• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Local Cop Makes the News for the Right Reasons

Tucker301

Groundskeeper
Banned !
Feb 13, 2015
Southern VA
https://wtvr.com/2019/02/18/c-b-fleming-video/

He's a great guy!

First he made sure they were safe, then this police officer laid down to play dolls with these girls
POSTED 3:06 PM, FEBRUARY 18, 2019, BY WAYNE COVIL, SCOTT WISE AND WEB STAFF

SOUTH HILL, Va. — Gotham has Batman. Metropolis has Superman. Wakanda has Black Panther. And South Hill, Virginia has C.B. Fleming.
“They need someone who they feel is a superhero,” Iesha Roper-Boswell said while standing outside her Mecklenburg Manor apartment.
The 28-year-old mother said she believed her daughter and other children in the community have found such a superhero in Fleming, the 42-year-old South Hill Police corporal.
“He’s awesome. That’s the only word you can really use to describe C.B.,” she said. “It’s just amazing, the bond he has with the children.”
When emergency crews recently responded to the apartment complex to investigate a gas leak, Officer Fleming spotted children outside playing.
Once the leak was deemed not a threat, Fleming wanted to make sure the children felt safe.
So he laid down and played dolls with the kids. Roper-Boswell recorded video of the interaction and posted it on Facebook.
That video has been viewed thousands of times by people all across the country.
“It’s something I’ve always tried to do,” Fleming, who will be celebrating his 15th year on the force, said about his interaction with the children. “When I got into this job, I knew there was something different, other than just writing tickets and being the bad person all the time. I figured if I could be that bright spot in someone’s day then that’s all that mattered.”
Roper-Boswell said she believed Fleming’s genuine interest in the children and her neighbors came through in the images she shared.
“People need the positivity,” she said. “I was telling him that my daughter, my niece, and some of the other children here were afraid of cops. So when he came and played with them, I captured that moment, not because I thought it would go viral, but it was amazing that my niece didn’t break out into tears.”
Fleming said he hoped his actions, and those of his fellow police officers, would lead to real change in police and community relations.
“We had a lot of calls here when I first started,” Fleming reflected about his time as an officer. “I figured if I could let them know that I was an anchor point, that they could come and talk to me and trust me, then I could do some good.
“I want everyone, not just the kids… but the moms and dad… to know that they can come to me.”
While playing with dolls or coloring with kids may not be what some people have in mind when they picture a police officer’s job — Roper-Boswell said she was thankful that’s exactly what happens in her community.
“For him to make my child feel like she’s safe, she doesn’t even have to call 911, she just has to call C.B. if she’s in trouble. I’m glad he made this part of his job,” she said. “He’s changed my daughter and niece’s lives.”

Yessir! That’s good that it is making at least some headline. There was a cop up here that got caught playing basketball with some kids; it made the local news only

Reactions: 1J04
Same cop today, reading to kids at a daycare run by a friend of mine.

Good to see this. We need more cops that care about their communities enough to do something besides just handing out regulation violations.

the popo are just conditioning those kids to comply no matter what when they get to gun owning age....

on a nicer note, these fucking officials need to stop virtue projecting its unmanly and looks a little suspicious

Hush up @ArmyJerry

Sometimes, people are just good people and someone catches em on camera.
Maybe, maybe not in this case. I vote with most likely whats happening here.

I love to do stuff like this. Way back when I was a bachelor man I volunteered 2 afternoons a week with an afterschool program with kids who didnt have a male role model.
Just whats good, nothing else.

How the hell can ya not do whats right for the kids?
There is great debate about what is right, giving kids time and positive attention as well as firm and loving discipline is a darn good place to start.

Reactions: Maggot
Did you mentor for the camera?

Hell I mentored a group of 1st Gen American - Haitian kids for 15 years in Miami, at my house every day... all joined the Army and now are finishing college or still in. Never once did I take a pic or post on FB or any other social media... Made sure all knew and read teh founding documents,,,Their dad was/is a POS, mom was/is a nurse church attendee at wife's church... spent beaucoup $ and time with those kids along with my own but not to project virtue, its just something men do and should do.

Im not sure who took pics and posted.

Im more inclined to see from the positive side as someone else saw him (for sure in the youtube vid, some mom in the apt building did it) and took vid or pic and did it.

Again, I said maybe not.

No. I never do anything in front of a camera. Even have pled with folks to not post on FB if they took a picture. Im not into that crap.
Except pics with family.

Good work with those kids AJ. Aint easy doing that stuff, thats for sure.

Reactions: ArmyJerry
I think you can tell he's genuine by his body language, he's just laid back playing with the kids. The kids are relaxed too. Reminds me of the cop that got called out to deal with me, 14yo and coming straight from hell, they found my SKS the neighbor bought for me (before the straw law). My grandmother wasn't aware of it, but she did know about my Smith revolver and a Mac11 I had. The bitch that was with him wanted to take it and charge me, instead he traded me a very nice, new 10/22 and came back that weekend to take me to the range. I taught him how to use his new rifle and we had fun shooting golf balls. The trade was 1 for 1 equal damn near to the penny. I actually looked up to him, and if there was a problem and we needed the police, I'd demand they send him. I wonder what that old Texan is doing now... I do wish him the best, and I hope he got out of AL.

The bitch, btw, was the very one that came out three years earlier to deal with my father during the divorce. She wanted to take him to jail then too. She gave zero fucks about the 11yo kid caught up in that shit.

These people set the high standard by which the rest should be judged. There are good ones AJ. I agree, the bad ones, hang 'em high, but the good ones, we need to hold 'em high.

I met a load of them from time to time and especially down at the nightmare we had in Charlottesville a couple years back. Ive found that most of the Virginia PoPo are pretty good guys.

For the short time I worked in jail, that was my goal was to make the biggest asshole smile. At least once, half the time it was my SGT, not an inmate. Life is too short to be an asshole all the time.