• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

LH Savage action

younggun22

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 31, 2009
IL
Anybody know where I can find a left hand savage SA with a .308 bolt face? Would really prefer just the action and barrel nut, but would maybe look at a barreled action.

I checked all the usual spots, no luck.

I also checked out savage but they only show the single shot target action.

Re: LH Savage action

You're going down the same road I went down last year. Savage wouldn't sell me an action or barreled action. I had to buy a complete rifle and then spend some extra money on a good stock to get rid of the non-accustock (tupperware).

In case your interested in stock options for lefties. I had stockade gunstocks build one for my .22-250 it was significantly less money than the other options. I couldn't justify spending $500 plus on a, primarily, prarie dog rifle. I just ordered a Mcmillan for my Savage model 10 FLCP-K. Mcmillan and Manners had no problem building a lefty stock. All you have to do is pay for the stock and wait 3 to 4 months.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: orion2000</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just curious... What chambering are you planning to build ? </div></div>

might do a .308 or a .260.

HTG or similar type stock with flush cups and rail
CDI bottom metal
Atlas bipod
Leupold mark 4 10x
barrel length will depend on caliber

Its gonna be my all around rifle

Savage model 10 FLCP-K. Order your stock of choice, have it inleted for your bottom metal and shoot the hell out of it.

That's what I did and it is MY all around rifle. No complaints about that rifle. It sucks that you have to buy a complete rifle, I know, but that is the only way I could get it done in a timely fashion.