• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Just got my first M1A

Reese91

Private
Minuteman
Mar 18, 2012
Washington, USA
Alright so a bit of an introduction. Just joined this forum after lurking for quite a while and decided that I wanted a bit more of a rifle for shooting in general. To this end I decided to trade my AR15 for a M1A Socom II. I love the Socom II, but I hate the vltor stock that came with it and longed after a Sage EBR stock because I shot a friend’s M1A which was sitting in one and enjoyed it.

This led to my hunting down a Sage EBR mod 0 stock which turned out to be harder than I thought. Every website I visited said they were all sold out so this led to me calling quite a few shops that said they stocked the Sage stock until I came upon Citadel gun and safe that actually had one stock in the configuration I wanted.

So today the stock arrived and I got the Socom II all dropped in (I hate how hard it was to get the old op rod guide block off and the new one on, I spent 2 hrs beating on the old one before I gave up and broke out the dremel and another hour getting the new one on, it was really tight) other than op rod guide block woes everything dropped in great except for the trigger group which needed a bit of encouragement too.

Took it out to the yard and shot through a mag to ensure that the rifle functioned which it did flawlessly. Sadly I do not have a camera handy so I will post pics tomorrow after I borrow one.