• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Just how dumb do you have to be to go fight in Ukraine as a foreigner?

IIRC, whether drafted, volunteering or already serving in the US military a service member must serve for the duration plus six months in a declared war.

IMHO, the requirement to serve for the duration isn't really a new idea but what else would these adventure seekers expect?

Reactions: stefan73
Absolute idiocy, imho. If they don't get killed, they'll have a nice stint in a Russian prison if caught. Russia has already stated foreign fighters will be considered mercenaries, not subject to the protections afforded POW's. And for what? To fight for fake "democracy" in the most corrupt country in Europe? So Joe and Hunter Biden can continue to pillage the country? Yeah, good luck with that. Post the videos for our entertainment at least.

Some perspective: I arrived in Odessa in October 1998 on a two-year contract to survey locations for cell towers. Foreigners were/are required to register their passports with OVIR within 24 hours of arrival. Our group went to the office the next morning and were told if we wanted our passports returned the same day, it would be $40 USD cash and they were real specific about the denominations: 1, $20, 1, $10 and 2, $5's. Otherwise, it could take up to 30 days for them to be returned. We paid and expensed the $40 bribe. We headed-out the next morning to survey a site near a park dedicated to The Great Patriotic War (their name for WW II) and the cops were there, waiting for us. Sorry, guys, we're going to need $100 USD before you're allowed to work. WTF. We got our wallets out again. To make a long story short, it was two straight years of that kind of BS. We couldn't go anywhere or do anything without paying the obligatory $40-$100 bribe to some mickey mouse Ukrainian government official. It got so ridiculous that Litton/Motorola said, 'fuck this' and withdrew from Ukraine in November 2000. We went home.

I can't believe it has changed all that much since then.

P.S. And if you're wondering why the Russians haven't flattened Odessa the way they have other Ukrainian cities it's probably because that two-thirds of Odessites identify as Russian, at least, they did when I was there. Even the street signs in Odessa are bi-lingual, Russian/Ukrainian.

With all the disdain toward the current administration by members of the military and national guard, and the local groups that would like to kick the fed out of Texas, Arizona, and other states, I don't think you would have many of them to fight.

I'm not sold on that theory.

Amazing what orders people will follow.

Absolute idiocy, imho. If they don't get killed, they'll have a nice stint in a Russian prison if caught. Russia has already stated foreign fighters will be considered mercenaries, not subject to the protections afforded POW's. And for what? To fight for fake "democracy" in the most corrupt country in Europe? So Joe and Hunter Biden can continue to pillage the country? Yeah, good luck with that. Post the videos for our entertainment at least.
I wonder what kind of deal which Putin is giving to the 10000 Syrian 'volunteers' to fight for Mother Russia? Interesting combination of Muslims allied with Russian Orthodox against Ukrainian Orthodox. Maybe the Ukrainians should ask for Bosnian Muslim 'volunteers"

Reactions: Yasherka
Some perspective: I arrived in Odessa in October 1998 on a two-year contract to survey locations for cell towers. Foreigners were/are required to register their passports with OVIR within 24 hours of arrival. Our group went to the office the next morning and were told if we wanted our passports returned the same day, it would be $40 USD cash and they were real specific about the denominations: 1, $20, 1, $10 and 2, $5's. Otherwise, it could take up to 30 days for them to be returned. We paid and expensed the $40 bribe. We headed-out the next morning to survey a site near a park dedicated to The Great Patriotic War (their name for WW II) and the cops were there, waiting for us. Sorry, guys, we're going to need $100 USD before you're allowed to work. WTF. We got our wallets out again. To make a long story short, it was two straight years of that kind of BS. We couldn't go anywhere or do anything without paying the obligatory $40-$100 bribe to some mickey mouse Ukrainian government official. It got so ridiculous that Litton/Motorola said, 'fuck this' and withdrew from Ukraine in November 2000. We went home.

I can't believe it has changed all that much since then.

P.S. And if you're wondering why the Russians haven't flattened Odessa the way they have other Ukrainian cities it's probably because that two-thirds of Odessites identify as Russian, at least, they did when I was there. Even the street signs in Odessa are bi-lingual, Russian/Ukrainian.

absolutely. all over central Asia and Ukraine, the governments run on bribes. The cops are usually the worst - nobody expects good things from them. I got shaken down bad by the cops in Tashkent.

