the antics than some...

Reactions: tomcatmv
    My commute has gotten a little worse because of the influx of new people in the area and they are easy to pick out of the crowd. North Texas has been nuts for a long time.

It's been every man for himself on the highway since before I got a license to drive. But, I grew up on the Die-35 corridor in central Texas, so I may be a bit more acclimated to the antics than some...
    Yep, I35 especially between San Antonio and Waco is a fucking nightmare. I will say, Austin drivers are absolute morons...they should make them all go back to horses. My local hiway, Virginia Rte 29 has become like an interstate but without the saftey margins built in.

Driving on public roads is basically a subset of the social contract, and we all know how well that's working in other areas so we shouldn't be surprised when everyone's attitude towards the safety of myself and loved ones is best described as DILLIGAF.

Riding a bicycle on the road is even more fun. A Glock 43 appears to be the best compromise between small enough to conceal, but large enough to get someone's attention.

Yep, I35 especially between San Antonio and Waco is a fucking nightmare. I will say, Austin drivers are absolute morons...they should make them all go back to horses. My local hiway, Virginia Rte 29 has become like an interstate but without the saftey margins built in.
    I had to go to New Braunfels to pick up some tile that was on the access road off 35. Try looking for and reading a business address with idiots up your ass. When I missed it I had to loop back and drive halfway back to San Marcos in construction detours and do it all over again.

If you flee to Texas, idiots, don't drive like idiots.

Driving on public roads is basically a subset of the social contract, and we all know how well that's working in other areas so we shouldn't be surprised when everyone's attitude towards the safety of myself and loved ones is best described as DILLIGAF.

Riding a bicycle on the road is even more fun. A Glock 43 appears to be the best compromise between small enough to conceal, but large enough to get someone's attention.
    Glock’s are pretty good equalizers…

I average about 31.5k miles a year, nothing surprises me anymore.
    Wait until your doing 75 in the fast lane of the interstate, bumper to bumper traffic, and a guy tries to pass you on the left gravel shoulder. Made me want to do this:

The wife told me last week that she saw a large RV sitting on the side of 95 with the left side peeled away. Seems they must have crossed into the fast lane and then hit a bridge abutment doing the damage.

No idea as to how it happened, but most drivers do not put their RVs into the left lane, much less into the shoulder and then taking on a bridge abutment.

The wife told me last week that she saw a large RV sitting on the side of 95 with the left side peeled away. Seems they must have crossed into the fast lane and then hit a bridge abutment doing the damage.

No idea as to how it happened, but most drivers do not put their RVs into the left lane, much less into the shoulder and then taking on a bridge abutment.
    I 95 is a whole nother story. The world's longest parking lot at times.

Wait until your doing 75 in the fast lane of the interstate, bumper to bumper traffic, and a guy tries to pass you on the left gravel shoulder. Made me want to do this:

Happened a few months ago on i-25, guy zipped by on the shoulder going +100mph.

• Angry
    Reactions: Maggot
    when was the highway ever not a wild place to be , I mean people drive like crap everyday then speed them up to 80 mph and the fun starts swerving drifting inbetween lanes just to move up one car . Its more amazing thinking why are there not more massive accidents on the road it sure ain't the safe plastic cars its a miracle .:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

1) It's way too easy to get a license in the US. Unfortunately our public transportation is also generally horrible, so raising the bar isn't easy.
    2) Traffic cops spend too much time looking for speeders instead of focusing on the actual dangerous drivers. Start ticketing people for tailgating, not yielding the passing lane to faster traffic, preventing people from passing, and passing on the right to start.

We moved to Florida when I was 15, Florida sucks. My Dad decided we should take a Hunter Education class so we did. Every Tuesday and Thursday for a month, he came home, me and my brother loaded up, we bought subs at a local place called Gabriel's and sat on the interstate, eating dinner, sweating our asses off in his no air conditioning van for the 90 mins it took to go 35 miles to the class.

