• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

LR 308 extracter marking cases

pby5cat

Private
Minuteman
Jun 17, 2012
Agoura Hills, California
I have a Fulton Armory 6.5 creedmoore upper, which is a DPMS pattern. This was the first time out to the range for the gun. I had no failure to feed or failure to extract problems. I fired Hornady 140GR Amax retail ammo only.

the problem i have is the extracter is engraving two parallel notches the width of the extracter into each case tail. The extracter is actually shaving off brass on the primer side of the case tail. What can I change so that the extracter doesn't chew up the cases so bad?

eZCJp.jpg

Re: LR 308 extracter marking cases

My Grendel Ar15 did that too. I polished the outside edges of the extractor where it was making contact.

You could run a bolt gun... Extraction and ejection are violent actions in a gas gun. Beat up case heads are not uncommon.

My MA-TEN w/18.5" Douglas (the thread title MA-Ten Multicam Krylon) did the same thing, that is until I switched
to a JP Adj. Gas Block,Enidine Shorty Buffer (running a UBR Stock) and Tubbs Flatwire Srping and Tubbs Carrier Weight (heavy).

Semis no longer have to chew up brass thats a thing of the past.

So easy on brass that beside the powder burn you coudnt tell
it was a spent case. No Visible marks At All.
I would have to spin it between my fingers to actually confirm that there where even extractor marks on the case.

Recoil (Bennie Cooley Large Brake) was also greatly reduced.
So easy to drive. 1k hammer on 10" gongs

Just have to take the time to tune it right.

Hope this helps
AL