• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Labradar doppler chronograph

i wouldn't be at all surprised if there having trouble with FCC approval being it has a transmitter in it ?

I'm about out of patience on this. If I don't hear something soon I'll be going with a magnetospeed

I'm about out of patience on this. If I don't hear something soon I'll be going with a magnetospeed

I think I would too. As good as the Labradar may be according to it's claims, you still have a unit "downrange". Neat thing about a Magnetospeed is you don't need a ceasefire if you're using a public range for load workup. No equipment to get wet if you're shooting from "cover" on a rainy day either.

For calculating my own BC's I'd like to see someone come up with a WiFi interface that could be used with a cheapie Shooting Chrony. Set it up at my target and have the speeds sent back to my PC for comparison with the close in chronograph.

Pretty sure this thing sits up by the shooter. ... at least that is how it's portrayed in all the pictures I've seen of it in use.

I stand corrected. I found this on their site.

Place LabRadar beside the shooter, point towards the target and you’re ready to go.

Would be interesting to see if it's all as they say after there are a few hundred units in the field. That's the real test.

I stand corrected. I found this on their site.

Would be interesting to see if it's all as they say after there are a few hundred units in the field. That's the real test.

Problem is they still need to get a product out the door first(not sure if it's an FCC issue like previously mentioned, but I wouldn't doubt it). Once they can do that, and people get a chance to play with it...(beyond a couple of reviewers receiving samples). Until then, it's unfortunately vaporware.

Guys, I signed up as a dealer as well - and I am in the same boat as you are. I carry the MagnetoSpeeds as well and soon as I can get one of these to run them side by side I will post the information !

If you get tired of waiting and have to have a MagnetoSpeed - give me a shout - I am sure you can move it if you need to later - and heck I may even do a trade in program like my current V1/V2 -> V3 program:

http://www.snipershide.com/shooting...597-trade-your-magnetospeed-v1-v2-new-v3.html

I want to be clear. I think the product they are claiming to be bringing to market is awesome. However, like many companies who roll out demos on products not yet ready for distribution the reality that it may never come to market or when it does it will be dramatically less than originally proposed due to costs and logistics is real.
Waiting around to buy the "what if" instead of the tool available that works get's old.
I really hope they can bring this to market at the price range they are suggesting.

Dies anyone know of the actual "limited" release in June happened??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Vp H cmhb

Why not? People won't be spending much time in front of these low-power units. You're subjected to more radiation due to time of exposure when you take a 6 hour plane trip.

Dead shot, I am on a plane ride right now. I get plenty of radiation everyday as it is.

Well I've given up hope on this as I spoke with a gentleman over the weekend and they can't get fcc approval on the unit so I purchased a new magneto speed

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk Pro

Well I've given up hope on this as I spoke with a gentleman over the weekend and they can't get fcc approval on the unit so I purchased a new magneto speed

Bummer for them. I hope they can get it worked out.

Cannot get FCC approval as in this is over the limit allowed, or as in currently having difficulties with approval?

Have they scraped the project? Forgive me for not knowing the FCC rules, but wouldn't they need approval before building the prototype?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cannot get FCC approval as in this is over the limit allowed, or as in currently having difficulties with approval?

Have they scraped the project? Forgive me for not knowing the FCC rules, but wouldn't they need approval before building the prototype?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

From my naive understanding of the FCC, it's pay to play. Anything that requires gov approval (FDA, FCC, etc.) generally requires jumping through a lot of bureaucratic hoops to push through and subsequently lawyers and lobbyists.

You can develop anything RF, especially if you have a shielded test lab where you're not putting energy out into the environment and they have ISM bands which are supposed to be for open use.

I think this was a CW system, so it shouldn't require much bandwidth, and I too am curious what the deal is.

They are a Canadian company that currently manufactures radar chronographs, if I remember correctly.

I should have added, it aint their first rodeo. They knew what they had to do and maybe they underestimated the US FCC.

From my naive understanding of the FCC, it's pay to play. Anything that requires gov approval (FDA, FCC, etc.) generally requires jumping through a lot of bureaucratic hoops to push through and subsequently lawyers and lobbyists.

