• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

(LOL) FAIRFAX CT. VA: "Stop educating your children at home. It is racist and unfair. And it also makes them too smart for our liking".

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

"Personally I would sacrfice 1000 generic schmucks to save one Einstein. Any day of the week!"

Last edited:
Getting a few lessons in one. 1 (for the kids who can get tutors ) the school system in Fairfax County has a you should only be as good as the weakest link mentality, 2 (for the kids who can't) life's not "fair" better to learn that early

While I do agree with you, have you read it? All three volumes? Good lord it's hard to get through. Not because it's dark, but it's just so damn dry...
I have volume 1 & 2. I’ve started the first a few times and get ~75 pages then put it down. I have so many other books on my shelf to read that I sort of hunt and peck through a few at a time

Russian home schooling ............

There are numerous places in Russia that are EXTREMELY pro-gun, and even during the worst of the Stalinist purges and societal upheavals, many non-police and non-military civilians legally owned arms, much like in China from 1949 until 1996, when the Jiang Zeming administration enacted a near-blanket ban which is showing little signs of being lifted. In the current day, shotguns and rifles do not have to be registered in Russia, but handguns are much harder to obtain, with the exception of CO2/smokeless blank powered 'gas guns' that fired a stun ball for less-lethal effect...

@jphil108 ,
I sort of agree with your point to pay teachers a competitive wage, however I am opposed to doing it in the setting we see today. Every effort to tie pay to performance outcomes is thwarted at every turn. The spokes person pushes back with excuses of why that is not possible and how the students coming into the grade are not performing at that level, and it's not their fault, blah, blah, blah.

I look at what is happening now, with parents coming together and hiring teachers to teach pods of students. I would like to believe that at some level the parents have some sort of metric to determine if their money is being spent well. If the teacher isn't living up to those expectations, I would like to believe that the parent or parents would just quit paying that person and find someone else.

If the private sector (the parents) can come up with performance metrics, why can't the schools? That's really rhetorical, however it makes you think huh? Wouldn't it be nice if we actually graduated students that were good citizens and had mastered their lessons? ... makes you think.

Maybe Covid was a blessing in disguise.

Don’t get me wrong, I don’t think it’s possible to fix the current system by throwing money at teachers, or by cutting dead weight but until teaching pays well, most of what you’re going to get is dumb bleeding heart commie types who will work for peanuts until the system burns them out from watching years worth of kids go through and learn nothing.