At least one day a week, a car or motorcycle passed us doing 100 miles an hour in the lane that was closed for construction. They usually impacted some random equipment or dump truck and died at the scene a mile or so ahead of us. Or they swerved back into traffic and wrecked causing the drive to go even slower. I bet we saw 10 fatal traffic accidents that summer.

It has not improved in the last 40 plus years. But, adding traffic cameras and dash cameras has insured we can enjoy their stupidity for years to come.

• Haha

No idea as to how it happened, but most drivers do not put their RVs into the left lane...

I'm guessing you haven't spent much time on I-10.

Glock’s are pretty good equalizers…

6+1 rounds of 147gr Winchester Ranger aren't going to tilt the tables in my favor against 7000 lbs of pickup, but it's at least a good starting point for our conversation at the next traffic light. It's interesting how quickly overly-aggressive drivers can become quite apologetic once they realize they are not invincible.

My best defense has been the Garmin Varia rear-facing radar, which in conjunction with my Garmin head unit shows the number and closing speed of vehicles behind me. The simple fact that I have to use such a device on rural roads says a lot about our country.

And it's not just my dumb ass on a bike; at least once a summer, one of the local farmers gets tagged while driving his tractor, combine, or sprayer down the road. Now, I understand that the people driving down the local two-lane are in a big hurry and it's really frustrating to slow down to 20 MPH for the next 60 seconds of their lives while waiting for the correct moment to pass something the size of a small house, but it's simply not rational to force this process into happening just a moment too soon :LOL:

Reactions: The D
    6+1 rounds of 147gr Winchester Ranger aren't going to tilt the tables in my favor against 7000 lbs of pickup, but it's at least a good starting point for our conversation at the next traffic light. It's interesting how quickly overly-aggressive drivers can become quite apologetic once they realize they are not invincible.

My best defense has been the Garmin Varia rear-facing radar, which in conjunction with my Garmin head unit shows the number and closing speed of vehicles behind me. The simple fact that I have to use such a device on rural roads says a lot about our country.

And it's not just my dumb ass on a bike; at least once a summer, one of the local farmers gets tagged while driving his tractor, combine, or sprayer down the road. Now, I understand that the people driving down the local two-lane are in a big hurry and it's really frustrating to slow down to 20 MPH for the next 60 seconds of their lives while waiting for the correct moment to pass something the size of a small house, but it's simply not rational to force this process into happening just a moment too soon :LOL:
    I grew up in farm country, I know all about farm equipment on the roads. It is mildly annoying but it’s inescapable. It was definitely more annoying when I was a stupid teenager and had to race everywhere I went.

The bike situation is a little more contentious though. Especially since there are lots of Schwinn Armstrong’s in the Denver area, even more so in the foothills around here. I have zero problem with bikes being on the road. But I have a big problem with a lot of the people who decide to take up biking and ride 3 and 4 wide on a two-lane road. Or only follow the bare minimum of traffic laws while in town. I used to work in Naples, Fl and saw a group of bikes ride right through a red light and start giving the finger to anyone who honked their horns…

I’m not attributing any of this to you either, just saying there’s much more of a gray area with the road race-y types

I hate just about all of those assholes pulling campers. If you can't run the speed limit, either buy a truck with decent power or get your slow ass over to 301.

Saw that in Chicago a couple of weeks ago.

Monday, on my way home from PA, I saw a black Dodge pickup trying to pass a semi on the shoulder and fail. Fail like in getting hooked up on the trailer and dragged.

The Amish around here have these big red triangles with flashing red and amber lights on the back of their buggies and still get tagged every once in a while.

It never ends well for them. :mad:

I never understood the reason to put a chip on a diesel with a "rolling coal" setting and thought it was pretty high school. Then I got stuck behind a pack of road bikers.

I've only intentionally blown smoke on people once. A couple on bicycles riding side by side on a two lane road with oncoming traffic in a 55mph zone. They looked back at me and made no attempt to clear the lane.