You can develop anything RF, especially if you have a shielded test lab where you're not putting energy out into the environment and they have ISM bands which are supposed to be for open use.

I think this was a CW system, so it shouldn't require much bandwidth, and I too am curious what the deal is.

The issues with any device that radiates any RF energy is muli-faceted. It has to stay within assigned frequencies and not interfere with other communications or electronic devices. It can only operate at a low power level without the requirement for a unit or site license. For example, WiFi devices don't require licensing unless they exceed 1,000 MW.

In order for a "radar" unit to be effective on a small object it takes enough of a "return". In order to get this reliably I am guessing that they don't have enough power to get the return when the unit is tested in the "dirty" environment where lots of other interference is present.

I'm pretty sure that the commercial units are higher powered, and thus licensed units, or the receiver is more discriminatory thus ignoring interference. That's often what adds a huge amount to the price.

If looking for a setup that allows for calculating your own BC's using multiple speed readings at distance it would be cheaper to use WiFi enabled chronographs.

I'm still going to hold out a bit longer! FCC can make the ATF seem like a dream to deal with.

FCC rumors are false guys. Dunno where they came from.

This is from the horse's mouth.

My guess is... someone called, and was told about FCC delays.

Realizing that went public, and murdered their chances of people waiting for the product... they had a meeting and formed a unified message. That message will be received by any inquirers going forward.

This is second hand but I spoke with one of Barrets head guys last weekend and he was talking with the guys who builds these and said the FCC has not and probably will not approve the sale of them here in the states

This is second hand but I spoke with one of Barrets head guys last weekend and he was talking with the guys who builds these and said the FCC has not and probably will not approve the sale of them here in the states.

If true, then some people will have to acquire them in Canada. They have Starbucks there, don't they? Coffee time!

If the fcc does mot approve them for sale here in the states, is it legal to go get one in Canada and bring it back? Im in Michigan so this might be feasible if its legal. Would hate to have it confiscated at the border.

If you can't legally bring back the chocolate eggs with toys in the middle, I'm guessing you can't bring these back either.

All these assumptions are amusing. Lets see.............. it's a Canadian company that sells Doppler Radar systems all over the world. (see their website Redirection en htm). Do you really think they are stupid enough to invest a boatload of money, introduce it at Shot Show, keep a webpage up, explained in a newsletter that they are running behind due to a key employee who got sick and was off 3 months, and not know if it will pass FCC testing before they started? Apparently someone talked to the horses mouth, and they said Labradar is still alive. Why would they lie? I guess we will wait and see in a few months when "Fall 2014" is over to see if they have any working units that are available. My bet is on them, not the rumor mill.
Remember what Dragnet Joe Friday says........Nothing but the facts mam.

If the fcc does mot approve them for sale here in the states, is it legal to go get one in Canada and bring it back? Im in Michigan so this might be feasible if its legal. Would hate to have it confiscated at the border.

If you get across you border with it, I'll be interested in buying one from you.

LabRadar

As Dragnets Joe Friday says................"Nothing but the facts mam". I think they know what they are doing, check out their other products, Redirection en htm. They have been in business a long time so obviously they know how to deal with the FCC and the government bureaucrats. Don't you think they would know it would pass FCC before they even thought about introducing it. They sent a news letter that said one of the key guys got deadly ill and missed 3 months of work and is slowly recovering. I'm on the list to buy one, You doubters will have to wait and keep using your sun dials to get velocities while I operate in the space age. :)

Response I received when I asked about rumors saying FCC would not approve:

" Completely FALSE. Complete speculation by someone who does not know anything about the products development.

It is still on schedule to be released this Fall, so standby, it will be great."

In the absence of light, there will be darkness. People speculating and spreading untruths in the light of the companies public silence, is to be completely expected, and can easily be dispelled by some direct communication.

My source which is very reputable had spoken to these people directly and told me they are having issues getting the product passed thru the FCC
As they are interested in the unit for testing there own ammo and new cartridge designs. Source is lead purchaser for Barrett firearms for what it's worth