• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Larue 308 AR

arnie19

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 11, 2011
Ca.
I didn't get to talk to the guy much but he said his 308 AR has a spring on the firing firing pin and its not an Armalite but said it was a dpms style made by Larue . Any one have one of these to confirm or any other dpms type BCG with a spring on the firing pin ? Arnie

My LaRue does have a spring on the firing pin, I believe it is to reduce the likelihood of a slam fire.

Travclem , is the spring on your LaRue in the back area of the firing pin or up front on the bolt head itself . The reason I ask is I was having slam fire problems and even a double tap .I found a spring that fits in the channel under the extractor where the firing pin runs .The firing pin fits in the spring and it seems to have cured my slam fire problem . LaRue doesn't have much of a web sight so I cant look at there parts break down or even see where I could order parts . Arnie

Normal. It reduces the possibility of a sympathetic primer strike when loading, I believe. I'm not a LaRue armorer, though.

The spring is on the back end of my firing pin.

Like so. (Not my pic)
0011.jpg

That's a Armalite firing pin which was causing my slam fires because it didn't have a spring on it .I cant put one on it unless I get an Armalite carrier which I guess has more room for the spring .