No smoke tune on mine. Either give it full throttle before the turbo spools, or just a moderate increase in throttle. That moderate increase in fuel makes it go rich and takes a bit to get the turbo spooled, thereby producing smoke from the rich a/f ratio.

I35 is like driving on a fricking NASCAR track. The way the idiots tailgate and weave in and out like they're "drafting" drives me nuts. And yes, I've said it before, Austin is a shithole. But hey, at least 50 or so demoncrat scumbags left it for DC so there is that ;)

• Haha
    I hate just about all of those assholes pulling campers. If you can't run the speed limit, either buy a truck with decent power or get your slow ass over to 301.

Fun fact: a vast majority of trailer tires are only rated to 65mph. If you're anywhere close to the load rating on the tire (so every rv/tt in existence) you're encouraging sidewall failure or delamination from heat by exceeding the speed rating of the tire.

So you're encouraging people to go faster, have more tire failures, and be stopped on the shoulder changing tires and fucking up traffic more!

Reactions: tomcatmv
    Fun fact: a vast majority of trailer tires are only rated to 65mph. If you're anywhere close to the load rating on the tire (so every rv/tt in existence) you're encouraging sidewall failure or delamination from heat by exceeding the speed rating of the tire.

So you're encouraging people to go faster, have more tire failures, and be stopped on the shoulder changing tires and fucking up traffic more!

Not at all. I'm encouraging folks who will not run the posted speed limit to use a road in which they can run the posted limit.

I know folks who have put LT tires on their campers so they can safely run interstate speeds.

Let's all be safe out there.

Not at all. I'm encouraging folks who will not run the posted speed limit to use a road in which they can run the posted limit.

I know folks who have put LT tires on their campers so they can safely run interstate speeds.

Let's all be safe out there.

Ever visited Montana?

There is usually no such thing as another road to get there.

So, we just slow down, relax, and don't get worked up about someone going 65 in a 80.

Never been there. The interstate that I primarily travel is I-95. 301 is a viable option for the cheap skates. Yes, if you will neither buy the appropriate tires nor tow rig, you're a cheap skate. Some of us have work to do.

I've only intentionally blown smoke on people once. A couple on bicycles riding side by side on a two lane road with oncoming traffic in a 55mph zone. They looked back at me and made no attempt to clear the lane.

No smoke tune on mine. Either give it full throttle before the turbo spools, or just a moderate increase in throttle. That moderate increase in fuel makes it go rich and takes a bit to get the turbo spooled, thereby producing smoke from the rich a/f ratio.
    One of my guys working for me was taking a narrow backroad in Dripping Springs west of Austin to the jobsite when he got behind a mini Tour de France of those turds. And they weren't moving out of the way for him or anybody else. Finally, they came to a straight away he hit the left shoulder and romped on it in his 2000 F-350 PSD pulling a construction trailer. He said fingers were being shot as they disappeared in a smog of black soot and flying gravel.

There happened to be a four way stop right around the curve where they caught up with him. The leader rode up to his passenger window snarling and cussing. When my guy lowered his glass, spandex man yelled at him "Do you know who I am you sonofabitch?! I'm Lance Armstrong!"

My guy yelled back "Fuck you! I don't care who you are. Stay out of the road and off the 'roids, cheater!" Then he floored it again and gave them second fogging, leading to more middle fingers being shot at him.

Ever visited Montana?

There is usually no such thing as another road to get there.

So, we just slow down, relax, and don't get worked up about someone going 65 in a 80.
    Montana has some insane speed limits on a few road. Insane as I would never drive that fast in any vehicle.

😍 Montana 😍

Reactions: Hobo Hilton
    Too many people on the road - most not paying attention and with no sense that there are people actually trying to get somewhere.

I ran 2 red lights just this morning and was still late!

So what Im gathering from this thread is its fucked up pretty much everywhere.

Reactions: Hobo Hilton