• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

LMT .308 MWS

I love my mws
Just put an 18 ss 5r on it
S3g trigger
Socom brake
She is almost there..
I'd love to land a 6.5 barrel
But im not gonna pay what people are wanting!

Attachments

• 20210318_133411.jpg
    20210318_133411.jpg
    435.3 KB · Views: 516
I love my mws
Just put an 18 ss 5r on it
S3g trigger
Socom brake
She is almost there..
I'd love to land a 6.5 barrel
But im not gonna pay what people are wanting!
So, I've seen more than a few people on here running a Geissele Super 3gun triggers in their MWSs. Is there any reason why? I had a sd3g in a hog rifle and liked it for close stuff but found it a poor longer distance trigger compared to my SD-E or other more traditional good 2 stage triggers. I could not get consistent shots on running animals and would tend to jerk it under stress (obviously this is still my fault and not the system).

I am extremely happy with my MWS, just wanted to see if you or anyone else had a reason for this.

(rail placement is for a tripod)
20210320_190908.jpg

Reactions: Snapper314
I've contemplated selling mine and cashing in on the premium price they are commanding. I'm not that hard up for cash though. No organ transplant needed and I'm not in danger of foreclosure at the moment. Lol.

The s3g is the best for rapid engagement close quarter stuff

Faster than any other trigger I know of
But....long range not so great
Hard to get used to know when she breaks...
Cannot feel the first stage..lol
I'm building my rig for near and far...so to speak...
]I'm seriously thinking about trading out to a nice 2 stage

I just got my 18 5r on
So I'm gonna do some longer stuff hopefully this weekend and see how I do with the s3g with that

Also a big fan of the SUPER DYNAMIC ENHANCED (SD-E) TRIGGER and have standardized. I like having the same trigger feel on the MRP and MWS.

Rasyad
Its a really great trigger to use for most guns like that you still want a duty grade trigger for. I doubt I'll ever upgrade from that trigger. I liked the LMT 2 stage trigger that came in mine but felt it was kinda heavy. It traded places with another AR for the SDE.

The s3g is the best for rapid engagement close quarter stuff

Faster than any other trigger I know of
But....long range not so great
Hard to get used to know when she breaks...
Cannot feel the first stage..lol
I'm building my rig for near and far...so to speak...
]I'm seriously thinking about trading out to a nice 2 stage

I just got my 18 5r on
So I'm gonna do some longer stuff hopefully this weekend and see how I do with the s3g with that
Let me know how that ends up working out for you when you make it out to shoot. I'm not sure how near "near" is but you have quite a bit of scope on there for close shooting. My experience was with the sd3g is that its a fantastic trigger but that was not ideal for shooting past 50 yards. If I could've made it fit in my B&T APC9 I think it would've been amazing there. (I'm not trying to dump on your build, btw)

I moved some other parts around and shot mine at 260m the other day and got some good results with sh*t Tula 150gr (because its 45 cents a piece in nearly unlimited stock near me). I think I'm probably going to end up putting a 3-15x ish optic onto this rifle eventually but will use the lpvo with the pinned 13.5 barrel I have now. The 20moa ADM mount+XTRii has like 1.5mm of clearance at the objective lense.
20210403_193536-1.jpg
20210402_190418 - Copy.jpg
20210402_184451.jpg

Snagged one of the 15.5" M-LOK stripped uppers off the LMT store and it just showed up today with a fancy sticker on it. Mocked it up with the 16" 308 barrel I have on hand. Definitely needs a spacer on the muzzle device if you have a QD-attach suppressor and want to do a 16 inch barrel - very tight fit.

View attachment 7605442View attachment 7605445
Very nice.

I was not sure if it would take a 16 inch barrel and run a can.

Could you take a closer look at the gap between the can and the rail, and also a close up of what mount and rail?

I am wondering if a a dead air and combo would work here. Part of me would like to cut back my 20 inch 6.5CM barrel to 16 and run this upper.

Something like my 13.5 308,

Attachments

• 20181114-173228.jpg
    20181114-173228.jpg
    718 KB · Views: 232
Very nice.

I was not sure if it would take a 16 inch barrel and run a can.

Could you take a closer look at the gap between the can and the rail, and also a close up of what mount and rail?

I am wondering if a a dead air and combo would work here. Part of me would like to cut back my 20 inch 6.5CM barrel to 16 and run this upper.

Something like my 13.5 308,
If you’re cutting, I’d just go 16.5. With a 16 you definitely would need a spacer behind the muzzle device. Here it is without one:

528EFF6E-B46B-4542-871E-CEFF6971011D.jpeg

Wow...

Definitely a tight fit.. It does look really good though, yeah, I think 16.5 would be a good call.

I can’t even find a place for an order since the website re-design...

@jwramp does it come with any M-LOK attachments for a bipod or anything?

I am having a hard time not picking one of these up...

Reactions: Snape315
Yeah.

I would like to grab one and have my 20 inch 6.5cm barrel cut back to 16. Would be a sweet little set up

• Love
Reactions: MPD142
Just picked up a 15.5" Mlok rail from PA. Shocked its already avail + in stock

Reactions: jwramp
How tight are the MLK uppers around the gas block? I know the mlr is pretty tight.

And how much mlock is there on the bottom of the 15.5 upper? Has anyone found a dovetail section that fits in there well?

Its pretty
How tight are the MLK uppers around the gas block? I know the mlr is pretty tight.

