• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Precision Rifle Gear Love my new Mini-X, ...but!

Alamo308

Private
Minuteman
Apr 5, 2010
Texas
The seemingly endless precision adjustments built into this remarkable device provide incredible customization in establishing and maintaining a solidly stable front rest. So many adjustments that I'm still gaining familiarity with the assembly. One especially vexing challenge is my perception that the mariner wheel so tightly contacts the leg-angle locking thumb-wheels (orange arrow), that it can be impossible to conveniently rotate the mariner wheel to make dynamic elevation adjustments moving from row to row on a target. I've come up with a compromise but awkward work-around by raising/lowering the height of the two forward feet and/or the height of the rear (mechanical) rest. Both of these sacrifice time, which negatively impacts the desired shooting rhythm during a timed match. 😕
What's a shooter to do? 🤔

2024-03-01_cropped-reduced_arrowed.jpg

I would raise the leg angle and feet before that middle post when setting up personally

Reactions: Alamo308
I would raise the leg angle and feet before that middle post when setting up personally
Yes sir! That is the solution: Increasing the leg angle lowers the thumb-wheels out of contact with the mariner wheel.
I thought of it laying in bed last night and did exactly that at the range today, and voila! Solved! (y) :confused: :D