• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Looking for a Dog's Name

I started listing all of the gun and ammo names I could think of to the girlfriend and had her pick one she liked. Ended up with Ackley. Like P.O. Ackley. I like it, but it's a bitch explaining to people the origin of the name.

"He was guy who hot-rodded a bunch of centerfire cartridges keeping the neck-shoulder junction but increasing shoulder angle and decreasing body taper to increase velocity with the same parent case..."

...cashier at Scheels.. ":unsure:"

If you look up synonyms and associated words for grey you get some cool potential names. Slate, Dapple, Dove, Ash, Dusky, Cloudy, Pearly, Smoky.

Reactions: BullGear
Personally, I like naming dogs either from their quirks or appearance. For instance, she has white bell shape on her face. Call her Liberty.

We had one we called Dog. or Doggie Dog. Kids.
I had a lazy hound I named Beauregard. Called him Bo.
Good dog.
No bullshit, sissy names, either.
There was a TV Cowboy in the late 50's called his dog, "Worthless". Big Sheepdog.
Best line on old time TV was when Stimey or Spanky would shout, "Sic 'em, Petey!" That bull would tear into it.

I have an Aunt that named her Purebred Golden Setter (she was VERY particular to point that out, each time) "Phideaux...." Not recommended.

Have more fun with this, and stand out in a crowd. Name her:

"Knockers"

:D

Something that doesn’t sound like “NO”. Made that mistake with one of our first Border Collies. Named him “Bo”. Dog names should be short and sweet.

What did your father do for a living? My grandfather cruised timber. Our 1st registered dog when I was a kid had my favorite dog name: Old Acres Timber Cruiser. We called him Timber. 2nd was Loblolly Music, called her Music. My other grandfather worked at Hercules, so we had one named Hercules. Then there was Ham-Bone.

When we got my puppy girl, my wife and I couldn’t agree either, so we tossed a coin for naming rights and I won. I picked Tikka, but my wife eventually talked me into Sammy Colt.
You should take Tikka.
Here is Sammy.
1F3E3D37-E8BD-4DE7-80A0-31E09FCDAE7B.jpeg

Buddy got surprised with a labradoodle pup for Christmas. After a few hours wife and kids asked what he was gonna name it. He said ”gutters, cause thats what i was gonna put on the house with the money you spent on that damn dog”
Older brother had one named click click. Not the words but the noise you make with your mouth
Thats a gorgeous pup. Like said above it will name itself after a few hours

What did your father do for a living? My grandfather cruised timber. Our 1st registered dog when I was a kid had my favorite dog name: Old Acres Timber Cruiser. We called him Timber. 2nd was Loblolly Music, called her Music. My other grandfather worked at Hercules, so we had one named Hercules. Then there was Ham-Bone.

My dad was a coal miner, a general store owner and finally became a butcher until he died.

Reactions: wh20crazy
Pick out 3 names. Then walk around your neighborhood screaming each name. Whichever one makes you sound less like an idiot...That's the name to use. lol

Yeah, my wife was wanting a stupid name. I told her to think about calling out that name in public. She quickly realized her error.

Okay, here's where we're at.

My choices: Maya, Leela or Bella
Wife's choices: Heidi, Kona, or Dolly.

HELP!

I like Kona or Bella. Best friend in college had a dog named Bella. Loved that mutt!

Damn it. Damn it, sit. Damn it, stay. When your running around the neighborhood yelling Damn it, get over here.

• Love
On second thought, Bitch. Bitch, get over here! Bitch, bring me a beer! DO NOT try on the wife!

• Haha
They’ll invariably be called some abbreviated and/or alliterative version of their name, so consider that too.

Our dogs Bonnie and Lucy are called “Bon” or “Bon Bon” and “Lu“ or “Lulu” 9 times out of 10... or “damn it” or “derpy” depending on how they’re acting!

We have a Border collie named Arrow.(had an arrow marking as a pup)

Great grandfather had a dog named Deefer as in D for dog.
One day I'll win & get to use that name

Since it is female, name it the same as your wife. That can be used to your advantage in many ways!

• Haha