And how much mlock is there on the bottom of the 15.5 upper? Has anyone found a dovetail section that fits in there well?
It's fairly tight. There's space but it takes some wiggling to get it out if there are mlok sections installed in front of it

Would the gas system on the 20" 6.5 work cut down that short?
You never know until you give it a try. If there are some issues, I would just send it out to Dwilson to be reported no big deal

See above post where my AAC muzzle device is recessed inside the rail. You need a good 1/4-3/8 of shims to get it out far enough for that can. Direct thread probably wouldn't be as bad.
I was just trying to decide if I wanted a 15.5” MPR upper. This is a real bummer to see. Really wish they would’ve made this 15”. Damn
So the threads started inside the handguard on your 16”?

I was just trying to decide if I wanted a 15.5” MPR upper. This is a real bummer to see. Really wish they would’ve made this 15”. Damn
So the threads started inside the handguard on your 16”?
Absolutely, yes. Gotta use shims if you don't want the muzzle device recessed on a 16" barrel.

Absolutely, yes. Gotta use shims if you don't want the muzzle device recessed on a 16" barrel.
God damn... that sucks. Not well thought out. Not willing to shim that much and don’t want to shave the rail. 12.5” it is I guess

God damn... that sucks. Not well thought out. Not willing to shim that much and don’t want to shave the rail. 12.5” it is I guess
Well it was clearly made for a 6.5 system with a longer than 16" barrel, so I wouldn't say it wasn't well thought out. Just not quite matching whatever you have in mind for a build.

Well it was clearly made for a 6.5 system with a longer than 16" barrel, so I wouldn't say it wasn't well thought out. Just not quite matching whatever you have in mind for a build.
I’d agree with you if the MRP wasn’t a switch barrel platform for which they make the very popular size 16” barrel...

Considering its a modular system, I am ok with things not being as refined as say a knights. The length may have been derived from a requirement in the socom test that required a 15.5 rail so it is what it is. Fwiw. The standard upper is perfect with the 13.5 barrel

20181114-173228.jpg

It was also an easy fix for me to mill off a fraction of an inch from the front and rock on 😎
Lol. As much as I was really looking forward to the 15.5, I’m not sure it’d be worth trying to find someone to do that for me. Would really bother me to modify a brand new product. I must be weird.
Yours did turn out nicely. Good job.

Lol. As much as I was really looking forward to the 15.5, I’m not sure it’d be worth trying to find someone to do that for me. Would really bother me to modify a brand new product. I must be weird.
Yours did turn out nicely. Good job.
There’s a gunsmith d. Wilson who you can look up who is known for work on LMT and has posted a few handguards he has set back for people

I just purchased a LMT Mars H with a 13.5" barrel it has the Surefire Warcomp muzzle device pinned and welded, and LAW Folder. I'd like to see some pics of other 13.5 barreled LMT's with or without cans and scopes. Thinking about a vortex 1-10 for scope? Any issues with throwing a 7.62 Socom can on this setup, anything I should watch for, overgassing?

I just purchased a LMT Mars H with a 13.5" barrel it has the Surefire Warcomp muzzle device pinned and welded, and LAW Folder. I'd like to see some pics of other 13.5 barreled LMT's with or without cans and scopes. Thinking about a vortex 1-10 for scope? Any issues with throwing a 7.62 Socom can on this setup, anything I should watch for, overgassing?

AslOBSc.jpg

Good idea. This is a SOCOM mini. No issues with gas at all.

I have a LW 13.5 barrel for mine. I've run a silencerco hybrid (which tends to be a low backpressure can) on it and had a decent experience. I use one of the clints heavy buffers with both barrels suppressed or not (7.5 Oz I think) before that the recoil was pretty excessive with the can. I have noticed that this 13.5 barrel groups seem to open up much faster than my standard profile 16". The razor 3 would probably be a good choice for your rifle. I find it's a good hog blaster to spam cheap m80 ball out of.

What do you plan on using it for?
20210523_120334.jpg
20210523_120134.jpg

The lpvo is in a 1.93 height mount

The SureFire SOCOM is an excellent choice for LMT.
I run one on my MWS. Smooth and reliable. Gun is stone stock otherwise. No heavy buffer, adjustable bolt carrier, or other fuckery.

Reactions: 79steeler
The Dead Air Sandman Series works really well with the 13.5 Barrel. My Gem-tech GMT-300WM was violently over gassing the system. Honestly, I have zero gas issues while running the K can

Thanks guys I'm super excited about this rifle. May do a second barrel in 6.5 Creedmoor. As far as use just a fun gun! I think this setup could do about anything!!! Thanks for the great pics!!!

Reactions: Vivacious Stallion
The Dead Air Sandman Series works really well with the 13.5 Barrel. My Gem-tech GMT-300WM was violently over gassing the system. Honestly, I have zero gas issues while running the K can

Gunner10

Your 13.5 is awesome and motivating me to put a spare MWS into the rotation. I have been kicking around the idea of cutting the 16” barrel to fit one of my existing suppressor systems but I would love an excuse to try a new suppressor like a sandman or Nomad. Is your 13.5 SBRed or are the 2.7” keymo muzzle devices enough to get to 16” with a pin and weld or am I missing another option?

thanks

Gunner10

Your 13.5 is awesome and motivating me to put a spare MWS into the rotation. I have been kicking around the idea of cutting the 16” barrel to fit one of my existing suppressor systems but I would love an excuse to try a new suppressor like a sandman or Nomad. Is your 13.5 SBRed or are the 2.7” keymo muzzle devices enough to get to 16” with a pin and weld or am I missing another option?

thanks
Thanks.

The SOGW Nox mount should make 16. The standard DA mounts won't get you there.

The modularity and factory support makes it pretty easy for a pile of spare parts to grow into a second MWS. I actually just got my mars lower to complete my 6.5cm mws.

If you are thinking about surpressing a shorter mws, I would really recommend a low back pressure can. Surefire, dead air, OSS, are just a couple of manufacturers that have good reps for low pressure cans

Reactions: TheOtherAndrew