• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Kelbly Stolle Panda F Class rifle (6mm BR)

LRI

Lance Criminal
Minuteman
  • Mar 14, 2010
    Sturgis, S. Dakota
    www.longriflesinc.com
    For one of our dealers overseas.

Kelbly F Class
    GRS wood
    K&P barrel blank
    Jewel bang switch
    LRI brake
    LRI billet SS trigger guard (new!)
    LRI stock work and barrel fitting.

Fun little paper puncher.

1545163731335.png

1545163743605.png

1545163751347.png

1545163763337.png

1545163774882.png

1545163785645.png

1545163795570.png

1545163802913.png

1545163819913.png

1545163838109.png

Awesome looking work, the blending of the eschuchen looks flawless.
    What are you thoughts on braking in a new barrel and removing and sending it back for nitriding ?

It seems that most of your work has the stock / rear tang blended. Is there a reason this action sits down into the stock?

It seems that most of your work has the stock / rear tang blended. Is there a reason this action sits down into the stock?

A very good question.

Target stocks made of wood, be it laminate, or a single piece, typically have a fairly vertical grip profile. This creates a near impossible problem if one is to attempt to blend the tang. You end up with a pretty abrupt/strange appearance. The added complication is that the grain typically runs parallel to the recoil impulse. This shearing effect can literally split the stock in half right at the transition from tang to grip. One reason why we pin these things prior to bedding.

So, the compromise is to leave the "girth" alone. I do my best to elegantly fit the two by contouring the back half for the bolt shroud/handle and clearance the tang a little so that they go in/out without too much fuss.

Other examples:

1545197906363.png

1545197926387.png

1545197945301.png

Reactions: Bender
    What are you thoughts on braking in a new barrel and removing and sending it back for nitriding ?

It works I guess. I've never had a great deal of experience with it. When it first started coming onto the scene ten or so years ago we did a mess of em, but anymore I kind of think of it along the lines of cryogenics: A novelty.

I really wonder if it truly pencils out cost wise. Like I eluded to, I'm probably the worst person to ask. I'm very slow/reluctant to jump on wagons until they truly vette themselves. I've seen many a discussion where SBN is 50/50 on results.

Today's gun community is a whole lot different than 15 or 20 years ago. Anymore, sourcing a barrel is pretty easy and a lot of shops have gotten way better at faster turnarounds. We hold ourselves to 14 days, but routinely get them in/out in a week or less.

I personally feel that if a barrel settles down and runs the number, don't mess with it. Run it till it gives up the goods, then hang another one.

C.

As for the polish and fit. Just sent a PO for a new batch of form tools used for contouring the guard bow. I had one of these left and we wore it out good making our side bolt releases for M700's. I'm lucky I got as good a finish as I did making this trigger guard.

$1400.00 bucks later we solved that with some new tooling on order. Good as were close on a DBM, we'll use em for that too.

See here on how the guard bow came about for this thing:

https://www.snipershide.com/shooting/threads/trigger-guard.6916508/

It works I guess. I've never had a great deal of experience with it. When it first started coming onto the scene ten or so years ago we did a mess of em, but anymore I kind of think of it along the lines of cryogenics: A novelty.

I really wonder if it truly pencils out cost wise. Like I eluded to, I'm probably the worst person to ask. I'm very slow/reluctant to jump on wagons until they truly vette themselves. I've seen many a discussion where SBN is 50/50 on results.

Today's gun community is a whole lot different than 15 or 20 years ago. Anymore, sourcing a barrel is pretty easy and a lot of shops have gotten way better at faster turnarounds. We hold ourselves to 14 days, but routinely get them in/out in a week or less.

I personally feel that if a barrel settles down and runs the number, don't mess with it. Run it till it gives up the goods, then hang another one.

C.

Regarding the eschuchen work maybe I'm a tad wet being the ears but don't recall many blended and profiled to perfection like that. The majority I've seen are flat and inset on a single plane so ?nailed it in my book.
    The Q about nitride really comes from an anal fixation to have things match up to perfection but allways curious if I could get a little more millage out of my barrel.
    Figured you guys have gone down that road more than once and could throw some wisdome around.
    Cracked open a bottle of 12 year old Dalmore this evening and may be over thinking things a bit but you know the drill.

I wonder in which country are muzzle brakes legal for F class. Definitely not here, and I doubt Canada and the UK as well.