• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Rifle Scopes leupold service activity

yotechsr

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 16, 2008
beyond
I have a leupy 3x9x40 that never seemed to hold a zero. I sent it back for inspection around Nov 14th and just got it back today. Not a bad turn around anyhow, trying to figure out what actually was done without assuming anything. This is what I got <span style="font-weight: bold"> </span>
Service activity: <span style="font-style: italic"> </span> reinstalled erector system and mechanical inspection
and two pictures of reticles. One with (adjustments received) with a 22 over top vertical and one with a 2 next to right horizontal
The other just states total travel adjustment ranging between 29-33 so did they just recalibrate it? Problems fixd or the best you get with a leupy rifleman? Thanks

Re: leupold service activity

I just got the same type of letter from them.

I sent a VX3 because it was sending bullets every where. My letter states they reworked the erector and inspected scope.

I had to do a search to see what an erector was. Now I know. I learn something new every day hanging around here.

I still have to take it out and see if its works.

I am surprised it took them that long to get the scope back to you. A few years ago, I sent in a scope to have target turrets and a mildot reticle installed. Had it back in ONE week. I guess they are backed up.

Some people have had issues with Leupold CS, but I have had great results.

David

This is the only one I have had trouble with. I have an older vx II that is solid, vx 3 that really isnt proven yet and a mark 4 thats been great. No worries I put the rifleman on a RWS air rifle. Between the upredictable nature of the pellets and the scope they should cancel eachother out and make a good neighborhood rabbit sniper!