• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Night Vision Lens covers for pvs/12 Aquila 6x

niteshooter

Private
Minuteman
Mar 28, 2014
Victoria, TX
I was going to buy an Aquila 6x scope from a hunting acquaintance but the rear lens cover is lost and the front one is trashed. Tied on with string. Guy is pretty hard on his shit.
My search for replacements was unsuccessful and I'm not buying it as is.
Any suggestions where to look.
Ive already talked with TNVC, L3, and some outfit from Georgia that rebuilds night vision who's name currently escapes me. Pete something comes to mind.
Any other suggestions?

Im kind of thinking he'll with it. Get a pvs-14 or thermal something. Already have a pvs-22 and kind of moved on from dedicated scopes. Been there done that with those one trick pony's.
That Aquila was a bad sob to glass long range before I sold it to him 2 years ago. A little sentimental value/sellers remorse; but life and technology moves on I guess.
Anybody else been there done that care to throw their $.02 in on the matter.

Get a thermal for hunting.
. If the price is right who cares about the lens covers. I would think you could find some eventually.

The price is good. AR + scope for slightly less than a new pvs-14. No warranties though. Repair capability hard to find if at all. Hence my indecision.
butler creek caps and the like obviously don't go large enough.
Maybe something for large camera telephoto lenses.

I don't know exact outer Diam. of the Aguila-6 Obj. ? .. 100mm + size, Obj. cover similar to maybe.. Raptor6 or maybe SIMRAD, in size . ?
( make your own ) ..You might even cross reference over and then you you can Macgyver and prefab. one off of 'camera' 100mm ( Lens Hood or Cover ) . I would just look on ebay or amazon for one cheep-$ .

Ya. I understand well the sentimental value thing .. the Aguila6, similar like Raptor6 was a badass for image clarity . getting one worked on is a bitch, and ( at least for Raptor) I was told that you have to remove and enter the units threw the front Obj. Lens for replacement of tubes.etc.

I "think"........the aguila, the raptor, and the nighthawk, 6X night vision scopes all had the same objective lens rubber covers and eyepiece rubbers. Please someone chime in if I am wrong. I just picked up a 6X raptor off another site in the equipment exchange. The guy had just replaced the eyepiece and obj cover with brand new stock. The obj cover looks very similar to the cover on a AN/PVS 27 MUNS objective but not sure if they are same size though. One of the night vision companies has picked up the raptor line and is now offering them under yet another name, called the talon mark 2 I think. Maybe they are selling the covers there. Oh well hope that helped a little.

“THE” man to call for things like this is Mr. Ed Wilcox. He is a walking encyclopedia for I2 and probably knows where to get the caps from if he doesn’t have them laying on his desk.

Jay