• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Leupold MK4 - MOA to MILs factory conversion.

Re: Leupold MK4 - MOA to MILs factory conversion.

Why don't they just come up with an MOA reticle, that seems like an easy thing to do. They could take the TMR and make it MOA. Just a thouth.

There are LEO's in 6.5-20 MIL/MIL ILL. with TMR ret for under $1200 on sale right now......thinking of snagging one myself. Derek

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Derek Myers</div><div class="ubbcode-body">There are LEO's in 6.5-20 MIL/MIL ILL. with TMR ret for under $1200 on sale right now......thinking of snagging one myself. Derek </div></div>

Link please?

I spoke to a design engineer the other day at Leupold. He knew all about the m5 knob. He said new mk4's will have then this spring. The conversion will not be available for a year.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: oneswithfunes</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I spoke to a design engineer the other day at Leupold. He knew all about the m5 knob. He said new mk4's will have then this spring. The conversion will not be available for a year. </div></div>
Just to resurrect this thread:
Anyone else hearing/heard this?

fired off an email to leupy about this a few hours ago, we'll see...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RKBA</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> we'll see... </div></div>
.....what answer the tech that replies will pull from the "Leupold Wheel of Inconistent Information" this time?
laugh.gif

big money, big money, no whammie! STOP!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sobrbiker883</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RKBA</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> we'll see... </div></div>
.....what answer the tech that replies will pull from the "Leupold Wheel of Inconistent Information" this time?
laugh.gif

</div></div>

sobrbiker,

Inconsistent Information, from Leupold; surely you jest; Here's a live shot of a Leupold Tech hard at work:

630246613_f26231e91c-1.jpg

^^^LOL! Haha, matches my experience with them to a tee, sadly!
frown.gif

through the course of 2 emails here is what i was told...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The Metric/Mil adjustment scopes are available at the end of April.

Click "Order Catalog" under "Contact Us" on www.leupold.com to get the most up to date specs sent to you. </div></div>

and

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Engineering for retrofits is under study. We expect to hear something in 2011.</div></div>

at least they have a team working on the roll out date for the retrofit:
ouija_board.jpg

Called Leupold today and was told that the new m5 1 click=0.1 Mil turrets will be on a 1.1x8x36 and 8.5x25x50 ER/T ffp comming out in June 2010 $2300.00 and retro fit next year, unknown cost infro. The retro will be done with all new clicks and m5 caps.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">...1 click=1 m turrets...</div></div>

That's a rather coarse adjustment.

I think the M5 turrents are actually 0.1 mil, which is 1 cm at a distance of 100 meters, and 3.6 inches at 1000 yards.

But I wish people would just get used to referring them in milliradians.

Not sure if you're just using light-hearted sarcasm or not Lindy, but I think he just missed the "c" key when he typed "1 m" for the adjustment, LOL.

And I agree, just use 0.1mil when referring to the adjustment per click. There's enough stuff that's not standardized in this hobby/industry that it really takes a while for a new shooter to sort through it all. Doh!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Savageman110</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Called Leupold today and was told that the new m5 1 click=1 m turrets will be on a 1.1x8x36 and 8.5x25x50 ER/T ffp comming out in June 2010 $2300.00 and retro fit next year, unknown cost infro. The retro will be done with all new clicks and m5 caps. </div></div>

Holy mother of god! they want $2300 for a FFP mil/mil Suckpold? They are dreaming if they think anyone is going to pay that ammount when there is USO and NF for the same price (or less)

Anybody know anything new on this?