Reactions: GoggledIt
I wonder what kind of deal which Putin is giving to the 10000 Syrian 'volunteers' to fight for Mother Russia? Interesting combination of Muslims allied with Russian Orthodox against Ukrainian Orthodox. Maybe the Ukrainians should ask for Bosnian Muslim 'volunteers"
How does Turkey sending it's ISIS allies to help Kiev sound to you?
https://dontspeaknews.com/2022/02/1...hundreds-of-isis-fighters-to-donbass-ukraine/

Don't forget, Syria has had a sizeable Christian community for the last 1900 years. The ISIS and other assorted terrorists that John McCain loved so much tried to exterminate those people.

absolutely. all over central Asia and Ukraine, the governments run on bribes. The cops are usually the worst - nobody expects good things from them. I got shaken down bad by the cops in Tashkent.

I have no doubt. Corruption is practically a tradition. The day I flew out of Odessa, I had a couple bottles of vodka and some other knickknacks in my suitcase. Two airport cops wanted $20 a-piece to not confiscate it. I was so used to being shaken down after two years I didn't think twice about giving it to them.

I enjoyed my time there but, I also didn't mind leaving when I had the opportunity.

Reactions: Darayavaus
I have no doubt. Corruption is practically a tradition. The day I flew out of Odessa, I had a couple bottles of vodka and some other knickknacks in my suitcase. Two airport cops wanted $20 a-piece to not confiscate it. I was so used to being shaken down after two years I didn't think twice about giving it to them.

I enjoyed my time there but, I also didn't mind leaving when I had the opportunity.
funny you say that. the bastards confiscated the vodka bottles, but let me keep the flask that was supposed to go with it. I kept it as a reminder. 😡
and you really can't push back too much. I learned that once when the bribe-takers made me miss a flight out of Sheremetyevo.

20220320_112400 - Copy.jpg

Reactions: GoggledIt
Sounds like the Mexico of that part of the world

My buddy got drug off a bus by the cops, beaten, robbed, and woke up on the side of the road. Didn't ask if his butt was sore.

Siren's Song: The Allure of War
Book by Antonio Salinas

Sad that for some it doesn't go away

Someone give this kid's parents a 2x4 to hit him over the head with.

"Always wanted to join the military"
Apparently not bad enough to head on down to the local recruitment office and join up to the best military on the planet.
Or perhaps the not good enough for the military to take, which is saying something these days...

One less idiot breeding and taking up a share of the women folk.

The Ukrainians are happy to have stupid cannon fodder that even pays their own way HA!

no I'm ok with it as it may change him from his obvious democrat views or eliminate one.

But the Russians and Chinese are willing to go WWIII in a full nuclear way if it comes to it

But are they, really?

I think not.

I don't think those who parrot your line understand the hellish landscape that Russia and China will become when our SSBN fleets unloads their complete payloads on them.

Every one of the fourteen US SSBNs has 24 ballistic missiles, each loaded with ten independently-targetable nuclear warheads.

Do the math.

Never mind the strategically located Arleigh Burke class destroyers around the world with SM-6 ABM capability, plus other shit not being discussed publicly, nor any USAF nuclear assets that will survive a first strike.

You have no fucking idea of what you're talking about. Absolutely none.

Anyone who thinks he can strike us with nuclear weapons and not die in a man-made sun a few minutes later is a fucking fool.

Last edited:
But are they, really?

I think not.

I don't think those who parrot your line understand the hellish landscape that Russia and China will become when our SSBN fleets unloads their complete payloads on them.

Every one of the fourteen US SSBNs has 24 ballistic missiles, each loaded with ten independently-targetable nuclear warheads.

Do the math.

Never mind the strategically located Arleigh Burke class destroyers around the world with SM-6 ABM capability, plus other shit not being discussed publicly, nor any USAF nuclear assets that will survive a first strike.

Anyone who thinks he can strike us with nuclear weapons and not die in a man-made sun a few minutes later is a fucking fool.
The concept of Mutually Assured Destruction still exists, regardless of what the media pukes tell us.

But are they, really?

I think not.

Do the math.

You have your strong opinion based on your understanding of capabilities.
Just don't think you are the only one that understands how much weaponry is around the world and has been for many decades.
The USA probably has less actual deployed nuclear weapons than several decades back when it was the in thing for everyone to have enough to hand out to everyone. And even back then enough folks were of the persuasion that if the Soviets were backed far enough into a corner, they might just decide to roll the dice.

