• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Rifle Scopes Leupold VX-3, other options. Need Target turrets.

Jeeprider

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 26, 2010
PA
So I bought a Leupold VX-3 6.5-20 40mm LR with the varmint hunter reticle. It's a great scope, but I just don't dig the turrets. I like to dial and want something with open turrets and audible clicks. I have the closed (standard) turrets on mine and not fond of them kind of a pain. I do get the VH reticle has the different hash marks so you don't have to really dial, but still. Any suggestions on other scope looking in the $500-800 range. This is on a .223 used for groundhogs and paper punching prefer thin reticles with hash marks or fine mildots. Thanks in advance!

Re: Leupold VX-3, other options. Need Target turrets.

SIII new 6-24x50. You can get the MOA or MIL reticale. They are SFP.

John

I've got the exact scope on my Remington 700 in .223, and I want to change the turrets to exposed m3. Have you contacted Leupold to see if they can change the turrets? I just have not had the time my self to call yet.

I'd call the Leupold custom shop: chances are they can change the turrets for you.

If you got a good enough deal on the scope, and are happy with it otherwise, send it into Leupold for M1s and a TMR. I should be getting the exact scope back from the custom shop anytime now. Cost for the upgrades was $290 I believe.

Fisky do you recall the price just for the turrets?

$60 each for elevation and windage. Not sure what labor is for just a turret retrofit; maybe $10-$20.

I know that they will install the M1 turrets on the VX3's but I'm not sure about the M3 turrets. Also like posted above me I would also look at getting a TMR reticle installed. That varmint was not a liking of mine at all when I had that scope.

Aron-