• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

KRG Whiskey 3 Chassis-Let's See Them

For you guys running Tikkas, any issues using AICS factory mags in the Whiskey-3 chassis?

Factory mags, like Accuracy International made AICS mags?
If so, then yes the proper steel mags work with no issues. Had that set up for about a year, sold it to a friend and it has been fine all along. He has been running it for the last 5 years now.

Curtis Vector, Bartlein 8 twist, 6.5cm, Jewell trigger, accurate mag, Nx8 4-32

Attachments

• C58471B6-A90F-4D33-9E17-9AD6F4B1C357.jpeg
    C58471B6-A90F-4D33-9E17-9AD6F4B1C357.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 354
Factory mags, like Accuracy International made AICS mags?
If so, then yes the proper steel mags work with no issues. Had that set up for about a year, sold it to a friend and it has been fine all along. He has been running it for the last 5 years now.

Correct. I would just buy AICS brand mags. Magpuls would be nice but KRG says they don’t work with Tikkas.

Reactions: LeftyJason
Stiller TAC 338 chilling in the KRG whiskey 3.

Attachments

• DD2FB5EA-26C5-4CB3-B844-F9FDE519B098.jpeg
    DD2FB5EA-26C5-4CB3-B844-F9FDE519B098.jpeg
    229.5 KB · Views: 361
  • 7137B6CE-41BD-4569-B393-BF6A544344CF.jpeg
    7137B6CE-41BD-4569-B393-BF6A544344CF.jpeg
    327 KB · Views: 373
Reactions: VargmatII
No problems with KRG AICS mags...

So no rough movement when the bolt feeds the rounds? I had one of the first Manners PRS stocks with the AICS bottom and I had to send them my gun because it wouldn’t feed. Still was rough after they adjusted it.

I am on the wait list for a Whiskey 3 in Sako Green, folding stock. I will give the Tikka one more try. Otherwise I’m going to buy a damn AI AT to train with. I’ll buy a Steyr Scout for a lightweight hunting rifle.

Reactions: TacticalPlinker
So no rough movement when the bolt feeds the rounds? I had one of the first Manners PRS stocks with the AICS bottom and I had to send them my gun because it wouldn’t feed. Still was rough after they adjusted it.

I am on the wait list for a Whiskey 3 in Sako Green, folding stock. I will give the Tikka one more try. Otherwise I’m going to buy a damn AI AT to train with. I’ll buy a Steyr Scout for a lightweight hunting rifle.

I haven't haven't installed a Whiskey 3 on any Tikkas, but they're all the same backbone and trigger guards assembly. Have used two Bravo's and one X-ray on 3 separate Tikkas using MDT mags and save for a couple mags needing lip openings tweaked a bit for one of them, no feeding concerns after that. Whiskey 3 on both my Nukes haven't had any issues.

So with the W3 I've never had a problem feeding mags smoothly once you adjust the mag well alignment built into the chassis. It's pretty simple to do. No problems whatsoever feeding all 10

Maybe I missed it but are you any of you running the W3 folder left handed? Is it a problem? I'm wondering if the folding mechanism get in the way of anything. Thanks.

So with the W3 I've never had a problem feeding mags smoothly once you adjust the mag well alignment built into the chassis. It's pretty simple to do. No problems whatsoever feeding all 10
This magwell alignment you speak of, I've been searching online for days trying to find how to do it. I have a KRG SOTIC rifle in the W3 and recently started having issues with the AICS mags having too much play in the well. (as in, 1/4 inch of movement up and down after latching, causing nosedives while feeding.) The SOTIC manual doesn't include any mag adjustment instructions.

Tried two mags, one is Accurate Mag and the other is KRG and it's driving me insane. Never had the issue before for 2 years of owning it, and this last session I was getting ready to destroy the entire rig. Nothing changed on the rifle from the previous week, never dropped, rifle is never rested on the mag....I see no adjustment screws, the latch is not broken off or anything....there is just way too much movement. Mag doesn't fall, it still latches fine, but it "sinks" enough to barely strip a round and making it nosedive into the front lip of the magazine. I haven't removed the action yet, trying to avoid it since it's perfectly zeroed but will do if necessary.

Did you try this?
"Insert a magazine to test for fit, the forend can be moved forward or backward a small amount to adjust the magazine fit. Additionally, the trigger guard can be moved a small amount as well if necessary, this will require removal of the barreled action."

Reactions: LANCER
Did you try this?
"Insert a magazine to test for fit, the forend can be moved forward or backward a small amount to adjust the magazine fit. Additionally, the trigger guard can be moved a small amount as well if necessary, this will require removal of the barreled action."
Thanks I will try that. Did these instructions come with the chassis? I've never seen them.

Reactions: TacT-MecH
Yes. I quoted it verbatim from an installation instruction on KRG website. Also, another option is a little widget from Short Action Custom (SAC). Only works for W3 Gen 5 and earlier. Here is a link to it:
And instruction to install it:

Hope that helps.

