• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Labradar availability

DDGKunia

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Mar 25, 2021
Hawaii
Hey guys, so I took out my v3 chronograph today and no matter what I did I couldn't get it to read. This is the third time it has crapped out on me and I'm ready to be done with it.

As I'm looking around it looks like a labradar is the ticket, but everywhere is showing 12 week plus lead time. Is there a problem with the production? Maybe a new version I should just wait for? If there isn't an issue do you have any hide vendors that you'd recommend? Being in Hawaii we only have 1 reloading shop and they don't carry them.

Thank you,
Jeff

if your having problems with the magneto speed have you tried calling them my box went dead for mine and within a phone call one day and a 20 min drive they replaced 4 magneto speed t1000's and the box one the spot I called that great customer service they took back the old broken items and replaced them with new ones . If you are just trying to get a labradar I can't fault you they seem really nice but I have seen many people that had problems with them as well they also just contacted the complany and got there problems handled . Best of luck either way .

Reactions: LR1845
If you've been happy with the MS, call them as suggested.

I have a LabRadar and have been very satisfied with it - but, there is a learning curve during which frustration can run high, especially on cluttered or indoor ranges where radar beam scatter/reflection can complicate getting readings and nearby discharges trigger the thing. In fact, if a potential buyer is limited to such a range, I'd probably recommend MS over LR.

LabRadar seems to have zero inclination to upgrade anything, so I doubt a new version is in the offing. Currently, MS and LR are the only choices out there beyond the cheap optical models, and the LR works as it is - not much incentive to innovate.

I am in the reverse situation, my Labradar has been a pain in the ass for the last 6 months, I have a recoil trigger only triggers every 5th shot.
Does not work at all without trigger. changed SD card, checked the firmware.
So many shooters here in the UK have sold or junked them.
Used to work now it's an expensive piece of plastic junk, I have done nothing different.
Gone back to a Magneto Speed, picks up every shot.
Just goes to show the grass is not always greener!

I am in the reverse situation, my Labradar has been a pain in the ass for the last 6 months, I have a recoil trigger only triggers every 5th shot.
Does not work at all without trigger. changed SD card, checked the firmware.
So many shooters here in the UK have sold or junked them.
Used to work now it's an expensive piece of plastic junk, I have done nothing different.
Gone back to a Magneto Speed, picks up every shot.
Just goes to show the grass is not always greener!
Is your trigger sensitivity/level set at the most sensitive setting (1)? What kind of firearm are you using it with?

Also @OP not to add insult to injury but the only thing I was able to find online was GunBroker $925 starting bid. Seems like you'll just have to wait if you want one for a normal price. My friends V3 took a shit multiple times too so that's why he upgraded, but perhaps you can get it fixed under warranty to hold you over until they're back in stock.

Thanks for the all the info guys. I remember hearing Caldwell was developing a radar, wonder if it'll be any good.
I guess I'll keep messing with the MS. Just to add info, I have it on a wiser mount. I kinda think my mount keeps moving. The clamps they supply are trash. I'll upgrade the clamps and think I'll hard mount to the rod. If I get back out soon I'll update.
There's only one range here so it's a pain to go shoot.

Thanks again. Here is my boo boo from the weekend. May have been 2 grains above max....

Attachments

• IMG_20211128_170117.jpg
    IMG_20211128_170117.jpg
    467.3 KB · Views: 61
Might try getting on some notification lists.. I also saw the same 12 week waiting time so I got on every out of stock notification list I could and within a couple weeks I got a notification email from Midsouth Shooters, I jumped on it and received my Labradar last week.