There have been many theories put out about how a nuclear exchange would go down over the decades, and the larger part of them calculate it stops short of everybody sending everything they have at everything possible. In which case it often comes down to who thinks they can survive as a government better, or who has got more to lose at the moment someone has to make a decision.

Who knows if it will ever happen maybe never, but thinking that either Russia or China would not seriously consider it, if the survival of their government is at stake is quite possibly an important oversight. It would be risky to assume for certainty that Russia or China would be unwilling to use any option they have if the western armies start marching across their countries again.

During WW2 chemical and bio weapons were used by the countries that had them, against countries that didn't have the capacity to return the favor.

Even when Hitler was hiding in his bunker with Russkies beating down the door, Germany didn't use chemical weapons against countries that could use them back.

The belligerents in WW1 developed them and used them prompting the victim to develop and return the favor. The new wore-off pretty fast after everyone had them.

Russia and the US are both plenty capable of getting conventionally armed weapons to each other's shores, bases and cities long before anyone decides to go nuclear. I wouldn't worry too much about nukes yet. Shit can get plenty bad with just conventional weapons.

Russia's Yasen class guided missile subs and the US Virginia class are built with such things in mind. Each can launch conventionally armed cruise missiles close enough to enemy shores to make missile intercept unlikely.

Last edited:
"Always wanted to join the military"
Apparently not bad enough to head on down to the local recruitment office and join up to the best military on the planet.
Or perhaps the not good enough for the military to take, which is saying something these days...

One less idiot breeding and taking up a share of the women folk.

The Ukrainians are happy to have stupid cannon fodder that even pays their own way HA!
We need a new name for guys reaming out their girlfriends while they are gone, since Jody is taken for the military.

Also even if you really do feel the need to go over there and die for some country that couldn’t care less about you, why have them make a news story about it you? Seems like you’re trying to appear morally superior.

Reactions: canman

Someone please correct me if I am wrong on this observation. It seems there are more non-military volunteers going to the Ukraine than ones with prior service experience.

Maybe the reasons that most of people with military experience stay away from the fight is precisely because they have had the military experience.

Civilian volunteers might want take note of that.

Russia's Yasen class guided missile subs and the US Virginia class are built with such things in mind. Each can launch conventionally armed cruise missiles close enough to enemy shores to make missile intercept unlikely.

Block III and IV Virginia-class boats have 12 Tomahawks in external VLS tubes in addition to any that might be taking a torpedo's space in the torpedo room racks.

The real powerhouses are the four Ohio-class SSBNs converted to SSGNs. 22 of their 24 Trident tubes were fitted with Tomahawk VLS cells with seven missiles each. That's a full loadout of 154 cruise missiles. The other two tubes are for special forces deployment and recovery.

Block III and IV Virginia-class boats have 12 Tomahawks in external VLS tubes in addition to any that might be taking a torpedo's space in the torpedo room racks.

The real powerhouses are the four Ohio-class SSBNs converted to SSGNs. 22 of their 24 Trident tubes were fitted with Tomahawk VLS cells with seven missiles each. That's a full loadout of 154 cruise missiles. The other two tubes are for special forces deployment and recovery.

You know your subs.

Makes me wonder if the Russkies have outfitted their Borei subs for cruise missiles.

A Google search indicates they plan to do so, but likely havn't yet.

Like the US doesn't already have hypersonic nukes of its own and just doesn't broadcast it. Not that it matters. The rest of the world can't defend against our slower nukes.

Does it matter when the CIC has other alliances beyond the us in the US?

It's all a show at this point to herd the people into their planned plantations without causing a revolt.

Reactions: NoDopes and BLEE
You're guessing

You are correct, I'm simply guessing based on the official numbers put out as part of the usual B.S. treaty negotiations.

In all reality it matters little and the exact count is something I don't need to know.

Once you have over a couple thousand ready to go, you've got enough to give everybody some a couple times.

Probably even in a full scale exchange, even assuming you lose a bunch before you can launch them, you still wouldn't use them all as there might not be civilization still around by the time you get towards the end of the first couple thousand, so maybe there is a couple tribesmen out in the bush that haven't gotten one yet?

read the comments section and cringe

People are so disconnected from reality it is painful to see

Seems like a warped hobby for the Taco Bell-guy, but the Dollar General-guy? Holy fucking shit. Clueless doesn't even begin to describe him. I wouldn't want to be anywhere near his mom when she finds-out he's now a corpse in some Ukrainian mass grave instead of doing humanitarian work in Poland.

