• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Kentucky Derby

Victory

Pagan Raider
Minuteman
Nov 14, 2005
Making bad guys nervous
So who made money and who lost it?

I hit the exacta and made out all right, and my buddy hit the trifecta. Numerous drinks were consumed afterwards.

Hope everyone else did well.

Reactions: Maggot
Re: Kentucky Derby

Didn't watch it nor bet on it. Although I watched the Mayweather/Mosley fight and died a little bit inside......again.

Kelly

Bet a whopping $96.00 and won $8000 on the 8th race on a Superfecta.
Won a trifecta for my father in law which got him $12,000.00

All in all it was a good day for a total of $106.00 spent on betting!

smile.gif

Reactions: deersniper

I began the weekend at the Spearmint Rhino in Lexington on Thursday, spent the majority of Friday on Baxter Ave at the Irish pubs, and then moved to the infield for Saturday. Lost $40 betting the 10 and 11 horses in the Derby, and much more than that on Juleps.

Overall good times. O'Sheah's on 2nd St kicks ass.

I am wondering WHY no one is asking why Maximum Security veered out from his lane. Could it be because the horse behind him ran right up his ass, hitting him in the groin and the back of his legs? Max had abrasions on the back of his legs after the race. If you were rear ended would you make a violent reaction to get out of the way too? The real offending horse did not have enough move to slide through and should have been the one to be disqualified?
Why didn't the stewards make an inquiry FIRST? Were they blind?
Why did the stewards wait for two other jockeys to file a complaint?
Why did the stewards refuse to talk to the press and explain their decision to the press after the two last races were run?
It seems to me that the stewards must have looked at some YouTube videos? What video did they really watch?
On Thursday, May 9, Max's owners turned over some video showing in HD detail what really happened!
Why haven't we heard about the results from that meeting?
The stewards are afraid of overturning their original decision because of the lawsuits the KY Racing Commission would get???
Max and the so called winner of the Derby will not meet in the Preakness and rightfully so, but hopefully the Belmont will show the world that Max was the true champion!!!

Reactions: DeadAss
I am wondering WHY no one is asking why Maximum Security veered out from his lane. Could it be because the horse behind him ran right up his ass, hitting him in the groin and the back of his legs? Max had abrasions on the back of his legs after the race. If you were rear ended would you make a violent reaction to get out of the way too? The real offending horse did not have enough move to slide through and should have been the one to be disqualified?
Why didn't the stewards make an inquiry FIRST? Were they blind?
Why did the stewards wait for two other jockeys to file a complaint?
Why did the stewards refuse to talk to the press and explain their decision to the press after the two last races were run?
It seems to me that the stewards must have looked at some YouTube videos? What video did they really watch?
On Thursday, May 9, Max's owners turned over some video showing in HD detail what really happened!
Why haven't we heard about the results from that meeting?
The stewards are afraid of overturning their original decision because of the lawsuits the KY Racing Commission would get???
Max and the so called winner of the Derby will not meet in the Preakness and rightfully so, but hopefully the Belmont will show the world that Max was the true champion!!!

My only guess to your valid questions is that at time you just have to go with the ref's(or whatever he is in racing) decision. I watched the whole NCAA basketball championship and there were a lot of bad or missed calls. Like one when Virginia's Ty Jerome lost the ball and double dribbled... but no one mentioned that the guy guarding him had been fouling all over the place.

Just times you just move on.

My only guess to your valid questions is that at time you just have to go with the ref's(or whatever he is in racing) decision. I watched the whole NCAA basketball championship and there were a lot of bad or missed calls. Like one when Virginia's Ty Jerome lost the ball and double dribbled... but no one mentioned that the guy guarding him had been fouling all over the place.

Just times you just move on.

I am fully prepared to move on, but not in the middle of dispute. It needs to be carried out to it's natural conclusion. If the KY Racing Commission doesn't answer some of these queries, then the courts should make them.

I am fully prepared to move on, but not in the middle of dispute. It needs to be carried out to it's natural conclusion. If the KY Racing Commission doesn't answer some of these queries, then the courts should make them.

Understood. I guess mu point/idea is the owner/jockey needed to move on. I cant imagine that they will declare a different winner weeks later. THat would be like going back and saying Auburn beat Virginia because of the missed foul.

But in this world one never knows.

New evidence comes up all the time in criminal court cases including ones where a suspect was found guilty and sentenced to a long prison term. Sometimes these cases get overturned or the original charges dropped and the suspect set free!
Ann Oldfather the lawyer for Max Security owners and Saenz the jockey is the one who had the video showing how War of Will did not have enough room to go between Max and the next horse to the right. War of Will ended up clipping Max and even hitting him in the groin. It was very clear in her video that she presented to the Stewards on Thursday. Obviously they continued to hold their position because today they said that Saenz was suspended.
Next step I am sure will be a court case! The public needs to see the truth.
Sorry I did not get the link for the video...

Agreed. the truth should always be primary.

What Im thinking is even with a great tape, would the situation have guaranteed a different outcome? Between the bump and the end of the race a lot could happen. I really doubt there will be sufficient evidence to overturn it, but there is nothing lost is seeing all the evidence.

It would be a bookies nightmare, LOL.

TRAGEDY in Kentucky: The latest hearing resulted in four jockeys saying that Saenz did nothing wrong, yet he STILL got suspended for FIFTEEN DAYS, effectively putting him out of the Belmont as suspensions apply across state lines.
The stewards completely ignored the fact that Max Security was clipped 3-5 times from behind and was probably the reason why MAX veered away...
Such an injustice which hopefully can be righted, eventually in the courts!

Understood. I guess mu point/idea is the owner/jockey needed to move on. I cant imagine that they will declare a different winner weeks later. THat would be like going back and saying Auburn beat Virginia because of the missed foul.

That's backwards (and I'm an AU grad). What actually HAPPENED in the Derby IS what is analogous to your scenario. Max actually crossed the finish line first, just as Virginia won on the scoreboard. They DID take away the win from the horse, but not from Virginia. It's not that hard for AU to move on because we weren't the winner on the board and a win was not reversed. It's just a missed foul that would have made a difference. The horse won the race at the line and they called a "foul" and gave it to another horse. THAT is the same as your scenario, not giving the win back to Max. If AU had beat Virginia on the board and had it reversed on a questionable foul, we would find it much harder to move on, just as y'all would if they did it to Virginia now.

Reactions: Maggot
That's backwards (and I'm an AU grad). What actually HAPPENED in the Derby IS what is analogous to your scenario. Max actually crossed the finish line first, just as Virginia won on the scoreboard. They DID take away the win from the horse, but not from Virginia. It's not that hard for AU to move on because we weren't the winner on the board and a win was not reversed. It's just a missed foul that would have made a difference. The horse won the race at the line and they called a "foul" and gave it to another horse. THAT is the same as your scenario, not giving the win back to Max. If AU had beat Virginia on the board and had it reversed on a questionable foul, we would find it much harder to move on, just as y'all would if they did it to Virginia now.

Condolences on your loss, it was a hell of a game and could have gone either way. Youve got to admit those 3 free throws at the end were icewater. We're losing 3 starters to the draft, Jerome, Guy, and Hunter, and maybe D'Akite, so there will be some rebuilding to do at Virginia.

Fair enough on the Derby. Youve followed it a lot closer than I.

The outcome will be interesting.

I bet a lot of bookies have really tight sphincters right now.

Last edited: