• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Lightest pull AR Trigger ?

Baddog0302

Private
Minuteman
Mar 14, 2014
A real PITA is going from my 700's 8 oz trigger to a 4# trigger on my RRA AR. My question is who makes a trigger, and which model# for an AR with the lightest pull ??

An 8 ounce trigger on an AR sounds like an accident waiting to happen. eek

Let's hope the sear and hammer face fit perfectly and you hold the trigger back like your suppose to.

Sent via toaster oven.

An 8 ounce trigger on an AR sounds like an accident waiting to happen. eek
where did I say anything about an 8 oz. trigger in an AR ?? READ, I said "going from an 8 oz, trigger in a 700 ie, Rem 700, to 4 # in an AR ????????

Jim, thank you for the Info, seams like you are the only one that answers questions and not interested in juvenile behavior

Don't necessarily know if it's the lightest but the Geissele Hi Speed National Match second stage is 6-14oz. The first stage is 1.5-2.5 lbs so the total can be as light as 1.9-3.4 lbs. It is sometimes a transition between a single stage bolt trigger and a two stage AR trigger.

Reactions: 6brshooter
Had jewell on my LBC. It would double tap sometime triple, when i had it at 1lbs
Les had it set at 3 lbs i think???

The Jewell will go pretty low. I don't know if I ever got mine down to a pound, but it was pretty nice. Also, you can adjust the first stage weight without removing the trigger from the rifle, which I don't think any other trigger will let you do. But in the end, I swapped it out for a Geissele high speed. It manages a very nice light (maybe 2ish pounds total?) pull while maintaining a full power hammer spring. The old Jewells used a lighter hammer spring, which caused some problems now and then. I heard they fixed that, but I don't know for sure. The Geissele a great trigger, and I have no issues going back and forth between my 8 oz Barnard and my AR.

I also have a Geiselle in my AR service rifle that breaks at about 5 pounds. It feels nicer than that because it's so well made. I would skip straight to the Geissele if I were you.

And the support is great. Google "Geissele triggers" and watch the youtube videos from the man himself. Then compare that to Jewell's website. Oops. Jewell has no website. You've got to track down a phone number and call them.

Last edited:
Four pounds is perfectly acceptable. 8 oz sounds way too light for a 700 in the field. It has no practical application. My best advice for an AR trigger is plenty of dry fire. That will cure what ails you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Another vote for the Geissele Hi Speed National Match. I have one on my .260 Rem AR-10. It did have to be adjusted a bit heavier because otherwise the rifle doubled. Interesting, but not conducive to small groups. I expect to put one on one of my AR-15s to replace the JP trigger that's in it. It has 3,500 rounds on it and isn't as light or smooth as it once was.

I did a bunch of *careful* stoning of a stock hammer and sear on another one of my AR-15s and got the pull down to a safe 3.5 pounds. This is without any reduced-power springs. I did have my 'smith case-harden the parts once I had the pull where I wanted it.

Richard

Had jewell on my LBC. It would double tap sometime triple, when i had it at 1lbs
Les had it set at 3 lbs i think???

People have found themselves in federal prison, and I am not exagerating, for malfunctioning triggers causing it to go machine gun kelly.

Don't fuck around with triggers, and stick to WELL known, proven designs like Gisselle, KAC, ect.

The Gisselle Hi speed DMR and National Match are about as good as you can get while being reliable and robust enough for heavy usage. They are the pinance of the AR trigger.

Reactions: Cheyenne Bodie

People have found themselves in federal prison, and I am not exagerating, for malfunctioning triggers causing it to go machine gun kelly.
Who are these people?

Because 18 U.S.C. Section 942(a)(2) makes punishable only "knowing" violations of Section 922(o). [See U.S. v. Ardoin, 19 F3d 177 (5th Cir. 1994)].

Therefore the government would have had to prove that the defendant knew of the characteristics of his AR that made it a machine gun.

Last edited:

Don't fuck around with triggers, and stick to WELL known, proven designs like Gisselle, KAC, ect.

The Gisselle Hi speed DMR and National Match are about as good as you can get while being reliable and robust enough for heavy usage. They are the
pinance of the AR trigger.

I agree 100%

Besides the Hi-Speed, another trigger to consider is the AR Gold. About as light as the Hi-Speed, but different. Where the Hi-Speed front loads the pull weight, the AR Gold back loads it. For example if they're both set for 2lbs total weight, the 1st stage on the Geissele is about 1.5lbs and the 2nd stage is about 0.5lbs. Conversely, the AR Gold is pretty much set in the exact opposite fashion with about 0.5lbs on the 1st stage and 1.5lbs on the second stage. I find it to be just as safe and reliable as the Hi-Speed. Also the AR Gold has an extremely short second stage where it may actually make the second stage feel lighter than it really is.

Just another option and I'm not necessarily saying one is better than the other, just different.

Who are these people?

Because 18 U.S.C. Section 942(a)(2) makes punishable only "knowing" violations of Section 922(o). [See U.S. v. Ardoin, 19 F3d 177 (5th Cir. 1994)].

Therefore the government would have had to prove that the defendant knew of the characteristics of his AR that made it a machine gun.

And the law means Jack shit. You and I both know it. Stop pretending like judges and lawyers will not lie, witnesses will not lie to avoid prosecution and the the law is fair.

Perfect example : United States v. Olofson - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Guy builds a rifle, screws up

Guy lends rifle to friend who goes to range, aledgedly moves selector to 3rd possition, and it goes burst and jams

Cops get warrant and in exchange for imunity , make guy who borrows testifies other dude made a machine gun (when he didn't intentionaly)

Guy who made gun gets 30 months in Fed prison for "transfering a machine gun". Judge throws out evidence and motions that would have proven him innocent. The fact that he was never charged with manufactuing an illegal machine gun, tells you all you need to know. If he didn't manufacture it (which he built) than how can he knowingly transfer it?

ATF CANNOT replicate malfunction, or cannot without some insanse set of highly unprobaable circumstances. Guy challenges to see ATF's testing methods and Judges denies that.

Loses appeal.

So if you think the long hard dick of the law and the infinante resources of such won't fuck your little ass into rawhide if you get in the wrong set of cross hairs, you are mistaken.

Those that pull the stings dont play fair, they dont even have to show you how they play.

So a guy builds a gun that either malfunctions, or (most likley) he builds it wrong due to ignorance gets his life ruined beacuse a couple extra bullets went down range with 1 trigger pull at the range.

He should have killed or raped someone, atleast he would do less time.

Last edited:
I'd like to know what M16 parts he used. Was it a bcg? Or sear? Therein lies what is important.

Was this a mistake or intentional? From the wiki article, it sounds intentional.

I'd like to know what M16 parts he used. Was it a bcg? Or sear? Therein lies what is important.
What's important is Scienter, which was proven beyond a reasonable doubt.

I wasn't arguing fairness, I was arguing that all the whining in the world about the flaws in the system doesn't matter, especially when you don't understand the system in the first place.

Last edited:
where did I say anything about an 8 oz. trigger in an AR ?? READ, I said "going from an 8 oz, trigger in a 700 ie, Rem 700, to 4 # in an AR ????????

Jim, thank you for the Info, seams like you are the only one that answers questions and not interested in juvenile behavior

LOL, the internet is a funny thing. I was not intending to be juvenile nor was I intending to disrespect you. I was just simply stating that a 1/2 pound trigger would scare me in just about any situation outside of benchrest shooting. Especially on a semi-auto that could go burst mode if the trigger goes bad somehow.

But since we're going there, you know "juvenile"... if you can't shoot well with a 4 pound trigger, the problem isn't the rifle or the trigger. ;)

Having said that, I run Geissele SSA-E on my semi-auto ARs and i absolutely love them. The first stage is set perfectly and the break to the second stage is just beautiful and crisp. I highly recommend them.

I haven't tried the Hi-Speed National Match version, but if it's Geissele, I bet it's awesome.

What's important is Scienter, which was proven beyond a reasonable doubt.

I wasn't arguing fairness, I was arguing that all the whining in the world about the flaws in the system doesn't matter, especially when you don't understand the system in the first place.

Your full of shit. I could spend 24/7 for the next 100 years citing examples where people were prococuted, evidence suppressed and "innocent" people are found guilt "beyond a reasonable doubt" especialy when judges frame/force rules on a jury and they don't understand the whole point of why they are they.

Please tell me what M16 Parts were used? You do realize, than a Semi - Ar15 uses 95%+ M16/M4 parts right? If he made an illegal machine gun, than why was he not charged and conviced of MANUFACTURING A MACHINGUN?

The government didn't prove shit, it coerced its main witness under threat of prococution, suppresed evidence that would idemnify the defendent, and refused to even discoluse the testing proceduces used by their expert withness/reglatory body that was used to prosocute.

It was a fucking kangaroo court and the dude was railroaded. The justice system failed him, just like it does to countless others, EVERYDAY.

Hiding behind the law and what some band of merry faggotry jury, judge and DA is just pathetic.

The whole point still seems to allude you..................Be in possestion or ownership of a rifle that malfunctions, leading to machine gun qualities, and you could be next.

Your full of shit. I could spend 24/7 for the next 100 years citing examples where people were prococuted, evidence suppressed and "innocent" people are found guilt "beyond a reasonable doubt" especialy when judges frame/force rules on a jury and they don't understand the whole point of why they are they....
Of the 24/7 x 100 I have no doubt. You are absolutely right: The world functions the way you think it does, and anyone who sees anything else is full of it.

Are you a federal prosecutor? Did you work on that case? Because your conclusions about it suggest access to information that is not in the public realm.

Last edited:
Of the 24/7 x 100 I have no doubt. You are absolutely right: The world functions the way you think it does, and anyone who sees anything else is full of it.

Are you a federal prosecutor? Did you work on that case? Because your conclusions about it suggest access to information that is not in the public realm.

This is not a new case, its 5+ years old. Its been talked about indepth on many other sites, including atleast one where council and people who were involved in the fund raising/defense have chimed in.

The whole situations stinks and its a shame some dude lost his chance at a decent life over something so trivial and non violent.

How about you all get off this guys topic if you want to b*tch with one another go make your own topic in the right section.

Sent via toaster oven.

Please tell me what M16 Parts were used? You do realize, than a Semi - Ar15 uses 95%+ M16/M4 parts right? If he made an illegal machine gun, than why was he not charged and conviced of MANUFACTURING A MACHINGUN?
Why wasn't he charged with manufacturing? Relevant question: Manufacturing is 26 U.S.C Section 5861(f). He was not charged with that likely because there was insufficient proof that he manufactured in accordance with intending the parts to constitute a machine gun in one of the three enumerated ways under 26 U.S.C. section 5845(b).

Don't necessarily know if it's the lightest but the Geissele Hi Speed National Match second stage is 6-14oz. The first stage is 1.5-2.5 lbs so the total can be as light as 1.9-3.4 lbs. It is sometimes a transition between a single stage bolt trigger and a two stage AR trigger.
Thank you, I'll look bet they seam to be N I S

How about you all get off this guys topic if you want to b*tch with one another go make your own topic in the right section.
Under normal circumstances I would agree with you, but why would one want a lightest-pull AR trigger anyway? Is Barfcom down today, with only three hours left until deployment, or is the quest itself simply Operator as Fuck.

Last edited:
Why would anyone want a lightest-pull AR trigger anyway? Is Barfcom down today, with only three hours left until deployment, or is the quest itself simply Operator as Fuck?

It allows one to compensate for their inability to press the trigger without disrupting their poa. If you suck, buy gear and it makes you OAF!!!

What if I'm already OAF? Does that mean that I need a heavier trigger in order to stay out of federal prison?

Put another way, if I shoot a rifle one-handed does that make it a pistol? Because people are telling me that if I ever shoot a SIG AR pistol from the shoulder it will become an SBR and I could end-up facing jail time.

... But only if the Trilateral Commission orders the black helicopters at the behest of the military-industrial complex.

Way too much craziness here for one day, gents.?

Last edited:
OAF legal team?

Lol didn't the ATF actually recently determine there is no legal or illegal way to shoot a pistol?

What if I'm already OAF? Does that mean that I need a heavier trigger in order to stay out of federal prison?

Put another way, if I shoot a rifle one-handed does that make it a pistol? Because people are telling me that if I ever shoot a SIG AR pistol from the shoulder it will become an SBR and I could end-up facing jail time.

... But only if the Trilateral Commission orders the black helicopters at the behest of the military-industrial complex.

Way too much craziness here for one day, gents.?

Graham,
You have never dealt with the local authority, as I have. Why would you even go here? It is the road to Perdition, laddie. (Eternal Damnation)
JP, Geissele, Timney. Why, on God's Green Earth, would you fuck with anything else? Straight up question. Other than an esoteric "What if"?

No one "needs" lighter than 4.5 lbs on an AR---the records set by the National Match shooters with irons prove this to me. Very few of us will ever be able to shoot as well as they do. It's all about the break and Giess. and AR Gold got it down to a science. Have a great Wilson trigger also. Have not tried the new Hyperfire(?) yet.

No one "needs" lighter than 4.5 lbs on an AR---the records set by the National Match shooters with irons prove this to me. Very few of us will ever be able to shoot as well as they do. It's all about the break and Giess. and AR Gold got it down to a science. Have a great Wilson trigger also. Have not tried the new Hyperfire(?) yet.

What you have observed suggests you have a good mind. What a refreshing post.

Under normal circumstances I would agree with you, but why would one want a lightest-pull AR trigger anyway? Is Barfcom down today, with only three hours left until deployment, or is the quest itself simply Operator as Fuck.

Well there's a different feel from a 700s crisp trigger to a longer pull of an AR. He never asked for the lightest trigger available. He wanted to see what options are out there.

Before the term OAF comes out again. I have a actual hk91 untouched. I shoot pretty damn good with it.

I also have a Ptr with a trigger job pushing it as close to single stage you can. It's around 4 pounds and I absolutely love it. I have no problem running it out 500 yards ringing steel consistently.

My fathers 700 is about 1 pound. I like it. But id still run my Ptr. Why? Because I'm use to it. I'm comfortable with it, I know what both the rifle and I are capable of.

So I can see where his "feel" arises from. It's not a thought process saying he "needs" this. It's when he touches it there is a foreign feeling. So yes there's a learning curve getting use to something different takes practice.

It's like getting in a car to test drive it off the dealers lot. Yes you can get an idea of what to car is capable but you won't be 100% until you've drove the vehicle for so time. I had a z I wrecked it. I get back in my old beat up 7.3. If my Z was running and I had a obstacle course set up I could do circles around my Z. Even with the 7.3's half working power steering worn front leaf springs and broken sway bar. Why because I had the truck for 4 years and I'm use to it. I've been in rain, snow, high water, mud, swamps, and experienced load shits.

So to sum up all this.

I can understand where he's coming from. It will never be his 700. He never said he wanted it like that. Just looking what was out there.

I agree It takes practice everything does, all those winners you were talking about well, they've had practice with their rifle you give them a different gun they'll have to go through a learning curve again.

This topic was blown completely out of proportion with a pointless pissing match over the internet. There was more arguing with different members than the member who started the post. Heck he barely talk me made like 3-4 posts.

If someone could have just nicely gave him his answer then also recommended he just save his money some and just keep practicing. Explaining there's a learning curve to every weapon you pick up. If he still didn't want anything to do with it then fine it's his own toy.

Instead "WE" went off arguing over oaf, laws, ATF, bs bs bs.

Yes, "we" even my first post wasn't the best. Because it could be taken in the wrong way. I had no experience in the area the only experience I had was that the sear faces need to be perfect if he was looking for that light of a trigger so it wouldn't bump fire.

Sent via toaster oven.

He never asked for the lightest trigger available. He wanted to see what options are out there

Actually he asked for the lightest trigger for an AR. It's even in the title of the thread.

I agree on the Timney above. I have one on my AR 10 now and it's amazing. Way better than my original 2 stage armalite trigger. Extremely fast.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

I'm running Hiper Touch triggers from HiperFire in my ARs. One has a 24E (HIPERTOUCH Elite AR15 Match Trigger Drop In) and another has a 243G (HIPERTOUCH AR15 3-Gun Trigger) in it. By far one of the most user friendly and easily tunable AR triggers out there IMO. If the OP wants something close to the light trigger weight in his REM 700 , then the Hiper touch will fit the bill. I run the light springs in both of mine and find them to be the ideal weight. 8541 Tactical did a review on it a while back. I've shot the other AR triggers out there, and there are some good ones out there, but I find the Hiper touch triggers to be what works for me.

I've been running a AR Gold Trigger from American Trigger Corp for a few months now on a 6.5 grendel build, and I would say that it's now my favorite. Iv'e been using geissele triggers for years in all my AR's, Not any more....

The OP didn't state what kind of shooting he will be doing the AR Gold trigger really shines in precision long range shooting it is as close to a bolt gun trigger as anyone will find, it has a light 4-6 oz first stage to a crisp 2-3LB second stage, and has a super fast/short reset..

For any other type of AR shooting CMC drop in..

A real PITA is going from my 700's 8
oz trigger to a 4# trigger on my RRA AR. My question is who makes a trigger, and which model# for an AR with the lightest pull ??
Hiperfire triggers get pretty light. I have the reflex with the lightest springs . My pulls consistently at 1lb 14 oz.