How does Turkey sending it's ISIS allies to help Kiev sound to you?
https://dontspeaknews.com/2022/02/1...hundreds-of-isis-fighters-to-donbass-ukraine/

Don't forget, Syria has had a sizeable Christian community for the last 1900 years. The ISIS and other assorted terrorists that John McCain loved so much tried to exterminate those people.
Is there any info that Putin and Assad directly helped the syrian christians from the rebels. Did the rebels target the christians. I doubt all the rebels were ISIS-inspired.

Is there any info that Putin and Assad directly helped the syrian christians from the rebels. Did the rebels target the christians. I doubt all the rebels were ISIS-inspired.
i followed a syrian journalist a lot back then, and she has traveled throughout the country to get firsthand accounts from regular syrians.
what i heard was that the "rebels" acted mostly the same as isis, al queda or their affiliates toward religious minorities (jews, christians and shia muslims).
also, as linked elsewhere, scott ritter (ex intel and ex-UN weapons inspector) says the US knew that assad wasn't using chemical weapons, or saw no credible evidence he ever used them against anyone.

Reactions: khel
Like the US doesn't already have hypersonic nukes of its own and just doesn't broadcast it. Not that it matters. The rest of the world can't defend against our slower nukes.
all icbm warheads will be hypersonic when they reenter the atmosphere around Mach 21 which is much faster than the recently announced Russian hypersonic vehicles. The advantage of the russian weapon is it low flying capability and unknown launch point.

Reactions: BLEE
all icbm warheads will be hypersonic when they reenter the atmosphere around Mach 21 which is much faster than the recently announced Russian hypersonic vehicles. The advantage of the russian weapon is it low flying capability and unknown launch point.
it isn't the speed or even altitude...icbm's and conventional missiles have a more predictable trajectory, which allows for intercept.
the new russian weapon is not that easy to predict where it will be....because it can alter its flightpath and avoid things.

it isn't the speed or even altitude...icbm's and conventional missiles have a more predictable trajectory, which allows for intercept.
the new russian weapon is not that easy to predict where it will be....because it can alter its flightpath and avoid things.
so do MIRVs.

Why can't Anonymous hack their system to change coordinates to where Putin sleeps .....

i think they are more vulnerable at the top of their trajectory, right?

i mean these have active detection and evasion systems, not programmed flight paths.

Not sure what's happening in this conversation but I saw MIRV and evasion. Here is a video showing a decoy system from 1988. Look at those sweet 3d GFX

But are they, really?

I think not.

Do the math.

We’d fuck up russia in a conventional and or nuclear conflict, and imo do a disproportionate amount of destruction to them in a nuclear exchange conpared to what they are capable of doing to the US and NATO. I base this on the likelihood a much larger amount of their ICBMs, SLBMs would malfunction in either boost, post boost or re-entey and/or simply miss their targets as well as our Virginias and two Seawolfs neutralizing some if not all of their Borei class boomers and other strategic sea-based launch platforms (Yasen subs and hypersonic nuclear tipped hgvs they may or may not have). Plus, GBI will be taking some out. Not to mention all other SEALSC assets/systems we have that are better, more lethal/effective and survivable than equivalent russian/chinese systems, as you point out.

The D5 Blk IIs are capable of holding eight W88s and/or W76 warheads however I believe the Navy currently only fills 20 of the Ohios’ 24 tubes and only keeps four W88s or W76s per missile, which is fucking retarded given their total payload capacity. Also i think they have started fielding the W76-2 to some Ohios, which is a lower and/or variable yield variant of the original W76 100kt warhead.

Not to mention the follow on Columbia class will only have 16 launch tubes and they are planning to build just 12 last time I read about the program. It will likely feature the D5 carrying some mix consisting of the W88, W76-1, W76-2 and future/planned W93.

If it were me, id build at least 20 Columbias and put all eight (or 14 which is their real max loadout) W88s on every missile and save that dial-a-yield/low yield shit for other platforms if we feel the need for flexible responses. Keep our boomers the doomsday weapons that they are. Besides no way Russia is actually adhering to Arms treaty obligations and China isn’t obligated at all.

Last edited:
Reactions: 308pirate