Yes. I quoted it verbatim from an installation instruction on KRG website. Also, another option is a little widget from Short Action Custom (SAC). Only works for W3 Gen 5 and earlier. Here is a link to it:
And instruction to install it:

Hope that helps.

Thank you sir, I've made the adjustments and it appears that when I installed the ARCA plate on the bottom I may have allowed some forward movement on the handguard, but the trigger guard itself seems to have moved "down", increasing space between the mag catch and action enough to cause the wobble. Strange, because the guard screws were tight, but made a full adjustment of all areas and it seems like it may work now. There is no play but it still feeds.
I should have gone to KRG site and downloaded W3 instructions rather than trying to find SOTIC directions.
Thanks again.

Reactions: TacticalPlinker
Thank you sir, I've made the adjustments and it appears that when I installed the ARCA plate on the bottom I may have allowed some forward movement on the handguard, but the trigger guard itself seems to have moved "down", increasing space between the mag catch and action enough to cause the wobble. Strange, because the guard screws were tight, but made a full adjustment of all areas and it seems like it may work now. There is no play but it still feeds.
I should have gone to KRG site and downloaded W3 instructions rather than trying to find SOTIC directions.
Thanks again.
I'm sorry I did not get a chance to reach out to you sooner. Been working like a dog. But it looks like you figured it out. The Short Action Customs Mag Block looks pretty cool though.

That is a badass paint scheme! Branden does great work, and I love that it's a topography map!

Is the topography map of a specific place that means something to you, or is it pretty random?

Its completely random. I came up the scheme and told him "something like this". He knocked it out a the park.

Reactions: kthomas
Re: KRG Whiskey 3 Chassis-Let's See Them

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Operator74656</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
6956601844_5a1e3d05dc_c.jpg

6956601254_2c89aab6ef_c.jpg
</div></div>

Needs more dirt... Those bipod feet are way too clean
Otherwise, very attractive.
I just want to say that I saw this build on the cover photo of a YouTube video and I bought a Whiskey 3 the next day. I was a click away from buying a Nucleus gen2 rifle and an hour later, I saw this very same rifle, with this sweet 2 tone, and I backed out and bought the KRG. Thank you.

So I’m going to be dropping a Bergara barreled action into a Whiskey-3 here soon. It’s going to be used with a PVS-30 for nighttime predator hunting.

I'm trying to figure out how tall the rail is on the enclosed forearm compared to a typical 20moa base (steel Nightforce, in my case). I’ve got my scope currently sitting in 1.375” tall rings and worried they won’t be tall enough to properly align with the PVS-30 if the handguard rail is significantly taller than the receiver base.

Anyone hopefully have some experience with a similar setup that can help a brother out? It would be greatly appreciated.

Does anyone know the weight of their gen6 W3 with enclosed forend and xl arca rail? I was planing on running this on my hunting rifle this year, but it’s coming out about 1.5lbs more than it should (based on advertised weights for everything).

View attachment 7594519

Dunno about the weight, but that thing is dope.

Reactions: SonoranPrecision
These enclosed for ends should have arca rail machined into them. At this point, KRG is the only company that doesn't have chassis with it integrated. They just just being greedy trying to charge more for their accessories. I do love the krg chassis, I have a whiskey and a bravo, but come on, arca is life anymore........
Look at the whiskey 3 competition. Arca comes standard.

I'm sorry I did not get a chance to reach out to you sooner. Been working like a dog. But it looks like you figured it out. The Short Action Customs Mag Block looks pretty cool though.
No worries, I got it figured out finally. I was going through my files, and saw that I had captured video of the problem, and at the time, I was blaming the poor AICS mags. Still got some good hits though but this would be extremely frustrating for someone in a competition.

Reactions: Longshot231
So did you just buy the butt stock? I thought the w3 only came in ai mags not the ctr mags. I’m wanting do this also so any insight would be awesome.
I think it is just W3 skins but the chassis backbone is still that of a Bravo which comes in both CTR and AICS version.

Reactions: K80/6.5
I think it is just W3 skins but the chassis backbone is still that of a Bravo which comes in both CTR and AICS version.
My bad, I have a KRG W3 in Tikka CTR and I had to shave the polymer mag well a little bit.

Reactions: K80/6.5
So did you just buy the butt stock? I thought the w3 only came in ai mags not the ctr mags. I’m wanting do this also so any insight would be awesome.
Yes, the TRG folding buttstock bolts right on to the back of the CTR mag version bravo.

@charnicus

If I knew you could pull off a paint job like that, I would've just sent you my whole W3, let you swap the rears, and have you paint mine too! Looks good! Glad that folder found a happy home.

Reactions: charnicus
@charnicus

If I knew you could pull off a paint job like that, I would've just sent you my whole W3, let you swap the rears, and have you paint mine too! Looks good! Glad that folder found a happy home.
Haha you and me both! I’d still paint em for you if you sent me the plastic goods. I’ve got another backbone to secure everything onto.